ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mcdowell42

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by mcdowell42 »

According to @milliyet, over the last few days Besiktas started official negotiations with #Arsenal to sign Elneny but failed to find an agreement & instead signed Barcelona’s Miralem Pjanić on loan. https://t.co/x4TjCKOfuU

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:55 am
According to @milliyet, over the last few days Besiktas started official negotiations with #Arsenal to sign Elneny but failed to find an agreement & instead signed Barcelona’s Miralem Pjanić on loan. https://t.co/x4TjCKOfuU
seems to be a recurring theme.
we will have demanded too much and then the other side walks away.

our negotiators are appalling.
too eager to sign crap players on high wages and then wonder why no one wants them when we try and get rid of them :roll:

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:12 am

seems to be a recurring theme.
we will have demanded too much and then the other side walks away.

our negotiators are appalling.
too eager to sign crap players on high wages and then wonder why no one wants them when we try and get rid of them :roll:
To be fair, if you were offered the choice between Elneny and Pjanić, it really is a no brainer :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:06 pm
Serge Aurier would consider a move to Arsenal after terminating his contract at Tottenham. The 28-year-old wants to stay in England & Arsenal are one of a number of clubs that have been made aware of his preference. [Sky] #afc https://t.co/oMt0ABKTKF
A man whose decision making makes David Luiz and Clive look like the height of calmness - imagine offloading Linda the Tofu Muncher and bringing in someone even more shite!

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

So it’s being reported in a few places now that Arteta wanted Ramsdale and Edu wanted to go for someone ‘cheaper’ and he put forward Neto of Barcelona…….whose agent is a certain Mr Joorabchian! :cussing: They have to fuck Edu off sharpish because the guy is a fucking snidey cheating backhanding c.unt (allegedly)……..😉

augie

Post by augie »

TeeCee wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:48 pm
So it’s being reported in a few places now that Arteta wanted Ramsdale and Edu wanted to go for someone ‘cheaper’ and he put forward Neto of Barcelona…….whose agent is a certain Mr Joorabchian! :cussing: They have to fuck Edu off sharpish because the guy is a fucking snidey cheating backhanding c.unt (allegedly)……..😉

Have to say that on this one I am backing edu - for a club limited on resources like we are, spending that much money on a back up keeper was ridiculous. I would certainly have preferred we signed neto and spent the ramsdale money elsewhere

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:38 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:06 pm
Serge Aurier would consider a move to Arsenal after terminating his contract at Tottenham. The 28-year-old wants to stay in England & Arsenal are one of a number of clubs that have been made aware of his preference. [Sky] #afc https://t.co/oMt0ABKTKF
A man whose decision making makes David Luiz and Clive look like the height of calmness - imagine offloading Linda the Tofu Muncher and bringing in someone even more shite!
Only at Arsenal FC is that possible... :?

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I think Ramsdale has been bought in to be no.1 next season. Leno fucking off and a new no.2 coming in. I think Ramsdale could be a really good signing.

Midz

Post by Midz »

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... u-ronaldo/

Must've gone to the Mari school of defending.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

According to @milliyet, after being told #Arsenal were willing to sell, Galatasaray started negotiations with Elneny but his wage demands were too high for the Turkish club. https://t.co/bN7a2EkCST

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

augie wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:13 pm
TeeCee wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:48 pm

Have to say that on this one I am backing edu - for a club limited on resources like we are, spending that much money on a back up keeper was ridiculous. I would certainly have preferred we signed neto and spent the ramsdale money elsewhere
Guarantee that we would have still spent north of £20m on Kia client Neto. Probably north of £40m if a certain DoF was still around to replicate the Pepe deal (allegedly). :lol:

Something very fishy going on at Arsenal.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

It seems to be a ruccurring theme for sure.

Even those players not regular picks for first team action, because they are on such high wages, they seem to have over-sized ego's and so estimate their true worth out of all proportion to the real world and the actual value they really are.

Elneny
Nketiah
Clive

All demanded extortionate wages as part of any deal, of course rather than tell them their true worth their agents backed them all the way, so should the deal/s go through they also get a higher percentage of the deal.

It is Utterly Corrupt and Fuckked. :banghead: :cussing:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

I see Willian is telling anybody who will listen about his "nightmare" time at Arsenal and about how unhappy he was. Not a thought for the weary, disappointed, exasperated fans...Nope all about his misery. 220k per week (incomprehensible really), 37 appearances, one goal. Does he really think we care about his "unhappiness"???

No doubt had Xhaka left, we would have heard all about his misery as well. Always the players who give the least return for their eye watering salaries who have the most to say......

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

xisstential wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:34 pm
I see Willian is telling anybody who will listen about his "nightmare" time at Arsenal and about how unhappy he was. Not a thought for the weary, disappointed, exasperated fans...Nope all about his misery. 220k per week (incomprehensible really), 37 appearances, one goal. Does he really think we care about his "unhappiness"???

No doubt had Xhaka left, we would have heard all about his misery as well. Always the players who give the least return for their eye watering salaries who have the most to say......
Yep absolute cûnt hemorrhoid that Huff n Puff is, he can't see the problem was him being fucking shit. :roll:

Poor diddums.... :cry: so miserable coining 220k a week for doing complete fuck all.

Makes me sick to even think about him. :censored:

You are 100% bang on about Clive too. Whenever we do eventually scrape him off the arsehole of our club I can guarantee the fucking walking head injury will be in the media the next day blaming the fans for everything. :censored:

How did it get to a stage where I hate some of our own players more than I hate some scum players ffs? :oops: :x

Herd

Post by Herd »

Our business model is fucked and has been since the times of Wenger but whilst the football world outside has changed we make the same mistakes over and over and over again.
We overpay for shit players pay them money they cant get anywhere else then when we try to offload them we cant becase we try and recoup the money we laid out which is impossible and they player wont take a pay cut .
This situation has only got worse with covid as europena teams get far less TV money and most are at the point of financial ruin and are dependant on banks extending their loans to keep them afloat .
Apart from a very few top top players nobody can pay big transfer fees so the market should be depressed but we always pay top dollar yet more prudent clubs pick up players from the continent at much less ,Leicester n Southampton being two examples.
\they have great scouts ,we scaked ours and are reliant on agents ,thats a recipe for disaster .
Theres been a lot of noise that willian walked away from the contract ,anyone who beleives that should see a shrink he will get paid out less what the brasilians pay him .
Every loaned out player is in the same boat they are paid by us and the other club pays us , we lose untold millions on this every year ,we should by now see whats happening and act accordingly but no we extend xhakas contract and give him a pay rise ,a player that would command 50/60 a week everywhere else but Arsenal who was begging to leave is now unsaleble anywhere .
The players we could have sold that are english are on lower wage contracts and can play like maitland niles we keep but pay 18 million for an unknown japanese player or sell cheap like willock ,its pure madness .
Edu clealry hasnt got a scooby or is corrupt or both ,Artetas arrogance seems to grown daily with no sign of a plan and the ship sails towards the rocks without anyone capable of steering it .