ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mcdowell42

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by mcdowell42 »

NEW: @MailSport understands that #AFC believe there is still an opportunity to strike an agreement with #LCFC for Maddison, with club officials confident a package worth about £60m may get the deal done. Full story.
https://t.co/yfmuEq3naQ

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Arsenal are on the brink of signing Anderlecht’s Belgian midfielder Albert-Mboyo Sambi Lokonga for fees totalling around £18million. #AFC

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

Now Villa are bidding for ESR

No excuses for the club not signing him to a new deal.

Even the low hanging fruit such as signing a young lad to what would likely be his first major deal should be fucking easy. He is on 20k a week until 2023. Surely that can be extended by 2 years at closer to 50-60k, with the idea of topping up again if his performance warrants. He doesn't sound like a problem player looking for the 100k a week salary from the get go. And yet, the club are dragging their feet and this is encouraging bids from other clubs.

ESR, Saka, Tierney, Martinelli. These are the uncut diamonds with explosive potential to need to keep and for the long term.

They should all be given first team chances. I see no reason why Lacazette should keep getting picked ahead of Martinelli. Tierney and Saka are first team players, but give ESR the nod and vote of confidence. And if he is to be in the first team he needs a proper salary.

Im also up for keeping Willock and Nketiah. Were never going to buy our way back to the top. We are going to have to rely on some of the academy players.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:08 pm
NEW: @MailSport understands that #AFC believe there is still an opportunity to strike an agreement with #LCFC for Maddison, with club officials confident a package worth about £60m may get the deal done. Full story.
I know the media make shit up but is Maddison really that good? (Genuine question as I don’t ever watch Leicester unless it’s against Arsenal)

For £60m+ I’d want someone at least good enough to get in the England squad! :oops: :shock:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

g88ner wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:51 am
mcdowell42 wrote:
I know the media make shit up but is Maddison really that good? (Genuine question as I don’t ever watch Leicester unless it’s against Arsenal)

For £60m+ I’d want someone at least good enough to get in the England squad! :oops: :shock:
I think he's a very good player but the high price is because he's English. I'd certainly take him before a £100m rated Jack Grealish.

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

100m for Grealish is disqualifying, as is 60m for Maddison. Man United dont seem to mind playing that game, spending 80m on Harry Maguire - a glorified Richard Dunne. Money should be spent on foreign players, and the investment in British talent should be in the form of time given to the youngsters in the academy, Already had good success with Saka and EMS, Nketiah and Willock also not going too badly. Plus Pepe is better than Grealish, so is Saka.

I would rather spend 100m across 3-4 players than lump it all together to buy someone like Grealish. Although that being said, I dont think anyone is considering spenting 100m on Grealish, a 25 year old with only 15 top flight league goals to his name. Ronaldo left Man United at 23 having scored 84 goals.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:31 am
100m for Grealish is disqualifying, as is 60m for Maddison. Man United dont seem to mind playing that game, spending 80m on Harry Maguire - a glorified Richard Dunne. Money should be spent on foreign players, and the investment in British talent should be in the form of time given to the youngsters in the academy, Already had good success with Saka and EMS, Nketiah and Willock also not going too badly. Plus Pepe is better than Grealish, so is Saka.

I would rather spend 100m across 3-4 players than lump it all together to buy someone like Grealish. Although that being said, I dont think anyone is considering spenting 100m on Grealish, a 25 year old with only 15 top flight league goals to his name. Ronaldo left Man United at 23 having scored 84 goals.
Pepe is not the best player in his own house :lol:

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:07 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:04 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:53 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:59 pm
🚨 | Arsenal have agreed a deal with Lyon to sign England international striker Nikita Parris.

Its only fair we should share Arsenal ladies transfer news too .

Apologies to the women haters on here :lol: :barscarf: :box: :hmmthink: :gus:
Three complaints and I'll delete McD's fucking lame pc snowflake post. :box:

Five complaints and I'll ban him permanently. :wink:
You can't ban me, who'd keep everyone up to date with the transfer rumours,its a lost art. 8)
True. :lol: :wink:
pffft, isnt there 1850 numbers we can call for 2 quid a minutes to hear the latest gossip!

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

I'm cheaper :lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

According to @Gazzetta_it, Roma have no intention of increasing their bid for Granit Xhaka & are now looking at alternative options, with Aston Villa's Douglas Luiz high on their list.
https://t.co/truXtdlNpR

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Is that because they know he's already overpriced at £18m? :lol:

Midz

Post by Midz »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:33 am
According to @Gazzetta_it, Roma have no intention of increasing their bid for Granit Xhaka & are now looking at alternative options, with Aston Villa's Douglas Luiz high on their list.
https://t.co/truXtdlNpR
We should have snapped their hand off with the first bid (no matter what it was). Please don't let us remain stuck with this pratt.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:40 am
wilson2.0 wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:31 am

Pepe is not the best player in his own house :lol:
:lol:

Pepe wouldn't be the best player in my mother's house ffs. And she lives alone. Just her. No one else.

Better than Grealish? :coffeespit:

Grealish is diving cùnt but he is a million times the footballer Peepee could ever even hope to be. :lol: :roll:

augie

Post by augie »

g88ner wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:

I think that he is a really good player, but there are question marks over him if the alleged rumors about him falling out with Brenda Rodgers are true - allegedly heatbutted Rodgers and there is no excuse for any player to do that to the manager IMO. It was telling that he was only on bench for last few games of the season, and that includes the fa cup final

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

augie wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:33 pm
g88ner wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:

I think that he is a really good player, but there are question marks over him if the alleged rumors about him falling out with Brenda Rodgers are true - allegedly heatbutted Rodgers and there is no excuse for any player to do that to the manager IMO. It was telling that he was only on bench for last few games of the season, and that includes the fa cup final
Surely if that were true then he'd be nowhere near the squad. Particularly for the final.