ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by augie »

gooner265 wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:45 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:39 pm
gooner265 wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:32 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:51 pm
gooner265 wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:44 pm

Maybe he knows laca and Eddie will be moved on in the summer so opens the door fir him and gabi. I believe Bellerin will be moved on as well
If there are takers for Nketiah and Bellerin, then I sincerely fucking hope we don't hesitate for a minute. Lacazette is a tricky one - I think he's got better this season and at 29 is in that prime period for a striker. I guess if it meant Balogun became a regular starter there is a case for selling him, but Auba can play alongside either of them and if we sold Lacazette we would be painfully short of options up top. My beef with Balogun currently is that we don't see ANY of him in the PL (as opposed to Nketiah who was given ample chance). If the lad had been given a dozen or so games - either starting or from the bench - we wouldn't find ourselves in this situation
Laca only has a year left though so would you give him a new deal , I wouldn't. We need to learn from the past and generate some money from transfers rather than let them go on a free.
We ate looking at Lamptey apparently so hopefully spell the end for bellend, I would prefer Aarons though.

🚨 Arsenal are monitoring Tariq Lamptey, reports @FabrizioRomano. https://t.co/xKywPwbW8L
I'd probably offer him a one or two year extension, but in this day and age of super agents that probably wouldn't wash and the demand would be for a minimum of 3 years......in which case I agree. Sell him, promote Balogun who will have the benefit of Auba alongside him. As it would be Balogun's debut PL season though, we need another option up front so if Laca goes, just Auba and Balogun is insufficient
We have another option gabi , arteta said he sees him as a cf, we have been linked with the Celtic striker though, no idea how good he is ?

I've seen him a few times but I think he would be the type of player that would infuriate us - there is no doubt that he is a goalscorer, but imo there are other times that he looks disinterested or lazy. They celtic fans love him of course, but I cant make my mind up on him cos you see different sides of him in different games - maybe he is lazy cos he is playing in an uncompetitive league and he just needs a proper challenge ? Personally I still feel that we should have signed dembele from lyon before he went to ath madrid

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

gooner265 wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
gooner265 wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
gooner265 wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:44 pm

Maybe he knows laca and Eddie will be moved on in the summer so opens the door fir him and gabi. I believe Bellerin will be moved on as well
If there are takers for Nketiah and Bellerin, then I sincerely fucking hope we don't hesitate for a minute. Lacazette is a tricky one - I think he's got better this season and at 29 is in that prime period for a striker. I guess if it meant Balogun became a regular starter there is a case for selling him, but Auba can play alongside either of them and if we sold Lacazette we would be painfully short of options up top. My beef with Balogun currently is that we don't see ANY of him in the PL (as opposed to Nketiah who was given ample chance). If the lad had been given a dozen or so games - either starting or from the bench - we wouldn't find ourselves in this situation
Laca only has a year left though so would you give him a new deal , I wouldn't. We need to learn from the past and generate some money from transfers rather than let them go on a free.
We ate looking at Lamptey apparently so hopefully spell the end for bellend, I would prefer Aarons though.

🚨 Arsenal are monitoring Tariq Lamptey, reports @FabrizioRomano. https://t.co/xKywPwbW8L
I'd probably offer him a one or two year extension, but in this day and age of super agents that probably wouldn't wash and the demand would be for a minimum of 3 years......in which case I agree. Sell him, promote Balogun who will have the benefit of Auba alongside him. As it would be Balogun's debut PL season though, we need another option up front so if Laca goes, just Auba and Balogun is insufficient
We have another option gabi , arteta said he sees him as a cf, we have been linked with the Celtic striker though, no idea how good he is ?
Who is this Gabi of whom you speak? :D

The one that used to shine, but is now some sort of 5th option behind Nketiah and will probably seek his fortune elsewhere if El Beige refuses to give him any game time. You can put him in the file marked 'Saliba' mate !

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:48 am
gooner265 wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
gooner265 wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

Who is this Gabi of whom you speak? :D

The one that used to shine, but is now some sort of 5th option behind Nketiah and will probably seek his fortune elsewhere if El Beige refuses to give him any game time. You can put him in the file marked 'Saliba' mate !
Lol not a chance he will sell him , Eddie will go first or Laca , Balogun looking more promising too

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I read a rumour yesterday there may be some form of reconciliation in the wings between Arteta and Guendozi and it got me thinking.....dangerous I know :wink:

We all want shot of club foot and although I dont rate Guendozi as highly as some he is a definite upgrade, but even if this happened we still have some obvious holes in the team and squad as a whole. As much as I want rid of Arteta and an experienced Manager appointed I cannot see that happening so what are the priority areas he has to strengthen this summer bearing in mind that Wiggy is bound to set an incredibly low budget this year.

Who goes, who stays and what positions do we bring in as the highest priority........ other than the Manager :wink:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:15 pm
I read a rumour yesterday there may be some form of reconciliation in the wings between Arteta and Guendozi and it got me thinking.....dangerous I know :wink:

We all want shot of club foot and although I dont rate Guendozi as highly as some he is a definite upgrade, but even if this happened we still have some obvious holes in the team and squad as a whole. As much as I want rid of Arteta and an experienced Manager appointed I cannot see that happening so what are the priority areas he has to strengthen this summer bearing in mind that Wiggy is bound to set an incredibly low budget this year.

Who goes, who stays and what positions do we bring in as the highest priority........ other than the Manager :wink:
Definitely think selling Bellerin for £25m or £20m would mean we can get an upgrade in terms of on pitch performance for the same amount of money give or take (possibly saving a bit on wages too) so that is an easy win for me.

Xhaxa too could be sold, replaced and upgraded on very easily.

For me those are the 2 standout positions to fill.

augie

Post by augie »

StuartL wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:11 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:15 pm

Definitely think selling Bellerin for £25m or £20m would mean we can get an upgrade in terms of on pitch performance for the same amount of money give or take (possibly saving a bit on wages too) so that is an easy win for me.

Xhaxa too could be sold, replaced and upgraded on very easily.

For me those are the 2 standout positions to fill.

XHAKA. WILL. NOT. BE. SOLD

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

It's common knowledge we are buying a new right back, sadly I can't see Xhaka going. Think we will buy a partner for partey though , odegaard, RB and maybe another CB.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I'm not so sure about the RB, yes we need better options than Cedric and Chambers if Bellerin goes (to be honest they're both better than him currently) but if push comes to shove and money is limited we need some sort of backup to Tierney and if Partey is injury prone then we need another DM yet again, with the exception of a true CF we have plenty of options across the front unless there are a lot of exits (not necessarily great options but potentially they are there).

I still feel we are very weak in CM and DCM, we have options for ACM/False 10 currently but behind that we are very weak....Xhaka, Ceballos and Elneny are just not the options i want to see alongside Partey or as options to him week after week.

augie

Post by augie »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:31 am
I'm not so sure about the RB, yes we need better options than Cedric and Chambers if Bellerin goes (to be honest they're both better than him currently) but if push comes to shove and money is limited we need some sort of backup to Tierney and if Partey is injury prone then we need another DM yet again, with the exception of a true CF we have plenty of options across the front unless there are a lot of exits (not necessarily great options but potentially they are there).

I still feel we are very weak in CM and DCM, we have options for ACM/False 10 currently but behind that we are very weak....Xhaka, Ceballos and Elneny are just not the options i want to see alongside Partey or as options to him week after week.

A smart manager would play partey as the CDM cos all his attributes are more suited to that position - he is big, strong, good in the tackle and is disciplined. He is not great with the ball at his feet at times and a number 8 needs to be good on the ball, but pep's cone boy will play him as an 8 rather than drop his precious swiss/albanian turd from the 6 position :roll: :evil:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Matteo Guendouzi has ‘no future’ at Hertha Berlin, with the player now ‘conspicuous’ for his ‘theatrical appearances’. Talks about another loan to Hertha have ‘come to an end, unsurprisingly’, with the Premier League ‘certainly more appealing’ for him. [@Sport_Witness via BILD] https://t.co/7tL3S9HUax

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:40 pm
Matteo Guendouzi has ‘no future’ at Hertha Berlin, with the player now ‘conspicuous’ for his ‘theatrical appearances’. Talks about another loan to Hertha have ‘come to an end, unsurprisingly’, with the Premier League ‘certainly more appealing’ for him. [@Sport_Witness via BILD] https://t.co/7tL3S9HUax
I read during the week that we are hoping to command a fee of £25 million for him in the summer :coffeespit:

For fuck sake if we somehow manage to get £2.5 mill for the French Robbie Savage it will be an absolute miracle, Falls out with every manager he’s ever had, shocking attitude and bang fucking average.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:56 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
I read during the week that we are hoping to command a fee of £25 million for him in the summer :coffeespit:

For fuck sake if we somehow manage to get £2.5 mill for the French Robbie Savage it will be an absolute miracle, Falls out with every manager he’s ever had, shocking attitude and bang fucking average.
Yeah, I know Guendouzi and Torreira have their groupies on this forum but I’ll tell you now, we ain’t getting £25m for either of them. No club who can afford that kind of money will want to sign either of those two!

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

g88ner wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:01 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:56 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:

Yeah, I know Guendouzi and Torreira have their groupies on this forum but I’ll tell you now, we ain’t getting £25m for either of them. No club who can afford that kind of money will want to sign either of those two!
Be lucky to get that for the two combined.

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:15 pm
StuartL wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:49 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:40 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:45 pm
SydneyGooner wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 4:26 pm
To get things rolling in our very first post Wenger transfer window apparently we've signed Çağlar Söyüncü a 21 year old Turkish model that moonlights as a centre-back from SC Freiburg.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 30546.html

First post on this thread. Whatever happened to him? :lol: :lol: :banghead:
First training session Linda McCartney-Zoolander beat him with his manbag to assert catwalk dominance and he hasn't been seen since. Rumours abound he is now modelling buttplugs in Newcastle. :shock:
Just to clarify are we talking about Soyuncu or Sydney Gooner ?
:lol:

I think SG was last spotted repeatedly watching his favourite Son goal for the scum, whilst cheering wildly and giving himself a little roddaz special off the wrist. :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SydneyGooner wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:59 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:15 pm
StuartL wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:49 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:40 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:45 pm

First post on this thread. Whatever happened to him? :lol: :lol: :banghead:
First training session Linda McCartney-Zoolander beat him with his manbag to assert catwalk dominance and he hasn't been seen since. Rumours abound he is now modelling buttplugs in Newcastle. :shock:
Just to clarify are we talking about Soyuncu or Sydney Gooner ?
:lol:

I think SG was last spotted repeatedly watching his favourite Son goal for the scum, whilst cheering wildly and giving himself a little roddaz special off the wrist. :wink:
:lol: :wink: