ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Bradywasking

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Bradywasking »

SSN reporting Saliba deal is close and he wil return to Saint Etienne for a season long loan...Excuse my poor understanding of this deal , but are Arsenal paying £25m upfront. ? Have Arsenal to pay part of his wages? Surely if our budget is as limited as believed paying cash upfront for a teenager who we won't have for a year wouldn't make sense.?

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

SSN also reporting that Arsena are interested in signing Real Madrid forward Dani Ceballos on loan.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Arsenal FC. Bricking up the transfer windows since 2002.

augie

Post by augie »

Bradywasking wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:18 am
SSN also reporting that Arsena are interested in signing Real Madrid forward Dani Ceballos on loan.

He is a centre midfielder with a lot of clubs after him - we will be well down his list of priorities

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Herd wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:51 am

Read your post again mate. You presented it as fact and implied insider info ffs. :lol: :wink:
OK I Read it again and I clearly not only say I dont have proof or direct contact I name it as third hand which anyone can take it with as many grains of salt as they wish so again your just nitpicking for the sake of it ,but hey that's what you do fella.
The balance of probabilities given the massive amount of noise oozing into the Islington atmosphere,his own truculant behaviour on the pitch and his references to pussies after being subbed a final leads me to believe differently. I understand your point and I hope your right because if we can't get rid of him we don,t want him stinking the place out .
Haha who's being pedantic now? :lol: I also don't consider calling out bullshit as "nit-picking" mate. :wink:

Tbh if he sat there joking and smiling after being subbed in a final then I'd question his attitude.

Either way at this point all things considered we are better off with his salary off the payroll. But for me he will go down in our history with Fabregas as the two biggest missed opportunities to build a team around genuine world class talent and vision. A shame.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Bradywasking wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:17 am
SSN reporting Saliba deal is close and he wil return to Saint Etienne for a season long loan...Excuse my poor understanding of this deal , but are Arsenal paying £25m upfront. ? Have Arsenal to pay part of his wages? Surely if our budget is as limited as believed paying cash upfront for a teenager who we won't have for a year wouldn't make sense.?
Yeah it seems a bit of a strange one doesn't it. The media keep suggesting that the payment won't be all upfront but who knows. Tend to think we have bigger fish to fry this year than planning for the future when we can't deal with the here and now.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

From what I've read of the Saliba deal is that it will not have any impact on the transfer budget for this summer as the fee will be paid off in small amounts over a period of time, maybe 5 years if that is the length of contract he signs. A bit like the deal Liverpool signed for Keita in 2017.

Not sure I like the 3 players + £40m for Zaha. Rather Jenkinson used as a makeweight for Tierney and then sell to the highest bidder in the open market. Chambers could well get up to £30m in the current market conditions, especially if Harry Maguire is valued at £70m.
Simply, need to sell players for best money, then use it to bring in talent. We've been linked with 3 Real Madrid youngsters and I have no idea of their quality. Also, Malcom for £40m, didn't Barcelona pay around £100m for him?
The directors should go all out and try get stan to dip into his wallet and get Neymar on loan, or a short term contract, that will pay for itself in commercial income. He wants to leave PSG, Edu as technical director might help. A long shot but will put us back on the map. Although, I've just remembered Emery dropped him at PSG and ended up leaving, Oh well, another dream gone.

Herd

Post by Herd »

[/quote]

Haha who's being pedantic now? :lol: I also don't consider calling out bullshit as "nit-picking" mate. :wink:
[/quote]

Whatever ,cant be arsed to argue with you anymore.
Il agree he is the best player we have had for a very long time but to compare him with Fabregas who put in a shift week in week out is going a bit far. I've long thought we weren't good enough for him as we were when Dennis arrived but Dennis adapted as have others. Ozil has gone on the missing list more and for longer than Ronnie Biggs ! His usefulness for us was in question from the get go and hes rarely turned up and showed us that he is more than a luxury item .

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Where's the tumbleweed emoji?. :roll:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:45 pm
Where's the tumbleweed emoji?. :roll:
It got bored and fu.cked off

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

I wonder on what date this month the realization is going to set in that we aren't buying anyone and our attention can be redirected at the upcoming title challenge?/

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

xisstential wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:48 am
I wonder on what date this month the realization is going to set in that we aren't buying anyone and our attention can be redirected at the upcoming title challenge?/
Have faith mate, there's still plenty of time for the traditional 'Arsenal Trolley Dash' :barscarf: :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Herd wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:47 pm

Il agree he is the best player we have had for a very long time but to compare him with Fabregas who put in a shift week in week out is going a bit far. I've long thought we weren't good enough for him as we were when Dennis arrived but Dennis adapted as have others. Ozil has gone on the missing list more and for longer than Ronnie Biggs ! His usefulness for us was in question from the get go and hes rarely turned up and showed us that he is more than a luxury item .
The same Fabregas that refused to play if he didn't get the move he wanted to the Whores?

My point was not comparing like for like but rather we had a player in both cases of truly world class talent and vision and we asked them to play mostly with shit around them. We would have gotten more from both trophy-wise if we had built the team around them properly.

Also complete bollocks that Ozil didn't deliver from the get go mate. He set PL records for assists and chances created and only missed Henry's assist record by a vadge hair because Giroud's ability to finish dried up like a 90 year old woman's growler and shit for brains Wenger kept putting Giroud out there.

I've always agreed with the Bergkamp analogy though Ozil is not near Bergkamp's level of genius. Bergkamp looked 10 times the player with Henry and Vieira that he did with McGolderick and Selley. Ozil at Madrid set European assist records playing with world class players. I'd say if anything he has over achieved with us given the utter gash he has often had to play with at our place. :|

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:51 pm
Herd wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:47 pm

The same Fabregas that refused to play if he didn't get the move he wanted to the Whores?

My point was not comparing like for like but rather we had a player in both cases of truly world class talent and vision and we asked them to play mostly with shit around them. We would have gotten more from both trophy-wise if we had built the team around them properly.

Also complete bollocks that Ozil didn't deliver from the get go mate. He set PL records for assists and chances created and only missed Henry's assist record by a vadge hair because Giroud's ability to finish dried up like a 90 year old woman's growler and shit for brains Wenger kept putting Giroud out there.

I've always agreed with the Bergkamp analogy though Ozil is not near Bergkamp's level of genius. Bergkamp looked 10 times the player with Henry and Vieira that he did with McGolderick and Selley. Ozil at Madrid set European assist records playing with world class players. I'd say if anything he has over achieved with us given the utter gash he has often had to play with at our place. :|
Also don't be so sensitive. It's not an argument - it's a debate. :D :wink:

No rodders I said "debate" not "masturbate". Put your trolleys back on ffs. :roll:

:lol: :wink:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:16 pm
xisstential wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:48 am
Have faith mate, there's still plenty of time for the traditional 'Arsenal Trolley Dash' :barscarf: :barscarf:
We won't be doing any dashing cause we ain't got any money :|