ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Retro Gunner

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Retro Gunner »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:28 pm
Herd wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:23 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:38 am
Have we signed the Celtic lad yet?

Ah he's probably having his medical along with Higuain?
Hes got a hernia he wont pass !
Kim Kallstrom was a paraplegic and he passed 8)

:lol: :lol: Quality.

Wenger, the only manager who thought it was a good idea to sign a bloke with a broken back. Fuck me, says it all. :lol:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Red Snapper wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:42 pm
clockender1 wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:51 pm
the currant bun says we have signed Brazils Everton after Edu set up the deal at the Copa.

Arsenal docs on the way to Brazil according to FOX.

:shock:
Or is it Everton's Brazil?! If it's in the Sun it must be true.
Oh joy another forward player to address the teams blatant defensive deficiencies :rubchin: :roll: :banghead: :cussing:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

There’s a few ‘positive’ stories in the media this morning......supposedly Saliba wants to join us, not the Spuds, Tierney seems likely but we’ll dither for another week yet, Ceballos is close to signing for us (Madrid’s own paper says that), the deal for winger Everton is ‘agreed’, Alves supposedly is happy to join Arsenal....... in all honesty, if we got all of those AND a quality CB on top, which I think is what we need most, I think it will have been an ‘interesting’ window as far as purchases go and a lot more than I thought we would get/spend. Of course we are Arsenal and may get none of the above!! :roll:

But how would others feel if we did get all of those named above?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

TeeCee wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:14 am
There’s a few ‘positive’ stories in the media this morning......supposedly Saliba wants to join us, not the Spuds, Tierney seems likely but we’ll dither for another week yet, Ceballos is close to signing for us (Madrid’s own paper says that), the deal for winger Everton is ‘agreed’, Alves supposedly is happy to join Arsenal....... in all honesty, if we got all of those AND a quality CB on top, which I think is what we need most, I think it will have been an ‘interesting’ window as far as purchases go and a lot more than I thought we would get/spend. Of course we are Arsenal and may get none of the above!! :roll:

Hmmm... for me most of those possible signings don't address the major defensive problem we have.

If we sign Tierney and a decent CH to partner Sokratis then no matter who else we sign it would have been a more positive window than I imagined it would be.

However If we sign all those players but don't pick up a decent CH and Tierney then it will have been a very Wenger style window with signings that don't address the areas we need to strengthen.

I'd be whelmed and somewhat gruntled tbh. :|

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Emery now claiming “we are trying to sign some very big very expensive players” :roll:
Ever get the feeling we’ve been here before?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

goonersid wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:28 am
Emery now claiming “we are trying to sign some very big very expensive players” :roll:
Well no actually sid.

When Wenger said that with that contemptuous smirk on his face you knew he was lying.

I reckon Dick is trying to actually sign what we need as he does not have the same egomaniacal Project-led agenda that Wenger had. Unfortunately for Dick we are owned by vermin.

Herd

Post by Herd »

The management might just be Dicking Emery around.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Dick does not have a history of lying to the press. i believe him.

the club has never confirmed how much we have to spend - we just signed a brand new Adidas deal.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Unless these big, big signings involve the name Neymar, than they really are not that big a signing.

It would be interesting to see how things pan out for him as he's no doubt he's a talented player but Brazil winning the Copa, without him, and PSG willing to unload him leaves him at a point where he could fade into obscurity or do what Maradona did when he left Barcelona for Napoli, won then the UEFA Cup and league title. Wouldn't it be great if that was The Arsenal.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Nos89 wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:17 pm
Unless these big, big signings involve the name Neymar, than they really are not that big a signing.

It would be interesting to see how things pan out for him as he's no doubt he's a talented player but Brazil winning the Copa, without him, and PSG willing to unload him leaves him at a point where he could fade into obscurity or do what Maradona did when he left Barcelona for Napoli, won then the UEFA Cup and league title. Wouldn't it be great if that was The Arsenal.
How is it up there on your planet with all the other Clangers :lol:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:24 pm
goonersid wrote:
Well no actually sid.

When Wenger said that with that contemptuous smirk on his face you knew he was lying.

I reckon Dick is trying to actually sign what we need as he does not have the same egomaniacal Project-led agenda that Wenger had. Unfortunately for Dick we are owned by vermin.
Really :shock:
Strange this comes on the back of criticism of the board, followed by a statement from Kroenke Jr :rubchin:
I would say it’s exactly the same PR we had spewed out from Wenger, only this time it’s in Pigeon English!
The actual truth being the same, “yes we’re after £80 million pound players, if we can get them for half price!
Emery’s already towing the party line, I don’t doubt he would like to “sign what we need” but he knows he won’t , so he is feeding the masses the same old bullshit!

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

goonersid wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:08 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:24 pm
goonersid wrote:
Well no actually sid.

Really :shock:
Strange this comes on the back of criticism of the board, followed by a statement from Kroenke Jr :rubchin:
I would say it’s exactly the same PR we had spewed out from Wenger, only this time it’s in Pigeon English!
The actual truth being the same, “yes we’re after £80 million pound players, if we can get them for half price!
Emery’s already towing the party line, I don’t doubt he would like to “sign what we need” but he knows he won’t , so he is feeding the masses the same old bullshit!
This is proving to be a rather weird transfer window. We have £45M to spend if we stick to the infamous self sustaining thingy which buys fu.ck all these days. I can see where sid is coming from on this given the apparent scattergun approach and the zaha misdirection :roll: I refer once again to Dick's 4-3 rather than 1-0 comment...that still worries me. Nothing we can do about it though, we'll just have to wait and see.

The players that TeeCee lists is a pretty random list with only the LB being a necessary addition. Otherwise it's Brazilian kids / unknowns / a 36 year old, a RM loan signing and a kid CB who we'll loan straight back. I don't know what to make of that. Given we only have £45M then if we can get all that lot over the line then let's give it a spin. Alves for a season might just turn our own resident catwalk model into a bit of a RB so that could be a plus.

augie

Post by augie »

TeeCee wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:14 am

Myself and my eldest lad were having much the same discussion this morning - my feelings on the saliba deal are well known as is my hopes that we do get Tierney, but after that I'm not sure where I stand tbh. Alves would be a good signing on the face of it, but £200k per week for a 36 year old seems a bit much imo, and especially if he wants a 2 year deal. I would be happy with the Ceballos deal in that, IF the feeling is that we need another centre midfielder (I don't agree) at least we would be signing a quality young player without hitting our budget too much. Again I'm not sure about signing a winger unless we expect to get rid of mikki and/or lard arse iwobi, and neither seems likely to be on the way out - I will be very disappointed if reiss Nelson doesn't at least get a chance to earn himself a place in the team. That said, we all felt that the rumours linking us to zaha and Malcolm were ridiculous cos of the cost involved, so if we are to buy a winger, getting a young Brazilian international for that money seems a good deal albeit that my knowledge of him is limited. My lad told me this morning we are also being linked with some 24 year old French centre back who I have never heard of

Overall I have to say that if we got saliba, Tierney, Alves, Ceballos and the Brazilian winger I would be bordering on happy, but if we signed alderweld at £25m it would be a good (ish) window. I really can't understand why we wouldn't go in for him given our desperate need for a centre back and his relatively low cost

Of course selling some of our existing donkeys would also help boost my confidence in this transfer window

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:37 pm

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:high5: :wink:

BBC Football Gossip column:

Unai Emery insists Arsenal are working to bring in "three or four" players before the start of the new season. (Independent)

Defender Laurent Koscielny, 33, faces showdown talks and being docked pay after he refused to go on Arsenal's pre-season USA tour. (L'Equipe)

Midfielder Granit Xhaka is in pole position to replace Koscielny as the Arsenal captain. (Telegraph)