ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
gooner265

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by gooner265 »

I'd happily let Eddie go if it meant Balogun staying and signing a long term deal for 20 Million, there would be obvious add ons to that as well.
Balogun looks a far more rounded forward , stronger , holding the ball up , quick and composed finisher.

Midz

Post by Midz »

gooner265 wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:30 pm
I'd happily let Eddie go if it meant Balogun staying and signing a long term deal for 20 Million, there would be obvious add ons to that as well.
Balogun looks a far more rounded forward , stronger , holding the ball up , quick and composed finisher.
Agree with this.

On the subject of transfers and our awful business of late I think any incoming players should be on loan with an option to buy in the summer.
This would safeguard against hurling out huge wages and long contracts on duds like Pepe, Willian etc.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

gooner265 wrote:
We can only live in hope! Some strong rumours around Liverpool's interest in Balogun as well as teams from overseas. Whilst it's hard to get a full opinion on him with only Europa League appearances to date, I agree that his all round game and physicality looks much more suited to the PL than Nketiah. It doesn't surprise me that Eddie has bagged so many goals for the England U-21s as he is a decent, instinctive finisher given half a chance but I don't think he'll ever make a top PL player

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

gooner265 wrote:
I’d happily sell Nketiah regardless of what happens with Balogun. I just don’t rate Nketiah and if we can get £15-20m for him I’d say we’ve done well.

He’s only got 18 months on his contract anyway. His value will tank with each passing month.

When will we learn to sell at the right time? :?

That said, I’d be okay with him signing a new contract as his value will be protected and being English means there’s always a market.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

According to Libertad Digital, #Arsenal are ‘angry’ with Atletico over Lucas Torreira’s lack of playing time & believe the Spanish club are intentionally devaluing his potential transfer fee because a purchase option was not included in the loan deal. https://t.co/jt8CmmohKE

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal unlikely to sign Emi Buendia in January as two short-term alternatives emerge in Julian Draxler and Isco. They have also looked at Borussia Dortmund’s Julian Brandt and long term signings are more likely in the summer when Arteta can reshape his squad. [@johncrossmirror]

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Exclusive: Mesut Ozil is in negotiations with DC United.

The MLS side have offered an attractive package which will see the expansion of his M10 brand across the US.

https://t.co/8o3oQTIT3V

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Sokratis Papastathopoulos will decide soon his next destination, Genoa and Fenerbahçe have asked for the Greek centre back. Both clubs are pushing to sign him - he’s leaving Arsenal in the next weeks. 🇬🇷 #AFC #transfers @SkySport

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

According to @DiMarzio, Genoa are closing in on the signing of Sokratis. The Italians have also enquired about Mustafi. #Arsenal https://t.co/68fCTDVmdM

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Not a good look for Torreira when Diego Simeone, a guy who has a hard on for defensive minded players, doesn't trust him with game time....even after losing Partey. You'd think Torreira would be the ready made replacement to fill that void......obviously not.

Atletico are always good a good bet to to add to an acca (especially away from home) so I had been keeping an eye on them this season and saw theta he was getting fuck all minutes,

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:53 pm
Arsenal unlikely to sign Emi Buendia in January as two short-term alternatives emerge in Julian Draxler and Isco. They have also looked at Borussia Dortmund’s Julian Brandt and long term signings are more likely in the summer when Arteta can reshape his squad. [@johncrossmirror]

I dunno which is worse ....... being linked with top quality players that you know we aint never gonna get, or being linked with the likes of these players and brandt who you dont fcuking want near the club :roll: I know that isco is a good player so I aint suggesting otherwise, but I dont want to sign a player that is just using us to whip up interest around europe - we have all slated some of the players we already have who dont work hard enough or dont seem committed to the cause, so if we do sign a player on loan, can it be a loan where we have an option to buy please ?

Arteta has a good chance now to build a new team with a new team spirit built around a young core of players - signing the wrong player whose attitude isnt where it needs to be. could risk blowing that up again

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:20 am
Not a good look for Torreira when Diego Simeone, a guy who has a hard on for defensive minded players, doesn't trust him with game time....even after losing Partey. You'd think Torreira would be the ready made replacement to fill that void......obviously not.

Atletico are always good a good bet to to add to an acca (especially away from home) so I had been keeping an eye on them this season and saw theta he was getting fuck all minutes,

Tbf though rodders, have you looked at their midfielders ? Saul, koke, Llorente, carrasco and lemar are all quality players - hell even kondogbia aint getting game time and he is a quality player too imo

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Lots of stories today of Ozil joining fernabache, may have legs heres hoping , Sokratis as well. Could be a good window if we get a lot if the deadwood out and one creative addition.
Last edited by gooner265 on Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

According to @dhaspor, Mesut Ozil has agreed a three-&-a-half year contract with Fenerbahce. #Arsenal https://t.co/9l2vHEwpLZ

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:26 am
According to @dhaspor, Mesut Ozil has agreed a three-&-a-half year contract with Fenerbahce. #Arsenal https://t.co/9l2vHEwpLZ
Yes, get fucking in.....flush all the turds out :barscarf: