ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by rodders999 »

augie wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:44 am
rodders999 wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:20 am
Not a good look for Torreira when Diego Simeone, a guy who has a hard on for defensive minded players, doesn't trust him with game time....even after losing Partey. You'd think Torreira would be the ready made replacement to fill that void......obviously not.

Atletico are always good a good bet to to add to an acca (especially away from home) so I had been keeping an eye on them this season and saw theta he was getting fuck all minutes,

Tbf though rodders, have you looked at their midfielders ? Saul, koke, Llorente, carrasco and lemar are all quality players - hell even kondogbia aint getting game time and he is a quality player too imo
Yeah they're a serious outfit Augie and will piss La Liga this season if they keep their heads about them especially given the absolute state of the other two.

But with the covid apocalypse still in full flow and games coming thick and fast it's still very worrying he can't even land game time against the dross (of which there's plenty in La Liga) when the players you mention are being rested.

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:58 am
augie wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:44 am
rodders999 wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:20 am
Not a good look for Torreira when Diego Simeone, a guy who has a hard on for defensive minded players, doesn't trust him with game time....even after losing Partey. You'd think Torreira would be the ready made replacement to fill that void......obviously not.

Atletico are always good a good bet to to add to an acca (especially away from home) so I had been keeping an eye on them this season and saw theta he was getting fuck all minutes,

Tbf though rodders, have you looked at their midfielders ? Saul, koke, Llorente, carrasco and lemar are all quality players - hell even kondogbia aint getting game time and he is a quality player too imo
Yeah they're a serious outfit Augie and will piss La Liga this season if they keep their heads about them especially given the absolute state of the other two.

But with the covid apocalypse still in full flow and games coming thick and fast it's still very worrying he can't even land game time against the dross (of which there's plenty in La Liga) when the players you mention are being rested.

I looked at the line-ups in their last 2 league games and saul never even started one of those games :shock: :shock: There isnt a club in europe that wouldnt sign him in the morning if they could :shock: :shock: :shock:

Anyway back to Torreira, he started with us on fire and I felt confident that we had a real star in the making. No doubt that he dipped but I dunno if it was a result of being fcuked about by 2 managers (emery putting him in the 10 was worse than bizarre :roll: ), or if it was a case of never settling in London, but without doubt I would take him back in a heartbeat. Torreira (and indeed guendouzi) might turn out to not be the level that we want/expect in our players, but without any doubt they are far, far better than xhaka, elnenny and ceballos, and for me that is the only barometer that should matter. Neither player would cost us a penny cos they are our players, and recalling torreira alongside partey would improve us a team now and that should be the aim. If in a few months time it is decided that selling him is the best option then we can do so after we have got what we want out of him

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Its a very simple question - would you rather Xhaka and Elneny.....or Torreira and Guendouzi.

As I said before, I can pass on the details of a great clinic for anyone selecting the former

Using lack of game time at Atletico as a stick to beat him with - sometimes I just have to laugh :D :D :D

Does anyone think Xhaka and Elneny would get game time in their midfield then???

Its not 2004, or even 2008 any more. The days when we could compare ourselves to Atletico disappeared a decade ago. Our level now is Xhaka, Ceballos, Elneny, Torreira and Guendouzi......and in my opinion the best two from that bunch are out on loan and we've got the three mongs, who are all as absolutely shite as each other

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Who's using it as a stick to beat him with? The intention of him going to Ateltico was obviously to play, especially with Partey coming the other way, so for him not to be landing any minutes out there is a concern.

Simeone must have given the green light for him to join with the intention of playing him rather than just sitting his arse on the bench for the season so whether he just doesn't fancy him or something else has gone on fuck knows.

Either way he needs to get out of there in January for everyone's benefit.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:10 pm
Who's using it as a stick to beat him with? The intention of him going to Ateltico was obviously to play, especially with Partey coming the other way, so for him not to be landing any minutes out there is a concern.

Simeone must have given the green light for him to join with the intention of playing him rather than just sitting his arse on the bench for the season so whether he just doesn't fancy him or something else has gone on fuck knows.

So - would you rather have Torreira and Guendouzi.......or any combination of the 3 mongs?

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Ozil reported to only be getting £87k a week if he goes to Fenerbache, if true are we making up the rest? If not why the fuck have we been paying him £350k a week :banghead:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:13 pm
rodders999 wrote:

So - would you rather have Torreira and Guendouzi.......or any combination of the 3 mongs?
I'd have Gunnersaurus and my dead granny over them 3 c.unts :lol:

Guendouzi, christ knows what happened there, but he 100% wants to play for us and hopefully he comes back next season and does just that. I just get the feeling with Torreira that he doesn't want to be in England and would prefer to go back to Italy. I think it would be best for both parties if that were to happen this window.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:19 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

Guendouzi, christ knows what happened there, but he 100% wants to play for us and hopefully he comes back next season and does just that. I just get the feeling with Torreira that he doesn't want to be in England and would prefer to go back to Italy. I think it would be best for both parties if that were to happen this window.
I thought you were very keen on Ceballos mate :D

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

I remember reading some time ago that his girlfriendwas not happy in London . It's often the homelife that unsettles players who are away ftom home for longish periods.

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:19 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

Next summer maybe, but not this window if we dont sign someone better than the 3 prix we currently have - recall him, use him for 5 months and then sell him 8)

Btw there was a story doing the rounds (dunno if it is true or not), than simeone isnt giving him game time cos we wouldnt agree to an option to buy - if true I would understand it cos it kinda echoes how I feel about not wanting loan players playing for us unless we have a iron cast option to buy, cos loan players hearts are usually not in it cos there is no commitment

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Ozil reported to only be getting £87k a week if he goes to Fenerbache, if true are we making up the rest? If not why the fuck have we been paying him £350k a week :banghead:
Report i saw was that Arsenal agreed to pay his wages for the remaining end of contract in 6 months.....not sure about his loyalty bonus though?

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:34 pm
I thought you were very keen on Ceballos mate :D
:lol:

I'd actually like to take this opportunity to apologise to the good people of Getafe because he's not even that fucking level :banghead:

That's the one signing I'd like to see this window (apart from a back up keeper because that other lad is SHIT) - a proper number 8.

An Aaron Ramsey ++ type of player (don't lose your shit I added the ++) to sit in alongside Partey is what this team is crying out for. Let Smith Rowe develop at 10 and with the money being saved on the wage bill by offloading the scutter this window pump it into a player that can fill that positon.

Send Cabellos packing back to Madrid to free up a squad pick if need be :twisted:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

You definitely don't get good value in January Augie, especially this January of all fucking Januarys.

I suppose we could recall him, he mightn't be massively happy about it but fuck it he's still our player. We may have given him some sort of agreement of a loan for the duration of this season followed by a permanent sale in the summer which might complicate things though.

If his missus is having trouble settling I can keep her "entertained" when he off out training 8)

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Being linked to Bissouma as well now.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal have not been contacted by any club over Ozil, yet, but dialogue is ongoing with his reps as they look for a solution this month.

He's been given some time off to help try and facilitate a move, but he's back now. Latest

https://t.co/Uw8FBS6ne1