ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Nos89

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Nos89 »

The fact that no one has been moved on yet whilst a concern there will be the two weeks after the domestic transfer window shuts, the European one doesn't. Still time for lots to happen.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Herd wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:31 am
You know things are bad when Celtic supporters call us a mickey mouse club ,as happened to me yesterday ,although they did admire the cheek of a bonus payment if we get into the Champions League ,*word censored* nearly spilt his beer he was laughing so hard !
Celtic?!? Put them in the PL and they wouldn't see Europa, never mind Champions League.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

herbert wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:50 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:37 pm
herbert wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:05 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:35 pm
Seems you beat me to it Jock. :D :barscarf:
Yep a team paying top 5 wages and finishing eh :rubchin: 5th :lol:

do the math a win at home to brighton and we would have been over-achievers
as it is we are doomed captain Manwaring
Herbert, if we had won one of the many many games at the end of the season when Dick went into a wenkeresque freefall then that would have been on Dick and nothing to do with the math that condemns TOF. As it was, the fact that Dick didn't have the nous to drag us over the line when he could have easily nicked 4th, well that's on him too.

The ropey cup, a trophy, a place in history but peanuts money against securing 4th and CL money - one route would have given him the cash to spend that he needs.....the other had no monetary value. Dick finishing 4th in his first season would have reflected well on him. He made his choice and got it wrong at the end of the day so has made life more difficult for himself. Subsequently that has served to highlight the utter incompetence displayed by TOF at the end.
:lol:
Terry Neill can blame Bertie Mee ,did you spend all the money from the Afc ,Bertie said no but I let Charlie go :barscarf:

You win mate

On a positive note The youngsters were great on the tour and 2 proper kits :barscarf:
If Kronke or his advisors are reading? then a quality centre back to partner Cpt R Holding next season is a must if we want to win the league
Ah you've got me there mate :lol: I'm not quite old enough to have experienced Mee / Neil first hand, that was just before I started going but I am old enough to have done the whole Neil Out bit in the NB and Ave Rd. That and my empty seats contribution for TOF must make me one of the 'experts' in manager disposal on here :lol:

The kids did do well and hopefully Dick will give them a go. I'd rather invest time in playing our kids than a RM one....I know he looks decent but I just can't work that one out :?

augie

Post by augie »

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

I wonder if the club will have their own collection buckets on the go outside the ground on Sunday.

"Help the Arsenal's LB fund - thank you sir" :lol:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Herd wrote:
You know things are bad when Celtic supporters call us a mickey mouse club ,as happened to me yesterday ,although they did admire the cheek of a bonus payment if we get into the Champions League ,*word censored* nearly spilt his beer he was laughing so hard !
Yeah cos going through qualifying games, getting hammered in the group ( if they progress) and then dropping into the EUFA cup if they luckily come 3rd gives them bragging rights. :roll:

Two of their best players left in the last few seasons left to go to Southampton for Bergkamps sake - :lol:

We as a club are definitely and the majority of the Premier League clubs are a step up from Scottish football.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

StuartL wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:28 pm
Herd wrote:
Yeah cos going through qualifying games, getting hammered in the group ( if they progress) and then dropping into the EUFA cup if they luckily come 3rd gives them bragging rights. :roll:

Two of their best players left in the last few seasons left to go to Southampton for Bergkamps sake - :lol:

We as a club are definitely and the majority of the Premier League clubs are a step up from Scottish football.
scottish football is Shyte

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:31 pm
StuartL wrote:
Herd wrote:

I concur :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

StuartL wrote:
Herd wrote:

Is one of them the favourite to win Balon D'Or and is generally recognized as the best defender in the world now ? :roll:

Fact is we are several steps up from scottish football, but that doesnt take from the fact that they, along with every other small country with an average/shite domestic league, is still capable of producing a quality player on occasions. I think it is fair to say that most scotish people would acknowledge that their league is light years behind the english league, but the guy that herd was talking about was talking about how our club is conducting our business rather than the size and stature of our club and football - even stevie wonder can see that we are embarrassing ourselves this summer with the bids we have put in, so he is 100% correct to say that we are behaving like a mickey mouse club

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Welcome Dani,

he's taken the Number 8 shirt. i think this move will be permanent next summer - the kid is friends with Bellerin.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

clockender1 wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:35 pm

Welcome Dani,

he's taken the Number 8 shirt. i think this move will be permanent next summer - the kid is friends with Bellerin.
No option to buy apparently, so if he plays well they get him back worth a lot more and if he's a dud well no one wins.

Cheapskate signing, are we supposed to be excited by this?.

Fvck off Josh you slimey prick.

Herd

Post by Herd »

[/quote]

Hence the embarrassment !

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

StuartL wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:33 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:31 pm
StuartL wrote:
Herd wrote:

I concur :barscarf:
Scottish football is utter utter shite and unfortunately as a Londoner who spent some time living up there I speak with first hand experience.

What isn't shite is the level of support that Celtic (and Rangers) command. We'll never know (hopefully) what they could do in the PL with a few years of PL money behind them but their supporters are nuts. Plenty of us have seen their following at the testimonials of spider, Davo and TA and if my memory serves me correctly they pretty much filled the clock end midweek for spider's night. I doubt whether we would manage that for a 'friendly' up there.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:52 pm
clockender1 wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:35 pm

Welcome Dani,

No option to buy apparently, so if he plays well they get him back worth a lot more and if he's a dud well no one wins.

Cheapskate signing, are we supposed to be excited by this?.

Fvck off Josh you slimey prick.
Exactamondo... Kroenke the jnr cuntbag stated "Get Excited" - Ohhh Yeahh sure riiiight about WHAT!!!? Exactly you no mark cuntbag?

It still feels like we are penny pinching at every opportunity, we should have had the Teirney deal done and dusted Looooong Ago! But what are we doing - Embarrassing the club/Fans/ and the reputation we once had.

Get excited??? I mean If they do NOT splash the cash now and actually buy some quality players, that are NOT onloan, that are NOT going back to their club for a year...then we will know 1,000% he is the lying, spineless, two-faced CUNTBag we already believe him (and his wig wearing father) to be.

I Would LOVE for them to prove us all Wrong, but .. but .. well you know the rest .. :cry: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: