ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by augie »

Not that it makes the rumour any more credible or anything, but the rumour that we are going to recall guendouzi seems to be getting a bit more traction in the last few days :o Personally, as much as I would like to see it happen, I just dont see it happening if I'm honest, and it would baffle me if it did happen - arteta and guendouzi dont have any kind of working relationship, plus it doesnt seem like arteta rates guendouzi either, so unless he is recalling to sell him why would he bother bringing him back ?? :? For sure he is no PV4, but for damn sure he is better than 90% of our current midfielders - in an ideal world arteta would be recalling him cos he recognised how shit the current options are, plus he has also realised that his best chance of being successful is to go with younger hungry players, but this aint no fairy tale so I just cant see it happening tbh

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Eddie should be fucked off ASAP. He’ll never be a top player. 12-15m will do nicely. Balogun on the other hand has potential and should definitely be given a chance at Arsenal, especially if Martinelli ends up being out for a few more months :?

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Sokratis would seem more convinced by the proposal received from Real Betis, where he would be reunited with Marc Bartra his former Dortmund teammate. There is a meeting tomorrow between Sokratis's entourage and the Betis management. [@DiMarzio]

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Another fine Kroenke transfer window brewing by the sounds of things. The usual bullshit 'warchest' and 'backing the manager' rumours before it opens, with the attention swiftly turning to 'trimming down the current squad once it starts'.

Don't get me wrong - I'd personally drive Kolasinac, Mustafi and several other duffers to their desired location but if we don't get a proper RB and attacking midfielder we're fucked. I was calling for Smith Rowe weeks ago and the boy is a great talent, but he can't be the sole number 10 in the squad if we're serious about getting back up the table....and he sure as hell won't be recalling Ozil

As for Ballerina and Cedric, I doubt any other PL club has a bigger pair of duds at right back than that pair of c.unts

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Add in a 2nd choice GK as well, we're funked if leno gets injured

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Sokratis has several offers from European teams & will leave Arsenal this month, with his decision expected next week. [@ChrisWheatley_] #afc

Midz

Post by Midz »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:44 pm

As for Ballerina and Cedric, I doubt any other PL club has a bigger pair of duds at right back than that pair of c.unts
I doubt any other club in any division has a bigger pair of duds in that position!

Midz

Post by Midz »

There's only one transfer that would benefit us properly and that's Emiliano Buendia from Norwich.
By all means get rid of as many deadwoods as possible but don't waste any more money on has beens or rejects from other teams.

augie

Post by augie »

Midz wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:41 pm
There's only one transfer that would benefit us properly and that's Emiliano Buendia from Norwich.
By all means get rid of as many deadwoods as possible but don't waste any more money on has beens or rejects from other teams.

In an ideal world we recall guendouzi, sell nketieh and one or two midfielders (xhaka unlikely so I will say pillock and elneny), and then use the raised funds to buy Aouar - you would have a midfield with partey and aouar with smith-rowe in front of them, and guendouzi as your back up centre midfielder 8)
Unless I am mistaken, the norwich guy plays in smith-rowe's position and we need someone alongside partey imo

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Rob Holding has signed a new deal with Arsenal! [@TheAthleticUK]

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:42 am
Rob Holding has signed a new deal with Arsenal! [@TheAthleticUK]

Seems a nice guy that is always committed to the cause, but lets be honest, he should be a back up player and not a starter. Last summer I made the argument that re-signing luiz to a one year contract made financial sense, and this is another deal that falls into that bracket imo - we havent the funds to go out and buy a shit load of players in the summer, so we should prioritise a few positions (right back and centre mid alongside partey), and then keep players like holding on a back up basis

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

- Arteta says Martinelli will have a scan today, tested "a little bit better" yesterday.
- Club "assessing" GK situation
- Partey expected to be available on Thursday
- Arteta doesn't expect Nketiah to move on
- Holding announcement soon

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

According to @David_Ornstein, #Arsenal are actively looking to send Alex Runarsson out on loan this month if they can bring in a new backup goalkeeper for Bernd Leno. https://t.co/jYiiC5aHUt

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

'Guardian transfer guru @FabrizioRomano claims the Premier League side have already been in contact with Buendia's representative and an official bid is in the pipeline.'

https://t.co/I3IDKvfCdE

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:11 am
According to @David_Ornstein, #Arsenal are actively looking to send Alex Runarsson out on loan this month if they can bring in a new backup goalkeeper for Bernd Leno. https://t.co/jYiiC5aHUt
Thats gonna be difficult, the pig and whistle aren't able to play at the moment :lol: