ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by OneBardGooner »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:29 pm
augie wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:51 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:30 pm
According to @SPORT1, Eintracht Frankfurt are one of the main contenders to sign Mustafi on a free transfer next summer. https://t.co/exHokZjpTZ

Give us £10 and they can have him now 8)
There's no need to rob the poor fuckers

:lol: :high5:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

At 19, William Saliba is still a center-back with a great future, but they tell me that having lost his parents in a short space of time has been able to affect him emotionally and that is why he may be having a hard time adapting to the @Arsenal.

Via @Kike_Marin_

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:52 am
At 19, William Saliba is still a center-back with a great future, but they tell me that having lost his parents in a short space of time has been able to affect him emotionally and that is why he may be having a hard time adapting to the @Arsenal.

Via @Kike_Marin_

Both his parents ?? I thought that he lost one of them this year ?? :?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

augie wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:18 am
mcdowell42 wrote:

Via @Kike_Marin_
To lose one parent can be devastating for some, depending on how close they are/were etc. Also we all as individuals tend to be closer to either the mother or father....

No matter the person's age when a parent dies (if they've had a good relationship) it can be terribly traumatic.

I'm sure AFC have brought in their Counselling Team etc.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

He played for the u21 team against Gillingham the other night.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Clummo99 wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:29 am
I would have thought that keeping him close to The Arsenal bosom, would be best all round rather than a loan.

Get him involved in training and the team banter - we have plenty of French speaking players here, players of his own age, the club can keep a close eye on him - far better than a loan out to Watford or Fulham or whoever, where he will probably know nobody and start from scratch again.

If we can trim the squad by January -Mustafi, Kolosinac, Chambers, will give him some first team action, if not then the u21’s.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

StuartL wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:46 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:29 am
I would have thought that keeping him close to The Arsenal bosom, would be best all round rather than a loan.

Get him involved in training and the team banter - we have plenty of French speaking players here, players of his own age, the club can keep a close eye on him - far better than a loan out to Watford or Fulham or whoever, where he will probably know nobody and start from scratch again.

If we can trim the squad by January -Mustafi, Kolosinac, Chambers, will give him some first team action, if not then the u21’s.

This season the league is pretty much a write off now anyway :roll: :banghead:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

I agree. Speaking purely on a personal level and not just football if he's struggling emotionally or whatever then a bit of stability has to be a good thing rather than shunting him out on loan to live in a hotel or digs surely.

augie

Post by augie »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:24 am
augie wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:

Via @Kike_Marin_
To lose one parent can be devastating for some, depending on how close they are/were etc. Also we all as individuals tend to be closer to either the mother or father....

No matter the person's age when a parent dies (if they've had a good relationship) it can be terribly traumatic.

I'm not doubting any of that but was just wondering if he lost one or both of his parents this year ?

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Kike Marin] 19-year-old William Saliba recently "lost his parents in a short space of time." Parents, plural.
twitter.com/Kike_M...
A sus 19 años, William Saliba sigue siendo un central con mucho futuro, pero me cuentan que haber perdido a sus padres en un corto espacio de tiempo le ha podido afectar anímicamente y por eso quizás le esté costando adaptarse al @Arsenal
Mikel Arteta acabará contando con él.

Google translate t the age of 19, William Saliba is still a center with a great future, but they tell me that having lost his parents in a short space of time may have affected him emotionally and that is why it may be difficult for him to adapt to @Arsenal
Mikel Arteta will end up counting on him.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

augie wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:39 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:24 am
augie wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:

Via @Kike_Marin_

I'm not doubting any of that but was just wondering if he lost one or both of his parents this year ?

I honestly don't know if it was his Mother or Father or both, But his former team mate & co defender Fofana at Leicester is proving to be a real find.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Sad to read that about Saliba - what i would say though is that enjoying your work is an enormous benefit when something like that has happened in your life. Playing for the stiffs and not feeling part of it all must make the sense of isolation even worse I would think

augie

Post by augie »

I have looked for confirmation about this story of him losing BOTH of his parents, and all I can find is a small number of pieces all of which track back to that one article from the spanish journalist - surely if he had lost both of his parents there would be several pieces/sources of it ? :?

Midz

Post by Midz »

Funniest thing I've read all week...

https://www.givemesport.com/1617930-bar ... utoplay=on

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I’ve had a look round quite a few French sites and the consensus is, Marin’s post was bullshit. Saliba lost his mum but no-one has heard of his dad dying.