ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by augie »

A11M11 wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:31 pm
The bit you chose to highlight was the opinion of the journalist not anyone associated with the team. He needs to be cooled down to contribute as a team member but so far he has had 5 managers to our knowledge who appear to have has problems with him 6 if you include Freddie with the latest being Hertha 's . It's not a good look but maybe the birth of his child later this year might have an effect or maybe not.

And maybe the rough edges in him will never be sorted out and he will always be in trouble, but my point has always been that he was 19 years of edge and came to the club as a french second division player, and that he needed/needs more patience shown to him at this stage of his career than pep's water boy showed him

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

augie wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:08 pm
A11M11 wrote:
The bit you chose to highlight was the opinion of the journalist not anyone associated with the team. He needs to be cooled down to contribute as a team member but so far he has had 5 managers to our knowledge who appear to have has problems with him 6 if you include Freddie with the latest being Hertha 's . It's not a good look but maybe the birth of his child later this year might have an effect or maybe not.

And maybe the rough edges in him will never be sorted out and he will always be in trouble, but my point has always been that he was 19 years of edge and came to the club as a french second division player, and that he needed/needs more patience shown to him at this stage of his career than pep's water boy showed him
As i said to SteveO on the other thread there is no way that Arteta would be able to manage Guendozi, he just doesn't have the ability, experience or knowledge and by extension the patience to do so, so potentially by keeping him around you have a troublesome player who Legohead can't manage. The solution remains the same one of them has to go and under this ownership it is always going to be the player.

Guendozi needs to grow up fast and develop/mature not just as a player but as a man by all accounts, i genuinely cant see that happening with us under Arteta which might cause even more problems within the squad than we currently have.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Only one request for the next transfer window, please can Arsenal stop signing players who participated in any capacity, during the 2014 world cup semi-final between Brazil and Germany. They are no longer any good.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

SydneyGooner wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 4:26 pm
To get things rolling in our very first post Wenger transfer window apparently we've signed Çağlar Söyüncü a 21 year old Turkish model that moonlights as a centre-back from SC Freiburg.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 30546.html
Freiburg defender Çağlar Söyüncü will join Arsenal, according to Altınordu chairman Seyit Mehmet Özkan: "Arsenal demanded his youth information from us. We'll earn from him if he joins Arsenal. Bayern Munich wants him too but he's on the way to the Premier League."
First post on this thread. Whatever happened to him? :lol: :lol: :banghead:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nos89 wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:45 pm
SydneyGooner wrote:
To get things rolling in our very first post Wenger transfer window apparently we've signed Çağlar Söyüncü a 21 year old Turkish model that moonlights as a centre-back from SC Freiburg.

Freiburg defender Çağlar Söyüncü will join Arsenal, according to Altınordu chairman Seyit Mehmet Özkan: "Arsenal demanded his youth information from us. We'll earn from him if he joins Arsenal. Bayern Munich wants him too but he's on the way to the Premier League."
First training session Linda McCartney-Zoolander beat him with his manbag to assert catwalk dominance and he hasn't been seen since. Rumours abound he is now modelling buttplugs in Newcastle. :shock:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

augie wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:08 pm
A11M11 wrote:
Agreed. I think Arteta made a mess of that one. It’s one thing stamping your authority on a squad but surely it could have been handled better? we’ve lost a talented young player and tanked his transfer value as well. Lose lose.

We’ll probably never find out what Guendouzi did or said that resulted in him getting banished but it’s a shame. It clearly wasn’t as simple as him taunting Maupay though.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:40 pm
Nos89 wrote:
SydneyGooner wrote:

First training session Linda McCartney-Zoolander beat him with his manbag to assert catwalk dominance and he hasn't been seen since. Rumours abound he is now modelling buttplugs in Newcastle. :shock:
Just to clarify are we talking about Soyuncu or Sydney Gooner ?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

StuartL wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:49 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:40 pm
Nos89 wrote:
SydneyGooner wrote:

Just to clarify are we talking about Soyuncu or Sydney Gooner ?
:lol:

I think SG was last spotted repeatedly watching his favourite Son goal for the scum, whilst cheering wildly and giving himself a little roddaz special off the wrist. :wink:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Arteta again today saying he’s confident Balugun will stay and that the player is really keen to stay :?

It’s March; surely Arteta is bullshitting us?

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

g88ner wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:05 am
Arteta again today saying he’s confident Balugun will stay and that the player is really keen to stay :?

Maybe he knows laca and Eddie will be moved on in the summer so opens the door fir him and gabi. I believe Bellerin will be moved on as well

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

gooner265 wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:44 pm
g88ner wrote:

Maybe he knows laca and Eddie will be moved on in the summer so opens the door fir him and gabi. I believe Bellerin will be moved on as well
If there are takers for Nketiah and Bellerin, then I sincerely fucking hope we don't hesitate for a minute. Lacazette is a tricky one - I think he's got better this season and at 29 is in that prime period for a striker. I guess if it meant Balogun became a regular starter there is a case for selling him, but Auba can play alongside either of them and if we sold Lacazette we would be painfully short of options up top. My beef with Balogun currently is that we don't see ANY of him in the PL (as opposed to Nketiah who was given ample chance). If the lad had been given a dozen or so games - either starting or from the bench - we wouldn't find ourselves in this situation

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:51 pm
gooner265 wrote:
g88ner wrote:

If there are takers for Nketiah and Bellerin, then I sincerely fucking hope we don't hesitate for a minute. Lacazette is a tricky one - I think he's got better this season and at 29 is in that prime period for a striker. I guess if it meant Balogun became a regular starter there is a case for selling him, but Auba can play alongside either of them and if we sold Lacazette we would be painfully short of options up top. My beef with Balogun currently is that we don't see ANY of him in the PL (as opposed to Nketiah who was given ample chance). If the lad had been given a dozen or so games - either starting or from the bench - we wouldn't find ourselves in this situation
Laca only has a year left though so would you give him a new deal , I wouldn't. We need to learn from the past and generate some money from transfers rather than let them go on a free.
We ate looking at Lamptey apparently so hopefully spell the end for bellend, I would prefer Aarons though.

🚨 Arsenal are monitoring Tariq Lamptey, reports @FabrizioRomano. https://t.co/xKywPwbW8L

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

gooner265 wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:32 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
gooner265 wrote:
g88ner wrote:

Laca only has a year left though so would you give him a new deal , I wouldn't. We need to learn from the past and generate some money from transfers rather than let them go on a free.
We ate looking at Lamptey apparently so hopefully spell the end for bellend, I would prefer Aarons though.

🚨 Arsenal are monitoring Tariq Lamptey, reports @FabrizioRomano. https://t.co/xKywPwbW8L
I'd probably offer him a one or two year extension, but in this day and age of super agents that probably wouldn't wash and the demand would be for a minimum of 3 years......in which case I agree. Sell him, promote Balogun who will have the benefit of Auba alongside him. As it would be Balogun's debut PL season though, we need another option up front so if Laca goes, just Auba and Balogun is insufficient

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Rumour has it that Balogun's agent Emeke Obasi of the Elite Project group ( https://www.eliteprojectgroup.co.uk/ ) wants a similar deal from Arsenal for all of his charges including Balogun , Nelson , Nketiah and Saka .
Also having Dinzeyi who is in the academy and Iwobi and Akpom on his books it could be argued that he spends too much time at Hale End.
Balogun though is still an unproven entity and despite having scored in his 10 minute cameo against Molde has singularly failed to score in his last three under 23 games against Spurs , Chelsea and Manchester United .
We should not forget that Nketiah did similar against Norwich albeit twice before his loan to Leeds.
I am not sure that I would be ready to hang my hat on Balogun quite yet or Nketiah for that matter .
If we are picking the youngsters on how they are performing in training I would prefer to use Martinelli who i agree that I want to see a lot more of if he is over his injuries of course.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:39 pm
gooner265 wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:32 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
gooner265 wrote:
g88ner wrote:

I'd probably offer him a one or two year extension, but in this day and age of super agents that probably wouldn't wash and the demand would be for a minimum of 3 years......in which case I agree. Sell him, promote Balogun who will have the benefit of Auba alongside him. As it would be Balogun's debut PL season though, we need another option up front so if Laca goes, just Auba and Balogun is insufficient
We have another option gabi , arteta said he sees him as a cf, we have been linked with the Celtic striker though, no idea how good he is ?