ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Post Reply
User avatar
OneBardGooner
Posts: 30284
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:41 am
Location: Dark Side Of The Mood

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by OneBardGooner »

augie wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:15 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:01 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:38 am
A11M11 wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:40 am
Got fuck all to do with game time I'm sure, he's 19, how much does he expect.

More like fill yer boots time for his Fagin like agents , just take a look at their list of clients.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/elite-p ... 5620/plus/
Agreed. Any 19 year old that is allegedly "demanding" game time needs a fucking slap. This stinks of his parasite - oops, agent - looking for the first of many paydays. Anelka, anyone? :roll:
Yeah! Agreed 1,000% - Either he is being manipulated by his agent or If he is throwing his toys out of the pram Pogba style - Sell him the fuckk straight away - Egoistic little twattt. :box:



Thing is though lads, if you are stuck behind players of genuine quality then you would be less inclined to "demand" playing time - this guy is behind some average players and arteta doesnt even pick him in the squad for most games, so if he was happy about that at 19 years of age, then it would be a poor reflection on the kid and we would question his hunger.
For me this is another situation where arteta is showing his inexperience - if this kid is as good as many of you say he is, then the last thing arteta should want is to lose him, so selling nketieh now would be (in my opinion) a positive nod to the kid saying that he has faith in him and will be giving him more game time. To me it is identical to the saliba situation where arteta is keeping mustafi (and nketieh) and losing saliba (and Balogun) by making the wrong players feel important
100% Agree. :high5:

User avatar
GoonerMuzz
Posts: 4668
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:53 pm
Location: Defending is optional

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Interesting logic when both the players being touted as the next greatest thing have made 0 PL starts for us. Saliba was left on loan for the first year of his contract and hasn't been anywhere near the first team for whatever reason and Balogun has made such an impression he's played 4 times above under 23s. By all means they may be the next best thing but i tend to need to see the players actually play rather than listen to joutnalistic hearsay on one player and in the main under 23s reports for the other.

Either or both could be the next Gnabry, but equally they could be the next Asano, but one thing's for sure until they play and perform to the required level then unlike some i'll withold judgement rather than use them as an easy, unsubstantiated excuse to beat Pep's Cone Boy with because there are already plenty of genuine reasons to give him shit :roll:

User avatar
augie
Posts: 26913
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by augie »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:26 pm
Interesting logic when both the players being touted as the next greatest thing have made 0 PL starts for us. Saliba was left on loan for the first year of his contract and hasn't been anywhere near the first team for whatever reason and Balogun has made such an impression he's played 4 times above under 23s. By all means they may be the next best thing but i tend to need to see the players actually play rather than listen to joutnalistic hearsay on one player and in the main under 23s reports for the other.

Either or both could be the next Gnabry, but equally they could be the next Asano, but one thing's for sure until they play and perform to the required level then unlike some i'll withold judgement rather than use them as an easy, unsubstantiated excuse to beat Pep's Cone Boy with because there are already plenty of genuine reasons to give him shit :roll:




That I agree with 100% and I quantified my comment by saying that "if balogun is as good as many of you say he is" cos I really havent seen enough of him. The thing about it though is that I HAVE SEEN ENOUGH of mustafi and nketieh and pillock to know that they are not good enough, and my mantra has always been that if a player isnt good enough then we should get rid - that isnt me saying that saliba and balogun are good enough, but lets play them and find out, and if they too arent good enough then fcuk them out too, cos sticking with duds isnt gonna make the duds any better either

User avatar
Nos89
Posts: 3706
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:44 am

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Nos89 »

Oh great mustafi is staying, that means ozil is staying. No doubt on 30 June they'll walk out hand in hand.

Think we need to sell a couple kids to raise more funds eddie for about £20m, and Nelson for the same should do the trick. Despite his awful display against palace, AMN certainly isn't a LB, give him a chance in midfield where he's put in a couple of decent performances in the Europa league.

User avatar
IW8Goalmachine
Posts: 2947
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:15 am
Location: Galway

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Ozil very close to be gone :barscarf:

User avatar
GoonerMuzz
Posts: 4668
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:53 pm
Location: Defending is optional

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by GoonerMuzz »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:17 am
Ozil very close to be gone :barscarf:
I'm a natural cynic so I'll believe it when I see him in someone else strip for the cameras and even then I'll be dubious :rubchin:

Going back to Balogun for a sec, I'm interested to know why he wasnt sent out on loan this season, if he is so good and by all accounts from his academy reports and the few games I've seen him play he has potential then if your'e not going to play him or give him first team opportunities, loan him..... they and I mean the whole football management team not just Arteta were quick enough to loan out Saliba....

A11M11
Posts: 1466
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:07 am

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by A11M11 »

Just maybe Saliba wanted a loan but Balogun didn't . With all negotiations it takes many sides to reach agreement . If Balogun doesn't fancy a few weeks in Wigan and decides to see out his contract in London then so be it.

User avatar
GoonerMuzz
Posts: 4668
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:53 pm
Location: Defending is optional

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by GoonerMuzz »

A11M11 wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:59 am
Just maybe Saliba wanted a loan but Balogun didn't . With all negotiations it takes many sides to reach agreement . If Balogun doesn't fancy a few weeks in Wigan and decides to see out his contract in London then so be it.
Then i would seriously question his attitude if that is the case, surely as a young up and coming professional then getting game time is paramount as you develop your career even if it means championship football. That has to be better than not even warming your arse on Arteta's bench, if you've already decided you are going to leave then push for a loan to show others what you can do and improve your profile.

User avatar
mcdowell42
Posts: 13739
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:19 pm
Location: ireland

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by mcdowell42 »

According to @FabrizioRomano, #Arsenal are planning to sell Sokratis in the coming days, & then they will work on new signings. They have contacted Buendia's agent but as of today have not made an offer for the player. https://t.co/zBHkkEzBVn

User avatar
SteveO 35
Posts: 18271
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 7:01 pm
Location: Abou's fan club

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by SteveO 35 »

If we don't sign a creative midfielder in this window, then honestly the owners and management of the club deserve everything coming their way i.e. a lower half finish. ESR can't do it in every single game.

If we don't sign a RB either (and we won't because like the Swiss Mong, every AFC manager seems to inexplicably worship the Ballerina) we won't make the European places

Simple as.

User avatar
Non flying Dutchman
Posts: 354
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:55 am
Location: Essex, White socks only

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Non flying Dutchman »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:12 pm
If we don't sign a creative midfielder in this window, then honestly the owners and management of the club deserve everything coming their way i.e. a lower half finish. ESR can't do it in every single game.

If we don't sign a RB either (and we won't because like the Swiss Mong, every AFC manager seems to inexplicably worship the Ballerina) we won't make the European places

Simple as.
We just let a No.10 go for free

User avatar
OneBardGooner
Posts: 30284
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:41 am
Location: Dark Side Of The Mood

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by OneBardGooner »

Non flying Dutchman wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:48 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:12 pm
If we don't sign a creative midfielder in this window, then honestly the owners and management of the club deserve everything coming their way i.e. a lower half finish. ESR can't do it in every single game.

If we don't sign a RB either (and we won't because like the Swiss Mong, every AFC manager seems to inexplicably worship the Ballerina) we won't make the European places

Simple as.
We just let a No.10 go for free

No mate that No 10 cost us an absolute effin Fortune. :?

User avatar
Non flying Dutchman
Posts: 354
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:55 am
Location: Essex, White socks only

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Non flying Dutchman »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:54 pm
Non flying Dutchman wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:48 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:12 pm
If we don't sign a creative midfielder in this window, then honestly the owners and management of the club deserve everything coming their way i.e. a lower half finish. ESR can't do it in every single game.

If we don't sign a RB either (and we won't because like the Swiss Mong, every AFC manager seems to inexplicably worship the Ballerina) we won't make the European places

Simple as.
We just let a No.10 go for free

No mate that No 10 cost us an absolute effin Fortune. :?
Better than spending zillions on players from Brighton and Norwich though

User avatar
IW8Goalmachine
Posts: 2947
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:15 am
Location: Galway

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Non flying Dutchman wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:07 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:54 pm
Non flying Dutchman wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:48 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:12 pm
If we don't sign a creative midfielder in this window, then honestly the owners and management of the club deserve everything coming their way i.e. a lower half finish. ESR can't do it in every single game.

If we don't sign a RB either (and we won't because like the Swiss Mong, every AFC manager seems to inexplicably worship the Ballerina) we won't make the European places

Simple as.
We just let a No.10 go for free

No mate that No 10 cost us an absolute effin Fortune. :?
Better than spending zillions on players from Brighton and Norwich though
That number 10 wasn't arsed for years

User avatar
SteveO 35
Posts: 18271
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 7:01 pm
Location: Abou's fan club

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by SteveO 35 »

Non flying Dutchman wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:48 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:12 pm
If we don't sign a creative midfielder in this window, then honestly the owners and management of the club deserve everything coming their way i.e. a lower half finish. ESR can't do it in every single game.

If we don't sign a RB either (and we won't because like the Swiss Mong, every AFC manager seems to inexplicably worship the Ballerina) we won't make the European places

Simple as.
We just let a No.10 go for free
Probably manage to shift Sokratis out on loan too - that'll be it. The only possible transfer I see is paying more than double the value of the bloke from Norwich 2 mins before the deadline because we've fucked about all month again. He'll probably get injured by mid-February

Post Reply