ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
GoonerMuzz

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by GoonerMuzz »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:32 am
Non flying Dutchman wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:48 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:12 pm
If we don't sign a creative midfielder in this window, then honestly the owners and management of the club deserve everything coming their way i.e. a lower half finish. ESR can't do it in every single game.

If we don't sign a RB either (and we won't because like the Swiss Mong, every AFC manager seems to inexplicably worship the Ballerina) we won't make the European places

Simple as.
We just let a No.10 go for free
Probably manage to shift Sokratis out on loan too - that'll be it. The only possible transfer I see is paying more than double the value of the bloke from Norwich 2 mins before the deadline because we've fucked about all month again. He'll probably get injured by mid-February
No he'll probably warm his arse on the bench whilst Xhaka, Ceballos and Elneny get started ahead of hIm :rubchin:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

I don't understand the fuss over needing a n.10 all of sudden. The team isn't set up to cater for a no.10. It hasn't been since DB10 retired. Ozil was usually used by wenger as part of a front 3. Emery dispensed with this an utilised a front 2. Arteta uses a front 3/4. We need a midfield runner.
The game against palace pointed that there was no point having ESR on the pitch as the ball rarely came through the middle. Let's get rid of a few before we think of bringing anyone in. Partey hasn't settlled in yet. If anything, I'd try Pepe in the AM role.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I said all last summer that I was amazed that city didn’t come in for Auba. They’re just a top quality striker away from pissing this league and having a serious rattle off Europe and he’d be the perfect fit for them.

60/70 million is fucking pittance to them and even though he’s not firing like we know he can this season I’m still surprised they haven’t made a cheeky bid this window. If their plan is to see out the season with Augero and Jesus then I reckon they’ll miss out on the big prizes because they don’t have a difference maker in the final third.

I still reckon he’ll come good for us this season and come back to his best and really wouldn’t like to see him go but if they offered 70 this window it would be impossible to turn down and reinvest it in 2 additions with a younger age profile.

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:40 pm
I said all last summer that I was amazed that city didn’t come in for Auba. They’re just a top quality striker away from pissing this league and having a serious rattle off Europe and he’d be the perfect fit for them.

60/70 million is fucking pittance to them and even though he’s not firing like we know he can this season I’m still surprised they haven’t made a cheeky bid this window. If their plan is to see out the season with Augero and Jesus then I reckon they’ll miss out on the big prizes because they don’t have a difference maker in the final third.

I still reckon he’ll come good for us this season and come back to his best and really wouldn’t like to see him go but if they offered 70 this window it would be impossible to turn down and reinvest it in 2 additions with a younger age profile.

£70m for a player at his age that is so out of form he shouldnt be in our first 11 ? Are you on the beer buddy ??? I'd settle for half that and move on

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nos89 wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:33 pm
I don't understand the fuss over needing a n.10 all of sudden. The team isn't set up to cater for a no.10. It hasn't been since DB10 retired. Ozil was usually used by wenger as part of a front 3. Emery dispensed with this an utilised a front 2. Arteta uses a front 3/4. We need a midfield runner.
The game against palace pointed that there was no point having ESR on the pitch as the ball rarely came through the middle. Let's get rid of a few before we think of bringing anyone in. Partey hasn't settlled in yet. If anything, I'd try Pepe in the AM role.
Absolutely disagree mate. We have enough runners. Pillock can run. Maitland-Bendtner can run. Hleballos can run. Nelson can run. Peepee can run. What none of them can do is pass a ball. We need a creator in the middle.

The term "Number 10" is almost a cliche phrase, a trope, nowadays, that is used to describe an attacking creator. And that is exactly what we need. We don't have a striker to allow us play with fullbacks getting to the touchline and whipping in crosses. Fuck - we only have one FB that can cross, and no one that can head in the middle!

We have two strikers that are better with the ball to feet. We need an AM that can consistently provide that ball. Hopefully Smith-Rowe is that AM but it is way too early in his career to launch him in there - or to rely on him yet.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

The Mail say #Arsenal have made initial moves for Manor Solomon - entering into preliminary discussions with the player's entourage after scouting him heavily over the last year. https://t.co/lTmdfOklTt

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

augie wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:54 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:40 pm

£70m for a player at his age that is so out of form he shouldnt be in our first 11 ? Are you on the beer buddy ??? I'd settle for half that and move on
Augie you got to look at his record over the last 10 years not just the last 6 months man. The guy has always been a goal scoring machine and will be again of that I’m absolutely certain and I’ll argue all day with anyone on here who says otherwise.

70 million quid for a proven goal scorer with 3 and a half years left on his contact you better believe I’m serious.

(Yes I have been drinking).

Is this more puerile shite from Roddaz? I’m on somewhat of a roll apparently.

augie

Post by augie »

Rodders I am not doubting that he will come back to form, but you gotta factor in the man's age and there is no way a guy that age will get £35m imo

wibble

Post by wibble »

Just think, if we did get £70m for auba we could nearly afford another Pepe!

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Augster he's 31 years old, hardly on the scrap heap, and would score shit loads of goals for City. 60/70 million quid to have a real chance at winning that elusive CL that the Arabs crave not to mention making them red hot favourites for the league? Fucking bargain!

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Quite honestly, if City offered 40m for PEA at the moment I would be very very tempted! :rubchin:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

TeeCee wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:44 pm
Quite honestly, if City offered 40m for PEA at the moment I would be very very tempted! :rubchin:
Are they really going to sleep walk through this window without adding an addition to that forward line? Criminal by Pep if they do and even though the look to be in pole position to win the league they will fall short if they are going to rely on Augero and Jesus for the rest of the season and can kiss goodbye to any hope of winning the CL.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

wibble wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:12 am
Or two Granit Xhaka's

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:38 pm
wibble wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:12 am
Or two Granit Xhaka's

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Or two mustafi's :barscarf: :barscarf: :banghead: :banghead:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Oh yeah let's sell our best forward because he's having a dip in form.

If we did actually get 70 mil do you think that all that would be invested back into the team :lol: :lol: