OZIL - Merged Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Jock Gooner

Re: OZIL No shows, Injury, illness ??

Post by Jock Gooner »

GTG wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:30 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:42 am
Under Emery, Ozil will be the Player of the Year, breaking the 20 assist mark for the season.
It's his first new manager for 5 years at club and international level, and he has a lot of haters to prove wrong.
But does he have the desire to do it? He's been on easy street at this club and it showed at the WC too.

You can throw all the stats you want at me but what i'll never accept from any player at Arsenal is someone walking around like he doesn't give a toss. I dont care whether his stats match up to anyone.... he's capable of more if he put more effort in.

I get that he must be frustrated with whats around him at times but the best players either drag the team along with them or basically make you look at it and go "well theres not much more he can do... its the shit around him"

Did anyone honestly feel like that about last season?

I'd like to see him moved on personally.

I'm sorry but the French twat has to carry a lot of the blame for the Ozil saga. The whole team had become bogged down in the slow sideways and back again dross that the French twat loved to dish up. If Dick is going to have the debut year he is after then he will quicken up the attack and make use of Aubameyang's pace and Ozil has a very important role to play in making that work. If we were fed up with wengerball then some of the players must have felt the same as us whether that is 'professional' or not.

After the WC showing, if Ozil fails to get going early on he will be hounded by the press this year. They love an easy target and if he doesn't pull his finger out, improve his body language (ffs how hard is that to do?) and really start running games on a regular basis they are going to call him out. Then we have to listen to a twat like Savage telling us that Ozil is lazy or a disgrace and we really don't want to be in a position when you find yourself thinking ah shit,he's got a point :shock: I'd like to think that if Dick is any kind of a manager/tactician he will get Ozil fired up for the new season and performing.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:23 am
This is what you said earlier about the ox earlier -

"And it is too easy to lay all the blame for his prolonged shitness at Wenger's door. Other players developed to some degree under Wenger because they wanted to and because they tried hard to. This little bollocks would misplace one pass and his head would drop. He has no character no grit."

Would any part of that (especially the last line) also not apply to ozil ? Personally I feel that ozil mentally checked out some time ago (and I can understand why that would happen), and I know that it is possible for him to turn it around, but that shipped has sailed for me tbh - I like the new mentality that emery will demand of his players, and tbh I would rather have a new high energy pressing team than a return to a team being built around a hit and miss world class talent
Hang on we are talking two very different players and two very different situations. The Ox has delivered nothing in all his years at Arsenal whereas Ozil has set assist and chances created records. You seem to think Ozil has somehow failed. I don't agree at all. The manager he worked under - the manager you continually slated on here as shit - played a system that didn't suit him mostly and yet STILL hd made a PL assist record. How can you compare him to the Ox? The Ox didn't improve at all in his time here and if anything got worse.

A high energy pressing game only works in the modern game if you have a world class striker and/or a midfield creator because chances are more limited by its very nature. We dont have the first and if you take Ozil out we dont have the second.

The other thing is you seem to think Dick will only play one style but everything I've read about him says he is flexible in-game and from game to game so the more intelligent players we have the easier it is to transition from one formation / system to another.

You simply cannot win the PL without a playmaker that can think on a higher level and see the passes others cannot.

augie

Post by augie »

I see marco reus was on the bench for the dortmund game v citeeh last night, yet ozil is still on holidays from us - lazy german/turkish b.astard :wink: :lol:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

augie wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:54 am
I see marco reus was on the bench for the dortmund game v citeeh last night, yet ozil is still on holidays from us - lazy german/turkish b.astard :wink: :lol:
Except,he’s not Augie - he came back early from hollibobs to join the squad ( so impressed was he with the reports of Dicks methods, or so we are being told)

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

StuartL wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:14 am
augie wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:54 am
Except,he’s not Augie - he came back early from hollibobs to join the squad ( so impressed was he with the reports of Dicks methods, or so we are being told)
Just read about that :shock:

1 - 0 to Ozil's PR people.

manninger

Post by manninger »

Øzil say No 2 german national team!!

augie

Post by augie »

manninger wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:37 pm
Øzil say No 2 german national team!!

I read his retirement announcement post and it is quite hard hitting - in some ways I feel sorry for him, but at the same time he cannot expect a photo of him with the turkish presiedent and proclaiming his support of him, and not expect a backlash

manninger

Post by manninger »

Politics and sport can not be divede from each other. Shame, but we could benefit from it

He was not the only one, WHO was a diaster from the german team , so i u derstand him.

Post by 1989 »

Gained a lot more respect for him after that statement to be honest.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Good for him. Well done, old chap. He's taken a stand about something that matters to him and people from similar backgrounds. He's made a very good point and I'm proud of him. Turkish, German, whatever, always Arsenal.

Blade

Post by Blade »

Rubbish player,weakling .Thinks he is a dribbler and throws up his arms in fustration when opp take ball of him.so easily .Easy to play agsinst

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Fair play to him from my perspective. He is going to be viewed as a traitor by millions of people and any German who disliked him before will hate him now.

But I think he is absolutely entitled to stand up for himself and I respect him for doing so. I still think that he could probably have avoided putting himself in the position of having his photo taken but it sounds like the DfB’s response has been utterly disproportionate.

He has to do it this season.

augie

Post by augie »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:34 pm
Good for him. Well done, old chap. He's taken a stand about something that matters to him and people from similar backgrounds. He's made a very good point and I'm proud of him. Turkish, German, whatever, always Arsenal.

To be fair, if a player in the england international team starting talking about his muslim background and his love of a disliked rival, the fans and politicians would probably have him hung, drawn and quartered

augie

Post by augie »

northbank123 wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:00 pm
Fair play to him from my perspective. He is going to be viewed as a traitor by millions of people and any German who disliked him before will hate him now.

But I think he is absolutely entitled to stand up for himself and I respect him for doing so. I still think that he could probably have avoided putting himself in the position of having his photo taken but it sounds like the DfB’s response has been utterly disproportionate.

He has to do it this season.

This I agree with 100% - he should have been more sensible than to allow himself get into this situation, but at the same time there is no doubt the backlash against him has been born out of racism.

He has definitely put himself under a ton of pressure now though - he knows that his popularity amongst the Gooner faithful has taken a massive hit, and now he has alienated himself from the german people as well, so if he doesnt turnaround his form with us he will be left with few options

Midz

Post by Midz »

he's a money-grabbing *word censored* and i look forward to the day he fucks off!