OZIL - Merged Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Nos89

Re: OZIL No shows, Injury, illness ??

Post by Nos89 »

It seems as much as supporters and pundits were calling wenger to drop ozil because of his lack of performance, the same people are calling out Emery for not playing him. To me its obvious that emery is asserting his authority by not playing ozil, despite him being simple the most talented player we have at the club. Ozil has been with Arsenal for 6 years now during which time we've won 3 FA Cups, reached a league cup final and Europa Final. We should've won the league '15/'16 during which he created more goal scoring opportunities by himself than the entire Leicester team put together. However, what has he done this season to justify a starting place?
I get the impression that Emery is going to give him a run of games leading into December. Primarily, to put in the shop window and secondly, give Cellabos something to work for. I'm not entirely happy that Cellabos has made it absolutely clear he wants to make it at Real Madrid and not intending to stay with us any longer than a season. Ozil on the other hand, has made it clear he wants to stay.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:58 pm
Herd wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:16 pm
Well in the press today he says he aint going nowhere so read it and weep !
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... lures.html
This is bordering on ridiculous now. The manager obviously does not want or rate him and we still have to fork out 350k a week. Lunacy.
Hang on mate Ozil is just honouring his contract unlike Cesc :lol: That's the problem with contracts, they're fine when they suit us and a pain in the arse when they don't. Ironic....don't ya think :rubchin: :lol:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Nos89 wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:35 pm
It seems as much as supporters and pundits were calling wenger to drop ozil because of his lack of performance, the same people are calling out Emery for not playing him. To me its obvious that emery is asserting his authority by not playing ozil, despite him being simple the most talented player we have at the club. Ozil has been with Arsenal for 6 years now during which time we've won 3 FA Cups, reached a league cup final and Europa Final. We should've won the league '15/'16 during which he created more goal scoring opportunities by himself than the entire Leicester team put together. However, what has he done this season to justify a starting place?
I get the impression that Emery is going to give him a run of games leading into December. Primarily, to put in the shop window and secondly, give Cellabos something to work for. I'm not entirely happy that Cellabos has made it absolutely clear he wants to make it at Real Madrid and not intending to stay with us any longer than a season. Ozil on the other hand, has made it clear he wants to stay.
Yeah screw Ceballos, why should we help raise his value, if he wants to make it at RM then pick Ozil unless he's playing s**t, Ceballos can sit on the bench.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:38 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Herd wrote:
This is bordering on ridiculous now. The manager obviously does not want or rate him and we still have to fork out 350k a week. Lunacy.
Hang on mate Ozil is just honouring his contract unlike Cesc :lol: That's the problem with contracts, they're fine when they suit us and a pain in the arse when they don't. Ironic....don't ya think :rubchin: :lol:
Haha piss weak attempt mate. You are not even comparing apples with oranges - you are comparing apples with fish ffs. But then you knew that didn't you ya little minx.... :lol: :wink:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Herd wrote:
I think Emery rates him but for him it is all about control. Ozil would have a massive influence within the squad because he is absolutely the most talented player, so straight away players look up to him. Maybe, Ozil is more relaxed in training than emery wants as sometimes a player of that natural quality can produce the goods on match day. BFG made this point about Ozil in his book. With Ozil, he's had a back problem, plus all the other "gangster" stuff going on in his personal life would be a distraction and he's not delivering the goods on match day. Ozil is clearly not happy with his football. He's 31 years old, has to adjust his game a bit and is struggling. Even DB10 went through a phase like this when he turned 30, and look how he performed in the last 4 years of his career. Bergkamp was masterful between 2002 and 2006.
However, Ozil needs and empathetic manager. Does Emery have that style to manage a player like Ozil? I'd guess that if Ozil played under Guardiola he'd be performing to the same level as David Silva. We need Ozil to perform to the levels of 2015/16 season and between Auba, Lacazette and Pepe, they'd easily get 70 -80 goals between them during the season.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

it's so frustrating because you don't know what to think.

He's all happy times off the pitch and then miserable as fu*k on it

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:44 am
Jock Gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Herd wrote:
Haha piss weak attempt mate. You are not even comparing apples with oranges - you are comparing apples with fish ffs. But then you knew that didn't you ya little minx.... :lol: :wink:

Ah the old comparing apples with oranges line :rubchin: but we are definitely comparing contracts with contracts here :lol: Cutting straight through your snowflakey, wishy washy, entitled, want it both ways bull.shit to address the truth of the situation. Little minx.....don't know what you're talking about :lol: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:21 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Herd wrote:

Ah the old comparing apples with oranges line :rubchin: but we are definitely comparing contracts with contracts here :lol: Cutting straight through your snowflakey, wishy washy, entitled, want it both ways bull.shit to address the truth of the situation. Little minx.....don't know what you're talking about :lol: :lol:
Player A (we'll call him Fabregas the chav rat cùnt :D ) wants to leave, threatens to go on strike to get out of his contract.

Player B (we'll call him the anti-Robbie Savage :D ) does not want to leave and states he wants to honour his contract.

Yep..... identical situations there! :lol:

In other news practically no one wanted Player A to go. Anyone with a half functioning brain can see we need to get Player B off the payroll if he is not going to be picked.

Hey you're right! Identical again! :lol: :wink:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:30 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Player A (we'll call him Fabregas the chav rat cùnt :D ) wants to leave, threatens to go on strike to get out of his contract.

Player B (we'll call him the anti-Robbie Savage :D ) does not want to leave and states he wants to honour his contract.

In other news practically no one wanted Player A to go. Anyone with a half functioning brain can see we need to get Player B off the payroll if he is not going to be picked.

ooh, nice little commentary :lol:

Bottom line - both contracted. You can't really kick ozil in the ass over his contract position and get uppity about what Cesc did, it's a teeny bit contradictory :lol:

Herd

Post by Herd »

The Ozil situation reminds me of an ex live in Girlfriend I had , I told her I wanted her gone but she just acted as if I hadn't said anything and made no attempt to leave and behaved as if we were still the loving couple,it took me about 6 months to get her out !
Similarly I had a lovely little girlfriend that wanted t leave and I clung on to the idea she would stay until she too moved to Spain before coming back to the UK 3 years after and shacked up with my worst enemy !
Only one of the above stories is true !

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:56 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:

Bottom line - both contracted. You can't really kick ozil in the ass over his contract position and get uppity about what Cesc did, it's a teeny bit contradictory :lol:
But that's the point mate - I've NEVER kicked Ozil in the ass over the contract! He accepted a ludicrous pay rise (who wouldnt) but is at least willing to honour his contract. My problem is with the club for giving him that mental contract and pay rise.

Fabregas also took a massive pay rise in his last contract extension but then didn't honour the contract.

Ozil has done nothing wrong, contract wise. Fabregas did.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Herd wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:04 pm
The Ozil situation reminds me of an ex live in Girlfriend I had , I told her I wanted her gone but she just acted as if I hadn't said anything and made no attempt to leave and behaved as if we were still the loving couple,it took me about 6 months to get her out !
Similarly I had a lovely little girlfriend that wanted t leave and I clung on to the idea she would stay until she too moved to Spain before coming back to the UK 3 years after and shacked up with my worst enemy !
Only one of the above stories is true !
"One" is an exaggeration isn't it mate..... :lol: :wink:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:52 am
Jock Gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

But that's the point mate - I've NEVER kicked Ozil in the ass over the contract! He accepted a ludicrous pay rise (who wouldnt) but is at least willing to honour his contract. My problem is with the club for giving him that mental contract and pay rise.

Fabregas also took a massive pay rise in his last contract extension but then didn't honour the contract.

I'm not sure but i think we have gone full circle on this :lol: - I refer you to my earlier comment above which read:-

"Hang on mate Ozil is just honouring his contract unlike Cesc :lol: That's the problem with contracts, they're fine when they suit us and a pain in the arse when they don't. Ironic....don't ya think :rubchin: :lol:"

What was the question again :? :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:31 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:

I'm not sure but i think we have gone full circle on this :lol: - I refer you to my earlier comment above which read:-

"Hang on mate Ozil is just honouring his contract unlike Cesc :lol: That's the problem with contracts, they're fine when they suit us and a pain in the arse when they don't. Ironic....don't ya think :rubchin: :lol:"

:lol: :lol:

Haha fuck knows! :wink:

I got the impression you thought I was blaming Ozil for the contract and was pissed at him when I was zctually pissed at the club. Or something. Maybe. :lol: :wink:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:53 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:31 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

:lol: :lol:

Haha fuck knows! :wink:

I got the impression you thought I was blaming Ozil for the contract and was pissed at him when I was zctually pissed at the club. Or something. Maybe. :lol: :wink:

Nah, think I was just being a little minx :lol: Then forgot wtf I was going on about....who is that German lad again that sits on the bench :rubchin: :lol: