OZIL - Merged Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Zanatos3

Re: OZIL No shows, Injury, illness ??

Post by Zanatos3 »

HEADLINE:Mesut Ozil ‘isn’t ‘training hard enough’ to play for Arsenal, claims Charlie Nicholas

Metro Sport Reporter
Monday 21 Oct 2019 7:07 pm

LINK
https://metro.co.uk/2019/10/21/mesut-oz ... -10958439/

Yup yup yup....Uh huh..Uh Huh!

Herd

Post by Herd »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:54 am
Herd wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:04 pm
The Ozil situation reminds me of an ex live in Girlfriend I had , I told her I wanted her gone but she just acted as if I hadn't said anything and made no attempt to leave and behaved as if we were still the loving couple,it took me about 6 months to get her out !
Similarly I had a lovely little girlfriend that wanted t leave and I clung on to the idea she would stay until she too moved to Spain before coming back to the UK 3 years after and shacked up with my worst enemy !
Only one of the above stories is true !
"One" is an exaggeration isn't it mate..... :lol: :wink:
Unfortunately one is true 2 was embellished !

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Think back to May 16th when after the debacle in Baku we heard statements like "Ozil disgrace", "Ozil should never play for the club again" and "was Ozil on the pitch?". Eight games later all we get is "why isn't Ozil playing?", "why isn't Ozil in the squad?"
Well. what has Ozil done to show he deserves a place in the team? In the two matches he has started he has been largely anonymous.
To me Ozil has the capability of a world class player, someone who can win a game. He hasn't done anything close to that since the 3-1 home win versus leicester 12 months ago. I want to see Ozil on the pitch, or on the bench at the very least but in all honestly what has he done to deserve a regular starting place?

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Ozil has taken time off from whatever he is doing to go on social media to wish Arsene Wenger a happy 70th birthday..

augie

Post by augie »

Nos89 wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:52 am
Think back to May 16th when after the debacle in Baku we heard statements like "Ozil disgrace", "Ozil should never play for the club again" and "was Ozil on the pitch?". Eight games later all we get is "why isn't Ozil playing?", "why isn't Ozil in the squad?"
Well. what has Ozil done to show he deserves a place in the team? In the two matches he has started he has been largely anonymous
To me Ozil has the capability of a world class player, someone who can win a game. He hasn't done anything close to that since the 3-1 home win versus leicester 12 months ago. I want to see Ozil on the pitch, or on the bench at the very least but in all honestly what has he done to deserve a regular starting place?

Some of these comments are beyond baffling :shock: Just another example of how good a player becomes when he isnt actually playing :roll: Can we please accept that this guy's day has come and gone, and move the fcuk on cos he certainly isnt the answer to our problems :cussing:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nos89 wrote:
Well. what has Ozil done to show he deserves a place in the team? In the two matches he has started he has been largely anonymous.
All good points Nos. Allow me to retort. :D

What has Willock done to deserve to start? What has the perma-shit Xhakatard done? Kolasinac? Pepe? Ex-chav charity case Sideshow Calamity? Chambers?

All have been appallingly shit all season with the exception of a brief flash of averageness from Chambers.

We need someone to create chances. Someone to retain the ball with a bit of guile. None of those players can do that. The only player that has proven he can is Ozil. Yes he's past his best yes he's not worth the insane 350k a week but you play the best players you have. Or at least you give them a decent run of games to prove your faith in them right or wrong. Dick is playing utter gash in that midfield.

We won't know what Ozil can deliver this season until he gets to play this season. Yep it may well be fuck all. But even that would be more than Xhakatard and Pepe combined have delivered.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:48 pm
Ozil has taken time off from whatever he is doing to go on social media to wish Arsene Wenger a happy 70th birthday..
He must fucking love that man. "Hey you want 350k a week? Ok here ya go". :roll: :censored:

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:19 pm
Nos89 wrote:

What has Willock done to deserve to start? What has the perma-shit Xhakatard done? Kolasinac? Pepe? Ex-chav charity case Sideshow Calamity? Chambers?

All have been appallingly shit all season with the exception of a brief flash of averageness from Chambers.

We need someone to create chances. Someone to retain the ball with a bit of guile. None of those players can do that. The only player that has proven he can is Ozil. Yes he's past his best yes he's not worth the insane 350k a week but you play the best players you have. Or at least you give them a decent run of games to prove your faith in them right or wrong. Dick is playing utter gash in that midfield.

We won't know what Ozil can deliver this season until he gets to play this season. Yep it may well be fuck all. But even that would be more than Xhakatard and Pepe combined have delivered.

Be fair buddy, Chambers has played really well of late and deserved to start last night - I'm not saying that he is a top class right full (personally I don't think he is a full back at all), but he has done well and been solid there in recent games, and that is what we were all crying out for when maitland-niles was busy being a defensive liability :roll: I know that attacking wise his contributions arent great, but if the ivory coast clown in front of him was doing his job, he would be providing the creativity and chambers would be doing the defensive work.

As I said yesterday, the problem isnt not playing ozil, but is more to do with the 3 midfielders he is picking - xhaka is too slow both in movement and thought, so he automatically slows our game down and allows teams to get their shape defensively, and ceballos needs to be the one at the tip of the midfield 3. Torreira and guendouzi are automatic starters in everyone's mind bar emery's and that is beyond baffling. Put those 3 in midfield and see our offensive play speed up and ozil will be quickly forgotten again.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Nos89 wrote:

My rebuttal is simply, the thread is about Ozil :lol:

I too cannot understand the xhaka, kolasinac starting ahead of others. I agree you should always start with your strongest team. Currently, I'd include Pepe and Chambers in the starting eleven. Ozil wouldn't be a starter but I'd have him on the bench untilil he hits a bit of form. I don't know what emery's German is like but I think ozil undermines emery's tactics that's why he isn't even in the squad. Considering half the team have played in Germany, a german/ French/ english speaking coach would straight away get hold of the squad in a way emery has failed to do.
My only concern and reasoning why torreira isn't starting is that I've noticed that he gives the ball away far too often in the DM position.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:24 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Nos89 wrote:

Be fair buddy, Chambers has played really well of late and deserved to start last night - I'm not saying that he is a top class right full (personally I don't think he is a full back at all), but he has done well and been solid there in recent games, and that is what we were all crying out for when maitland-niles was busy being a defensive liability :roll: I know that attacking wise his contributions arent great, but if the ivory coast clown in front of him was doing his job, he would be providing the creativity and chambers would be doing the defensive work.

As I said yesterday, the problem isnt not playing ozil, but is more to do with the 3 midfielders he is picking - xhaka is too slow both in movement and thought, so he automatically slows our game down and allows teams to get their shape defensively, and ceballos needs to be the one at the tip of the midfield 3. Torreira and guendouzi are automatic starters in everyone's mind bar emery's and that is beyond baffling. Put those 3 in midfield and see our offensive play speed up and ozil will be quickly forgotten again.
Quite possibly augie. But at the moment even Ceballos who I am a fan of looks lost out there and is not creating chances or opportunities. Ozil is deffo not the long term solution here but at the moment we are creating nothing in midfield and we are not retaining posession either. It's no exaggeration when I say on Monday night we looked like Wenger had never left. We were aimless toothless gutless and resorted to innefective little passing triangles.

RE Chambers - I was more referring to him in the context of attacking which he is quite poor at. I agree he is not a full back but nevertheless that's the role he is required to play and going forward he is awful mostly.

Wengerballs

Post by Wengerballs »

Ozils suffering from depression, its obvious.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:20 pm
Bradywasking wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:48 pm
He must fucking love that man. "Hey you want 350k a week? Ok here ya go". :roll: :censored:
Apparently Ozil gets a special mention in TOF's new book. :?

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Wengerballs wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:17 am
He fu.cking depresses me.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:33 pm
Wengerballs wrote:
That 350k a week depresses me.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:47 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:33 pm
Wengerballs wrote:
That 350k a week depresses me.
I'm even more fuc.king depressed now