OZIL - Merged Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Gunnersaurus or Ozil

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jeepers! Ozil has actually offered to pay the guy's salary! :shock:

Fair play to him. 8)

I wonder what wiggy Beaver felcher will think of that? :censored:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:49 pm
Ozil has offered to pay his wages
Ha ha he's a fucking devious bastard :lol:

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

Gunnersaurus full annual salary is about 5 minutes work for Ozil, but fair play to him.

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:33 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
He’s had plenty of time to think of further ways to fuck the club while sat on his arse picking up £350k per week! :D

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

rodders999 wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
That is fucking attention seeking from Ozil. Why didn't he take a pay cut when the fifty plus staff were being laid off?
Why doesn't he go play for a lower league club that is struggling for free?
But a big PR opportunity presents itself at Arsenal and he makes this offer. Obviously he doesn't give a fuck about the guy in the costume, he wants cheap publicity for his cheap shot at Arsenal.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Pure PR by Ozil. He wouldn't take a pay cut which is pretty much the amount of the salaries of the 55 but he will cover Gunnersaurus' salary.

Devious *word censored*. I made a donation of £20 the total collection is £10k now we should get to the target and tell ozil to fuck off.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:

Ohhhh! The Fuggin' Irony huh!!!!?

Arsenal midfielder Mesut Ozil has offered to pay the salary of Jerry Quy, the man who plays the role of club mascot Gunnersaurus.

On Monday, the Gunners announced that Quy, who has been part of the matchday experience at Arsenal for 27 years, was one of 55 redundancies.

“I was so sad that Jerry Quy, aka our famous and loyal mascot Gunnersaurus and integral part of our club, was being made redundant after 27 years,” said the 31-year-old German in a post on Twitter.

“As such, I’m offering to reimburse Arsenal with the full salary of our big green guy as long as I will be an Arsenal player so Jerry can continue his job that he loves so much.”

Arsenal said they had to make staff redundant because of the financial impact of the coronavirus pandemic.

The Gunners' first-team players and head coach Mikel Arteta agreed a 12.5% pay cut in April. The club's executive team also agreed to waive more than a third of their salaries over the next 12 months.

A very clever move by Marty Feldman's twin bro me thinks...

How to stick two fingers up to your employer and they have to pay you £350k a WEEK! For the honour!

JEEEZZUSSS THE FECKIN WORLD HAS GONE MAD!!!

Whatever next!??????

Clubfoot to voluntarily FUCKOFF OUT OF the club???? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
I know, and to think it is a widely held belief that German's have No sense of humour! - Ole marty is laughing all the way to the bank (Literally)…

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:12 pm
:lol:
We need a Poll! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Is DB as Devious as marty the turk/Kraut or is he just a poor deluded soul who has no friends and no life and so spends ll his time coming on here Banning decent honest people????? :? :? :? :?

Poor fuckar huh!

Maybe we should contact Ozil Feldman and see if he will pay DB's Mod's wages???? :rubchin: :rubchin: :rubchin: :rubchin:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:50 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:49 am
Whom ever voted to keep the german/turkish Marty Feldman - should be BANNED I Tell Yer!

BANNED!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :box: :box: :box: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

:D
Can DB10 ban himself?

:rubchin:

Dunno it's worth a try..

Go On DB Give it a go! :lol: :wink:

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

So what if it’s opportunistic/PR spin/a drop in the ocean to him?

Wherever the money comes from and why, at least Jerry Quy’s got a job.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

am i the only one thinking this pr stunt could backfire on him? the irony isnt lost on me that if this *word censored* fucke of out of out club, we may not have made the redundancies. but he refuses to leave, refuses to take a pay cut, bth things which may have meant we didnt let these people go.

that said i dont see the point keeping the mascot on until we have fans back in the stadium...we are not a charity, i appreciate its harsh and cold but we dont need the bloke currently so why should we keep him on for no reason other than effectively charity/sentiment?

additionally those 55 redundancies, maybe they were needed anyway, a bloated non playing staff inefficiently run and not performing...had the timing been different, there wouldnt be a squeak i'd imagine.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Did IQ's just fucking drop? :lol: :lol:

Now it's Ozil's fault 55 people got sacked? Him taking a paycut would have saved their jobs? Has anyone checked if he was in China earlier this year? He probably started COVID. You silly silly cùnts. :oops: :lol:

If only we had a billionaire owner that could have given up a day or two of his earnings to save those 55 jobs. :roll:

Silly cùnts. :lol: :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Just checked with the forum owner and a mod can't ban themselves but can ban people for being silly cùnts. :lol: :wink:

Silly cùnts.

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

the playing mantis wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:59 pm
am i the only one thinking this pr stunt could backfire on him? the irony isnt lost on me that if this *word censored* fucke of out of out club, we may not have made the redundancies. but he refuses to leave, refuses to take a pay cut, bth things which may have meant we didnt let these people go.

that said i dont see the point keeping the mascot on until we have fans back in the stadium...we are not a charity, i appreciate its harsh and cold but we dont need the bloke currently so why should we keep him on for no reason other than effectively charity/sentiment?

additionally those 55 redundancies, maybe they were needed anyway, a bloated non playing staff inefficiently run and not performing...had the timing been different, there wouldnt be a squeak i'd imagine.
Spot on. Good bit of common sense.