OZIL - Merged Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Bradywasking

Re: OZIL No shows, Injury, illness ??

Post by Bradywasking »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 7:54 pm
augie wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 7:52 pm
Well thank fcuk for that then

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... -world-cup

I was really getting worried about his playing in the world cup :roll: :censored: :censored:
I thought everyone from Oireland had stopped worrying about the World Cup long ago :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :D
Why ? Are we not in it? :D Who cares , we are a Rugby nation now !

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

I've never known anyone be so ill

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

flash gunner wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 6:25 am

Don't worry, although he's going to miss the rest of the season, he's said he's confident he'll be fit for the World Cup.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

GranadaJoe wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 7:00 am
flash gunner wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 6:25 am

Don't worry, although he's going to miss the rest of the season, he's said he's confident he'll be fit for the World Cup.
To be fair to him he does have a note from his mum, so I reckon it is genuine.

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

Maybe he will go to China to receive a similar income for doing relatively nothing at all.

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

When we signed Ozil I was pleased as he looked like one of the most talented players in the world - and German so he'd be a grafter. How wrong I was!!

At that time, we lived in London and my son's best mate at school was a Spanish lad. His Dad (massive Real Madrid fan) was a very wealthy man, working over here on a 5 year contract. I asked him about Ozil, saying "At last, we've nicked one of your best players". He laughed and said "Don't be so sure my friend. He is talented but lazy and only plays when he wants. You will come to hate him"

How right he was. For me, Ozil sums up the Wenger years better than any other player.

Technically gifted.
Massively overpaid.
Lightweight.
Flaky.
Plays well on a nice sunny day.
Plays well against "nice" teams.
Disappears up his own arse in tough times.
In all - a disgrace to the shirt!!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Ozil is undoubtedly our best player by a million country miles since the mercenary rat Sanchez fucked off and I've always defended his talent, but his attitude? Undefendable.

And I'm not talking about his body language on the pitch or the wrongly perceived "laziness" rubbish. I'm talking about his attitude off the pitch. If you are on 350k a week you should be killing yourself to play every game.

But again it's too simplistic to just blame Ozil. He is a world class player that has set European assist records at Madrid and PL assist records in a shit Arsenal side managed by a past-it buffoon. Wenger has let the rot set in with Ozil by mollycoddling him amd pandering to him and not giving him the kick up the arse he needs.Hopefully the new manager sorts this as a priority.

I'd keep him and build the team around him tbh but if that doesn't work for whatever reason then sling him and get in two top players for that 350k per week. Hopefully one will be in the Robbie Savage mode heh lads because we just don't have enough directionless headless idiots running around aimlessly out there. :roll: :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

So, does this mean he is a richlazycunt or just a *word censored* who is lazy and has loads of dosh ? (there is a difference).

maybe he will improve when wengeris gone and he is played in his best position, and is allowed to wear his smoking jacket and slippers on the pitch. :?

CloakedGooner

Post by CloakedGooner »

I would be embarrassed to be on 350k a week and excuse myself from as many games as he has this season :oops:

YorkshireGunner

Post by YorkshireGunner »

I have been wondering, about this Ozil & world cup thing
Now that pretty much all European Leagues are done, How many other German Players are excusing themselves from club duty, So they don't get injured, and can play in the World Cup, Maybe its orders ?
Unless you happen to be in the Europa Final or Champions League Final !!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

CloakedGooner wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 9:59 am
I would be embarrassed to be on 350k a week and excuse myself from as many games as he has this season :oops:
Tbh so would I. But then my boss would not accept it. And that's not making excuses for Ozil either. But with some players they need a strong boss to tell them to cop the fuck onto themself.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

YorkshireGunner wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 1:55 pm
I have been wondering, about this Ozil & world cup thing
Now that pretty much all European Leagues are done, How many other German Players are excusing themselves from club duty, So they don't get injured, and can play in the World Cup, Maybe its orders ?
Unless you happen to be in the Europa Final or Champions League Final !!
I'd say Wenger is just wrapping one of his favourites in cotton wool..... Can't imagine the Germans wanting his match fitness to drop so I doubt they ordered it tbh....

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

:shock: zil's agent having a go at Keown. Absolutely savaging he's punditry as well as his playing career.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/ozil-age ... nonn24mnr1

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Did anyone see the video clip of what Ozil did when he had bread thrown at him?
I wonder if he did the same to Giroud when he kept wasting all those chances in 2015/16 season when he stopped scoring from Ozils assists, which essentially cost us a league title?
As for keown criticism , he was out of order to Ozil.

Post by 1989 »

Imagine what the likes of Fergie or GG would've done to him had he been playing under them. A mollycoddler (Wenger) is exactly the wrong manager for him.