OZIL - Merged Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: OZIL No shows, Injury, illness ??

Post by augie »

Nos89 wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 12:27 am
Did anyone see the video clip of what Ozil did when he had bread thrown at him?
I wonder if he did the same to Giroud when he kept wasting all those chances in 2015/16 season when he stopped scoring from Ozils assists, which essentially cost us a league title?
As for keown criticism , he was out of order to Ozil.

Keown is a w**ker and wenger cocks*ker, but tell me how he was out of order here :?

Has ozil done enough in the big games for us ? Clearly that is a big no

Has ozil had an unusually high amount of missed games through mysterious illnesses ? That is a most definite yes

Was he right when he said that ozil wouldnt play for us again this season ? Obviously 100% on the button there

Keown didnt say anything that a lot of us havent been saying on here for a long time, and a big name doesnt exempt a player from criticism when he isnt doing enough to help his team

RobG

Post by RobG »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 10:01 am
When we signed Ozil I was pleased as he looked like one of the most talented players in the world - and German so he'd be a grafter. How wrong I was!!

At that time, we lived in London and my son's best mate at school was a Spanish lad. His Dad (massive Real Madrid fan) was a very wealthy man, working over here on a 5 year contract. I asked him about Ozil, saying "At last, we've nicked one of your best players". He laughed and said "Don't be so sure my friend. He is talented but lazy and only plays when he wants. You will come to hate him"

How right he was. For me, Ozil sums up the Wenger years better than any other player.

Technically gifted.
Massively overpaid.
Lightweight.
Flaky.
Plays well on a nice sunny day.
Plays well against "nice" teams.
Disappears up his own arse in tough times.
In all - a disgrace to the shirt!!

Well put Jumpers. And impossible to disagree. His 'back' injury must appear laughable to the other players, let alone the fans.

If you're a Wenger player and even Known has a right pop at you, then something is definitely wrong - or should I say, WRONG.

augie

Post by augie »

Have to say that I did smile when I read ozil's agents response where he basically said that keown was only ever a reserve at Arsenal, and is ignored when they talk about the legendary Arsenal back 5 (seaman, dixon, TA6, bould, nutty) :lol: :lol:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Mourinho said about a year ago that Wenger doesn't use Ozil right, something along those lines. And Ozil himself said that Mourinho used to give him hell when he was at Real.

The problem is in both these statements, Ozil is a playmaker and needs a Kante like grafter alongside him (we have Xhaka ffs ) a decent midfielder beside him (not a Ramsey) and a genuine quality striker in front of him...not a Wenger "qualiteee" but a Suarez/Aguero type quality. Look at David Silva, he has de Bruyne...Aguero & Jesus.

And when Ozil is not pulling his weight he should get his arse kicked.

Wenger has put him on £350k pw has no idea how to get the best out of him and allows him to do whatever he pleases. It is difficult to put into words what a shockingly poor manager he is.

Would love the see a book in a few years from now.... WENGER EXPOSED.. Legend or Fraud?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

1989 wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 12:52 am
Imagine what the likes of Fergie or GG would've done to him had he been playing under them. A mollycoddler (Wenger) is exactly the wrong manager for him.
Ozil wouldn't have lasted beyond a year or two with GG. He railroaded the superbly talented Anders Limpar out of the Arsenal because even though he was a superb technical player and a big match performer he didn't work hard enough for GG. A shame because Limpar was a top top technical player and he punched the cunty Brian McClair right in his stupid fucking ear. :D 8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

xisstential wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 11:18 am
Mourinho said about a year ago that Wenger doesn't use Ozil right, something along those lines. And Ozil himself said that Mourinho used to give him hell when he was at Real.

The problem is in both these statements, Ozil is a playmaker and needs a Kante like grafter alongside him (we have Xhaka ffs ) a decent midfielder beside him (not a Ramsey) and a genuine quality striker in front of him...not a Wenger "qualiteee" but a Suarez/Aguero type quality. Look at David Silva, he has de Bruyne...Aguero & Jesus.

Wenger has put him on £350k pw has no idea how to get the best out of him and allows him to do whatever he pleases. It is difficult to put into words what a shockingly poor manager he is.

Would love the see a book in a few years from now.... WENGER EXPOSED.. Legend or Fraud?
First 10 years legend. Second 10 exposed as lucky to have inherited GG's back 5. :wink:

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 12:33 pm
1989 wrote:
Imagine what the likes of Fergie or GG would've done to him had he been playing under them. A mollycoddler (Wenger) is exactly the wrong manager for him.
Ozil wouldn't have lasted beyond a year or two with GG. He railroaded the superbly talented Anders Limpar out of the Arsenal because even though he was a superb technical player and a big match performer he didn't work hard enough for GG. A shame because Limpar was a top top technical player and he punched the cunty Brian McClair right in his stupid fucking ear. :D 8)
Maybe under a manager he respected he might have put a shift in,or maybe he's sick of having a fucking road cone in front of him to create chances for,either way I agree he is a lazy fucker,a clever manager would get a work-horse around him and let him do what he wanted,Ozil is a luxury Arsenal don't have the luxury of having with shit like Xhaka and El Neny in midfield,hopefully Agaygangbang will be the boost he needs.

as for the missing games for no apparent reason maybe he suffers from migraines,they debilitate people for days with no apparent visual signs of illness.maybe its in a clause that it cannot become public knowledge,or he might just be a fucking melt

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 12:34 pm
xisstential wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 11:18 am

First 10 years legend. Second 10 exposed as lucky to have inherited GG's back 5. :wink:
Yep......beyond doubt a 100% proven Fraud

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

robbo10 wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 12:45 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 12:33 pm
1989 wrote:
Maybe under a manager he respected he might have put a shift in,or maybe he's sick of having a fucking road cone in front of him to create chances for,either way I agree he is a lazy fucker,a clever manager would get a work-horse around him and let him do what he wanted,Ozil is a luxury Arsenal don't have the luxury of having with shit like Xhaka and El Neny in midfield,hopefully Agaygangbang will be the boost he needs.

as for the missing games for no apparent reason maybe he suffers from migraines,they debilitate people for days with no apparent visual signs of illness.maybe its in a clause that it cannot become public knowledge,or he might just be a fucking melt
:lol: :lol:

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

SydneyGooner wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 11:28 pm
:shock: zil's agent having a go at Keown. Absolutely savaging he's punditry as well as his playing career.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/ozil-age ... nonn24mnr1
I would take issue with a lot of what Ozil's agent said as it is a load of pony

i) "He was an Arsenal reserve so left for Everton and Aston Villa because he wasn’t good enough."

Not true. He was in the first team under Howe (played 22 times for Arsenal before leaving) but slapped in a transfer request when Howe went as he was looking for more dough,

ii) "He returned to Arsenal but was still a reserve "

He played over 300 games. How is that a reserve? Ozil has played less than 150.

iii) In the 2004 Invincible season, Arsene Wenger let him play the last minute vs Leicester to qualify for a winner's medal.

He was the same age as Tony Adams who had retired two years earlier. He was 37 at that point, He did well to be in the squad at that age and managing to play 10 games a season.

iv) "He spent time helping coach the defenders at London Colney some time ago but then it stopped. Why would it stop if he was so good and knew so much about the game? Was it that Arsene Wenger, the players and staff did not want him there?

http://metro.co.uk/2017/08/31/arsene-we ... t-6893498/

Keown played a key role in helping Arsenal tighten up at the back during their memorable run to the 2006 Champions League final, when they went ten consecutive games without conceding a goal.

Maybe Keown got the snowflakes working. And they didn't like it! And we had some pretty poor defenders like Eboue back then

v) "With 89 caps for Germany (in what some would say is a golden era for the national team), he has won the most prestigious trophy in football. Keown achieved very little in his 43 caps for England."

Who has achieved anything for England since 1966?

vi) "When you are a small name compared to all the other football pundits on TV and radio like Thierry Henry, Frank Lampard and Steven Gerrard, is it simply a coincidence that you decide to repeatedly criticise the biggest name in the team?

Lampard and Gerrard are big names? See v) - How many World Cups did they win? How many League titles has Gerrard won? Over 100 caps each in the so-called golden generation and they achieved as much as Keown, namely sweet FA.

vii) "You said that Mesut was not loyal and would run down his contract and leave the club. Good prediction - he signed a new contract.

All thing being equal he would not have, but someone gave him 350,000 reasons a week to. Loyalty had nothing to do with it,

ix) "Talking about loyalty and dedication, he has played throughout the season against medical advice. This has been kept hidden from the public

Why? What is wrong with him? And if he is so injured why did Arsenal pay him so much to stay? Wilshere was offered a quarter of what Ozil was with his injury record.

x) You cannot break us as you cannot influence the fans and people at the club, all of whom love Mesut.

I don't love him. And I am a fan. So definitely not all. The sooner the lazy expensive waste of space leaves the better.
Last edited by arrgee on Thu May 10, 2018 11:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

RobG

Post by RobG »

arrgee - Very well put. :barscarf: :barscarf:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

One of the most disappointing things is I genuinely have never believed for a minute that we’ve signed a dud.

I think that we’ve signed a talented player who needs careful management and who is a complete luxury player not played in the right team. And then managed him in the worst way possible.

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

northbank123 wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 7:21 pm
One of the most disappointing things is I genuinely have never believed for a minute that we’ve signed a dud.

I think that we’ve signed a talented player who needs careful management and who is a complete luxury player not played in the right team. And then managed him in the worst way possible.
a complete luxury player - That is the problem Only under perfect conditions can he thrive. Real Madrid with Ronaldo et al. German National Team. If you have ten great players on the pitch with him he does shine as he does things that others can't. Ozil in Bloemfontein in 2010 was one of the best games I ever saw any player play. A bit like Bobby Moore vs Brazil in 1970. Bobby Moore was a bit of a luxury at West Ham back in the day.

I suspect that like Moore (and Maradona), Ozil is more interested in international football. Turning up for the big tournament, but not able to consistently produce that form week in week out.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Ozil is the most talented player we've had at the club since DB10. In 2015/16 he had 19 assists by February and had our strikers not stopped scoring he'd have easily hit 30 assists that season. The incredible statistic from that season is that created more goal scoring opportunities than the entire Leicester team put together, yet they won the league. Go figure?? Is that Ozil's fault?

Against Atletico he worked hard to create space and chances. When he lost the ball he tracked back. He conceded at least 3 corners and he didn't do that from the centre circle?

Keown lambasted the easy target. Clearly, he doesn't like him. Yes, I've been critical of Ozil when he's ducked out of headers and challenges, something DB10 didn't do.
If we're going to get personal Keown missed an open goal from 6 yards in the 2000 UEFA cup final which would have won us the trophy. Yet, we say "oh he's defender, you wouldn't expect him to score". So why do we expect Ozil to defend when he is a world class number 10? It's all media bullshit, a defenders excuse not to criticise a poorly organised defence.
Ozil created our best two opportunities to score in the away leg, is he at fault monreal and ramsey couldn't control the ball?
We don't really know why he's been absent. There must have been a reason to play him once a week. Wenger did the same with Koscielny and Lacazette. In five seasons, we've won 3 FA Cups with Ozil in the team. He got to 50 assists in the quickest time in Premier League history. I hope he can get fully fit and assist Auba and Lacazette smash the goals in.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I kind of agree with both sides of the argument to a certain extent.... kind of.... :wink:

He is world class but he is also deffo a luxury player who needs other top players around him. So either get those top players in and build the team around his talent and vision - or get rid of him because that 350k a week could pay wages for 2 top players.

Personally I hope we build the team around him because we have not had a technical player of his calibre since Bergkamp and I haven't enjoyed watching an Arsenal player so much since DB10 tbh.