Unai Emery

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
sk-gtfo

Re: Unai Emery

Post by sk-gtfo »

Where do those %'s come from?, because there was that picture the other day showing in the PL Wenger had a better record in his last 47 games vs Emery's first 47, I'm guessing the ones you quote include games in the EL?, it also ignores draws which though aren't great do earn some points and keep some 'pride' if we have any left by now (thanks to KSE).

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Everyone on here turned their nose up at Brenda (me more than anyone) when he was linked with us after Wenger was sacked but fuck me we would have been 1000 times better off with him than Emery.

He has Leicester playing a high tempo, super brand of football this season compared to our lethargic snail paced drivel and they are going to be a serious threat for top 4 this year.

Going second tonight. :shock:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:34 pm
Everyone on here turned their nose up at Brenda (me more than anyone) when he was linked with us after Wenger was sacked but fuck me we would have been 1000 times better off with him than Emery.

He has Leicester playing a high tempo, super brand of football this season compared to our lethargic snail paced drivel and they are going to be a serious threat for top 4 this year.

Going second tonight. :shock:
Well I was one of those that said he'd do a decent job and his record at Leicester is awesome, problem is now that manu will get him in January.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I’ve seen a few of their games this season Lefty and they’re at it every time, pressing from the off and never giving the opposition time or space on the ball. There’s a very clear game plan and everyone knows their role in it and to top it off they play an attractive style of football.

Then I watch our lot and there’s fuck all urgency or press, no game plan, a chasm between our midfield and attack and fucking nobody seems to know what they’re meant to be doing and it’s shit to watch.

I’m pining for Brenda.....fucking hell :banghead:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:02 pm
I’ve seen a few of their games this season Lefty and they’re at it every time, pressing from the off and never giving the opposition time or space on the ball. There’s a very clear game plan and everyone knows their role in it and to top it off they play an attractive style of football.

Then I watch our lot and there’s fuck all urgency or press, no game plan, a chasm between our midfield and attack and fucking nobody seems to know what they’re meant to be doing and it’s shit to watch.

:lol:

I feel your pain brother.

I knew when he went there he'd make a difference, I know some will say he won a piss easy league in sweaty town but he's the real deal and would have our squad competing at the top for sure.

oaodan

Post by oaodan »

Yep,could we not have gone with a guy that doesn't try to reinvent the game.Shoulda been worried from start after Emery got job because of a great interview.And interview was in Spanish I presume, probably a whole lot of misunderstandings in translation given shite running our club. Looks like that now anyhow.

As I said before good chance we will be in Leicester in Summer with compensation cheque.

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:

Only thing I will say to counter that, is that (with the exception pf chav vardy and snake Schmeichel) they are a team without egos and notions of themselves - they are hungry to be successful all the time, where as our prima donna c.unts think that they are already successful :roll: :censored:

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

How long has Rodgers been at Leicester..............6 months?? Emery has had about 18 months.
The difference in the 2 teams is massive.
How long do we give Emery?????

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Funny how we could have had Leicester's two CBs at our place and we would probably have been better off with them instead of our pair of clowns.

Said before that I rate Ndidi - he's the guy that does all the graft in their midfield and does it pretty effectively.

How many Leicester players would get into our starting eleven. Once upon a time you'd have laughed at that question.....not anymore.

augie

Post by augie »

SPARKSY wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:24 am
How long has Rodgers been at Leicester..............6 months?? Emery has had about 18 months.

To answer your second question first ……….. I would say that emery has had long enough - if we were in a European league I would probably hold off until the winter break to make the change, but cos we don't have a break I would pull the trigger after the next poor performance.

Re comparing our situation to Leicester's, can I just point out that they have SEVEN players in their squad that have won a premier league (and one or 2 players that have won leagues elsewhere - that is by now means me putting up a defence of emery, but is more about pointing out that they have players with the proven characters of winners, whilst we have players who have no idea what it takes to be winners cos they are that fcuking arrogant that they think that they know it all :evil: Let me also say that they have a manager that is familiar with the premier league (and almost won it), and knows what is necessary.

Like I say, that isnt a defence of emery or the players cos they dont deserve it, but am merely pointing out that this "plucky/little leicester" bulls.hit is misplaced and dismissive of what they actually have

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

augie wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:39 am
SPARKSY wrote:

To answer your second question first ……….. I would say that emery has had long enough - if we were in a European league I would probably hold off until the winter break to make the change, but cos we don't have a break I would pull the trigger after the next poor performance.

Re comparing our situation to Leicester's, can I just point out that they have SEVEN players in their squad that have won a premier league (and one or 2 players that have won leagues elsewhere - that is by now means me putting up a defence of emery, but is more about pointing out that they have players with the proven characters of winners, whilst we have players who have no idea what it takes to be winners cos they are that fcuking arrogant that they think that they know it all :evil: Let me also say that they have a manager that is familiar with the premier league (and almost won it), and knows what is necessary.

Like I say, that isnt a defence of emery or the players cos they dont deserve it, but am merely pointing out that this "plucky/little leicester" bulls.hit is misplaced and dismissive of what they actually have
Whatever Leicester have, its better than us. A set of players that know what they are doing, a manager who knows what he is doing and a way of playing that is far more adventurous than ours.
A net spend of around £17m and having sold their best defender.
I think we both agree in a round about way :wink:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Our season so far - goals for 13, goals against 12.

Pretty much sums it all up really, slogging it out from one game to the next home and away no matter the opposition.

augie

Post by augie »

SPARKSY wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:56 am
augie wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:39 am
SPARKSY wrote:

Whatever Leicester have, its better than us. A set of players that know what they are doing, a manager who knows what he is doing and a way of playing that is far more adventurous than ours.
A net spend of around £17m and having sold their best defender.
I think we both agree in a round about way :wink:

Absolutely I agree - the point I was making is that some Gooners are saying how embarrassing it is to be behind Leicester, and I am saying that they have more experienced winners than us, and players with a better attitude than ours.
Also the net spend was helped by manure spunking out ridiculous money on an average carthorse :lol: :lol:

Blim

Post by Blim »

If Emery fecks up today the long knives will be out for him and rightly so. :wink:

Blim

Post by Blim »

augie wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:17 pm
rodders999 wrote:

Only thing I will say to counter that, is that (with the exception pf chav vardy and snake Schmeichel) they are a team without egos and notions of themselves - they are hungry to be successful all the time, where as our prima donna c.unts think that they are already successful :roll: :censored:
Spot on with that assessment. :bowing21: