Unai Emery

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
GoonerMuzz

Re: Unai Emery

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Cheery bastard at work just pointed out to me we are close to 17th as we are to 4th...... :banghead:

The issue is, and this comes from someone vehemently anti-UE, who is available to replace him?

Even if Freddie took over as Caretake, it still doesn't guarantee anyone better is available between now and next summer. The list of prospective candidates especially with the way the finances are run at this club is slim to say the least :rubchin:

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:16 pm
SPARKSY wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:20 pm
The change will come soon. I think we all agree we ain't beating Leicester, so that's 9 points behind them.
The club must be looking at the teams coming up in Dec.............West Ham away, City, Everton away, United and Chelsea.
We need to have a manager in place to make us competitive in those 5 or top 4 is well and truly a distant dream.
no I think that we have a very good chance up there.
Is Gunner Rob really a pseudonym for Unai Emery??

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:52 pm
Cheery bastard at work just pointed out to me we are close to 17th as we are to 4th...... :banghead:

The issue is, and this comes from someone vehemently anti-UE, who is available to replace him?

Even if Freddie took over as Caretake, it still doesn't guarantee anyone better is available between now and next summer. The list of prospective candidates especially with the way the finances are run at this club is slim to say the least :rubchin:

Tbh I would pity Freddie if he was asked to try and hold down the fort until the end of the season. Until this club invests some money in a couple of proper CBs and a proper DM we are going nowhere. Stop pissing money on every position apart from the ones we really need. We can probably live with Sokratis but he needed a partner in the summer window not Luiz and Torreira is never going to cut it as a DM in the PL. We've got a couple of decent fullbacks when they are both fit and a quality CB should have been added early doors not left to a last minute opportunistic gamble on another chav has been. Ffs learn a lesson Arsenal will you.

But in fairness that's only half the story as Dick has shown he is completely incapable of organising a team to defend. I'm fed up to the back teeth of watching the opposition walk through our midfield at will and running straight on to our defence. Sometimes our midfield likes to kid on that they are tracking back but that's usually just an act. He's wenker-lite, he's Mr 4 - 3, he's out of his depth and it's clear for all to see apart from our useless owners who will no doubt be far too slow to act.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Gooner_Sam wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:59 pm
With full regard given to the other comments given already on this thread recently, and with a risk of looking like a self-indulgent twat, I feel I must give my two cents to this platform because I am tearing my hair out.

Some commented at the weekend through forums and social media platforms that ‘I just expect it now, It used to be disappointing but now it’s the norm’ is a defeatist comment I can no longer relate to. Why is it now the norm? I, like everyone else felt a huge sense of relief when Wenger stood down and we were to enter a new era, albeit without champions league football but with a clean slate. The future of our club was left in the hands of a big, bald fraud who has no real interest in football but in lining his own pockets and may have felt that a successful manager would help him line his big bulging pockets even further with a fat bonus check after a potential return to champions league football. Though it didn’t happen.

Why didn’t it happen? Because we have a manager, sorry ‘head coach’ who can’t ‘coach’ a football team. He can’t get his point across regarding the style of football he wants and can’t communicate effectively to the club and its fans where he wants to take us. The decisions made over the last few games have been laughable. I would love to laugh at us but I can’t because I’m so stupidly invested in this irritating circus of a football club and the ring leader is Emery.

That’s where the buck stops. He has continued to play Granit Xhaka despite him stinking up the place every week, instead of the Torreira and Guendouzi double pivot which has worked and would work (or maybe not, but bloody give it a go), he picks a lanky holding midfielder who does nothing of the sort. He continues to pick a centre back pairing of Sokratis and Luiz despite countless pieces of evidence that it doesn’t work.

We needed a goal on Saturday so he brought on Kolasinac (who is woeful) when we had a player worth 72 million of your great British pounds stewing on the bench, he wanted to keep hold of a point. A point at home to a very below par and beatable Wolves team, But why not put Kolasinac on at 1-0 up, why wait till 1-1? Why not keep hold of all 3 points?

We have no midfield, no creativity and a defence that are like rabbits in a HGV headlight. There is no composure and no style of play we can get on board with, we can’t see what he is trying to do. We conceded 25 shots on goal at home on Saturday, despite whoever that is, that is unacceptable.

We go to Vitoria on Wednesday to play a game that kicks off after breakfast and why? Because we (Arsenal Football Club) lost 4-1 in a European final. That should have been it, that should have been the trigger being pulled. We don’t have a great record in European finals as we all know to our great regret and upset but that was the final straw for me. After blowing it at home to Palace and drawing to bloody Brighton (who later sacked their manager and who were safe from relegation at kick off).

The club should have expected an excellent start to this term, but we sit 1 point above Sheffield United and 6 off of top 4. A defeat this weekend means top 4 is all but gone.

Don’t wait till then, pull the gun on him now and fire. Why gamble on him losing again? Gamble now, it might still be defeat but it might mean we later pull something out of this season that benefits us, as a club in future.

Emery out, now now now.

Nothing self-indulgent from where I'm sitting, all makes perfect sense.

Anyway, even if you were a "self-indulgent twat", you'd be completely at home on this forum ! :lol: :wink:
Last edited by Retro Gunner on Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
SPARKSY wrote:
The change will come soon. I think we all agree we ain't beating Leicester, so that's 9 points behind them.
The club must be looking at the teams coming up in Dec.............West Ham away, City, Everton away, United and Chelsea.
We need to have a manager in place to make us competitive in those 5 or top 4 is well and truly a distant dream.
Fucking hell Rob, I admire your optimism, but exactly what is it based upon ??!

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

We're in real trouble, I think I said that yesterday. Clearly, Emery is not the man and is confused and lost, as well as seeming to have lost the dressing room. I feel for him, but there's no way back and he needs replacing.

Trouble is, we are no longer a draw for elite managers and certainly not with the lack of funds, or unwillingness to spend....I know we spent in the Summer, but that seems to have been on HP !!.......and the puppet coach style set up. That only leaves us with the option of a tired old hand like Mourinho, an established but second rater (that's what we thought we got with Emery), or we take a chance on a promising young guy. In fairness to SteveO, I do get his point that fans in this country get carried away with a young German or Spanish coach etc, who has made something of a name at a smaller club and looks set for the step up, but the English equivalent gets derided. That doesn't make sense. We ain't gonna get an elite manager, even if one were available, so we better get used to the idea of taking a chance....sad but true I fear.

Anyway, the one name no one has mentioned is Dennis Bergkamp. Call it hero worship, but I'd take him tomorrow and certainly over Freddie, Paddy etc. He's had coaching experience at Ajax and would instantly get respect from players and fans alike, the minute he walked through the door. Sure, no guarantees, but if we're taking a chance, surely he's as good as any ?

John F

Post by John F »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:19 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:24 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:42 pm
Chris Wilder - promoted through 2 divisions, 7th in the league. Dinosaur

Sean Dyche - smallest budget in the PL every year, promotion, quality for Europa League, consistent well organised PL team. Dinosaur

Ronald Koeman, Slaven Bilic, Marco Silva - handful of wins. Geniuses. Give them all the next big job in town

If social media existed in 1986 I'd love to have seen the string of comments on here when we were considering appointing GG. Dinosaur

If there had been a Portuguese or Dutch bloke that had won promotion with their equivalent of Millwall however they'd all be perfect for the job

Anyway.....most of this club's modern fan base truly deserve Wenger back in charge as caretaker and one of the knobs I've listed above on a 5 year deal
OK calm down Billy Brexit, we get it, you want a British manager rather than dirty old Johnny Foreigner huh?

:D :wink:

Piss take apart there is none of those managers you named that I'd like to see at our place. But especially not Cum Gargler Dyche. Classic big man for the small job, just like Moyes Curbishly Martinez Billic Redkrapp Fat Sam Pubis etc.
I just want the best manager for the job mate and couldn't give a fuck if he's English, Portuguese, German, or even a fucking Martian but I'd rather judge him on what they can do rather than rule them out of hand because they aren't 'cool' enough like good old Marco Silva......I thought Mark Hughes was lucky landing PL jobs but this c.unt takes the biscuit.

I'd even considering taking an Oirish manager*

* although struggling to think of one who isn't tarmacking a drive or walking his dog permanently :D :D :wink:
Iain Dowie is available :D

augie

Post by augie »

I'm sure this isn't directly related to emery per se, but I didn't know where else to post it

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/10276318 ... t-academy/

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

John F wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:37 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

Sean Dyche - smallest budget in the PL every year, promotion, quality for Europa League, consistent well organised PL team. Dinosaur

Ronald Koeman, Slaven Bilic, Marco Silva - handful of wins. Geniuses. Give them all the next big job in town

If social media existed in 1986 I'd love to have seen the string of comments on here when we were considering appointing GG. Dinosaur

If there had been a Portuguese or Dutch bloke that had won promotion with their equivalent of Millwall however they'd all be perfect for the job

Anyway.....most of this club's modern fan base truly deserve Wenger back in charge as caretaker and one of the knobs I've listed above on a 5 year deal
OK calm down Billy Brexit, we get it, you want a British manager rather than dirty old Johnny Foreigner huh?

Piss take apart there is none of those managers you named that I'd like to see at our place. But especially not Cum Gargler Dyche. Classic big man for the small job, just like Moyes Curbishly Martinez Billic Redkrapp Fat Sam Pubis etc.
I just want the best manager for the job mate and couldn't give a fuck if he's English, Portuguese, German, or even a fucking Martian but I'd rather judge him on what they can do rather than rule them out of hand because they aren't 'cool' enough like good old Marco Silva......I thought Mark Hughes was lucky landing PL jobs but this c.unt takes the biscuit.

* although struggling to think of one who isn't tarmacking a drive or walking his dog permanently :D :D :wink:
Iain Dowie is available :D
:shock:

Nah, Halloweens over mate :lol:

Midz

Post by Midz »

augie wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:41 pm
I'm sure this isn't directly related to emery per se, but I didn't know where else to post it

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/10276318 ... t-academy/
It's good to see they're no longer stagnant.

Midz

Post by Midz »

https://metro.co.uk/2019/11/04/arsenal- ... -11040831/

Finally!!

Someone reports that Arsenal are interested in Allegri.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Midz wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:26 pm
https://metro.co.uk/2019/11/04/arsenal- ... -11040831/

Finally!!

Someone reports that Arsenal are interested in Allegri.
:lol:

Yup an unattributed, self declared gossip piece by the Metro stating the bleeding obvious which also include the musings of super Kev to AFTV.

It's a start, we'll take it :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:21 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
SPARKSY wrote:
Fucking hell Rob, I admire your optimism, but exactly what is it based upon ??!
Unfortunately Bergkamp has already said he doesn't fancy managing. He likes coaching, being on the staff, working with the players in that roll.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

Begorrah!! :shock:

Dave O'Leary anyone....? :lol: :wink:

I'm joking you fuckers. Jesus am I joking!

augie

Post by augie »

Maybe Ancelotti could be prised away from Napoli if there is tension with their president :rubchin:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... -salzburg/