Unai Emery

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: Unai Emery

Post by SteveO 35 »

I see Brain of Britain, Paul Merson, has piped up and climbed aboard the Brenda bandwagon

https://metro.co.uk/2019/11/05/paul-mer ... -11044980/

Must look up Mr Bitter's managerial record at Walsall again....

Hopefully the 5 year contract he's recommending would be enough for Rodgers to win a trophy, given that he couldn't do it in 3 and a bit years at the Mickeys despite having Suarez, Sterling and Gerrard

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

I have never advocated Rodgers but he would have been a better option to take the club forward as an interim / transitional manager than Dick has so far proved, well failed, to be. He has us playing dog shit football most weeks and are dare I say it we appear to be going backwards under him and there is no sign of him getting his shit together. He's been here a season and a half and he still doesn't know his best team and he has 5 - no make that 4 captains. I bet Rodgers could have surpassed that.

We can knock the Brendas of the footballing world but we are going to end up with that standard of appointment when the board finally work out that Dick is out of his depth. Much as I would like to see a manager with the experience and nous of an Allegri or Ancelloti, the fact of the matter is that we are not going to be able to land one when they sit down and talk team rebuilding money with wiggy - they'll be straight out the door.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I never want shit like Rodgers managing Arsenal. Yeah he probably could do better than Dick has done. But my dead granny could fucking do better than Dick has done. Just being slightly less shit and inept than Dick is not good enough.

We are The Arsenal and despite some of the pathetic self flagelation that often goes on in this forum we are one of the true giants of world football and we should be breaking our balls and the fucking bank to get a top world class manager.

And I don't want to hear "but no top manager would come to us because we have no player budget" and then in the next breath fuckers excusing the wig molesting cùnt that misowns us.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:17 pm
I never want shit like Rodgers managing Arsenal. Yeah he probably could do better than Dick has done. But my dead granny could fucking do better than Dick has done. Just being slightly less shit and inept than Dick is not good enough.

We are The Arsenal and despite some of the pathetic self flagelation that often goes on in this forum we are one of the true giants of world football and we should be breaking our balls and the fucking bank to get a top world class manager.

And I don't want to hear "but no top manager would come to us because we have no player budget" and then in the next breath fuckers excusing the wig molesting cùnt that misowns us.
Yeah that's right :barscarf: :barscarf:

We are one of the true giants of football........we just happen to be on a break right now cos we have a dodgy squad and no player budget :lol:

We could write another letter to the owners :roll:

Judean People's Front moment :lol:

At the moment we are the equivalent of some has been B lister giving it the old do you know who I am routine. Sad but true.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:39 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:17 pm

Yeah that's right :barscarf: :barscarf:

We are one of the true giants of football........we just happen to be on a break right now cos we have a dodgy squad and no player budget :lol:

We could write another letter to the owners :roll:

Judean People's Front moment :lol:

At the moment we are the equivalent of some has been B lister giving it the old do you know who I am routine. Sad but true.
Don't you mean the Peoples Front Of Judea !??? :D

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Rather Mourinho than Rodgers.

clummo123

Post by clummo123 »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:39 pm
I'd rather Emery than Mourinho :shock: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

clummo123 wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:03 pm
I'd rather no manager at all than Moron-hio. :lol:

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:34 pm
I see Brain of Britain, Paul Merson, has piped up and climbed aboard the Brenda bandwagon

https://metro.co.uk/2019/11/05/paul-mer ... -11044980/

Must look up Mr Bitter's managerial record at Walsall again....

Hopefully the 5 year contract he's recommending would be enough for Rodgers to win a trophy, given that he couldn't do it in 3 and a bit years at the Mickeys despite having Suarez, Sterling and Gerrard
What Merse says is true. The only thing he gets wrong is thinking Rodgers would want to leave Leicester to come to Arsenal.

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

If Mourinho gets us winning again, he's ok by me. I've had enough of this shit we've seen for the past 5 years or more.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

bottom line here is that Kroenke has still not invested a penny of his multi billion dollar wealth into the club and still won't however shit we become.
there is no ambition at the club other than try and get top 4, and so as far as the club is concerned Emery is doing fine.

we are top of the Europa league group and 5th in the table. He isn't going anywhere.

augie

Post by augie »

clummo123 wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:03 pm

I'd rather wenker than moaninho and this is coming from somebody who spent the last decade begging for wenker to be sacked

augie

Post by augie »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:56 am
bottom line here is that Kroenke has still not invested a penny of his multi billion dollar wealth into the club and still won't however shit we become.
there is no ambition at the club other than try and get top 4, and so as far as the club is concerned Emery is doing fine.

we are top of the Europa league group and 5th in the table. He isn't going anywhere.

Dunno if I agree with that - they are well aware of the scrutiny that emery is under right now, but not one word from the club supporting him :o

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

We have a nightmare of games in December.

Norwich A
West Ham A
Man City H
Everton A
Bournemouth A
United H
Chelsea H

Does anyone seriously see many points out of that run of games, as it stands.
If Emery is not gone before, then he will be afterwards

augie

Post by augie »

augie wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:06 pm
Maybe Ancelotti could be prised away from Napoli if there is tension with their president :rubchin:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... -salzburg/

The papers this morning are suggesting that Ancelotti could be sacked or resign over his unwillingness to force the players to return to that "training camp" :rubchin:

Despite what some think, I still dont believe that allegri is gettable (although we should absolutely go after him with a full court press), but having a back up option of ancelotti would be ok