Unai Emery

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Almunia is a clown

Re: Unai Emery

Post by Almunia is a clown »

Most clubs have a combination of directors who will act on dismissing a failing manager, and / or a properly motivated fanbase who will protest and demand radical change. Sometimes even at the same time. :barscarf:

The Wiggy Spacebowl Cannons has neither, fans that refuse to protest in the numbers required to force managers out, nor a ownership & hierarchy that will act in the ruthless manner required when needed. :banghead:

So Emery stays to the end of the season. We get what we deserve. Where are ANY of the fan groups, yet again they sit procrastinating, whilst the club is in total crisis. :cussing:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Here's an interesting take on things from former Goonerette Karen Carney:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50394565

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

The man is a fu.cking idiot :lol: Plays Xhaka without fail and claims that Torreira has to improve - it's worth a read just to get you in the mood for the footy :banghead: :banghead:

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/footbal ... ier-League

And no Dick we don't want a DM who is offensive we want a DM who is defensive you 'I'd rather win 4 - 3 clown'.

John F

Post by John F »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:11 am
The man is a fu.cking idiot :lol: Plays Xhaka without fail and claims that Torreira has to improve - it's worth a read just to get you in the mood for the footy :banghead: :banghead:

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/footbal ... ier-League

And no Dick we don't want a DM who is offensive we want a DM who is defensive you 'I'd rather win 4 - 3 clown'.
I just read that and the man is just clueless and what movies did he show him, the charge of the light brigade.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Emery from todays Metro.....

Asked why Torreira hadn’t been featuring as a conventional defensive midfielder ahead of Saturday’s must-win match against Southampton, Emery said: ‘But what is a defensive midfielder?

Then below goes on to mention Defensive midfieler role

‘We need that position for the capacity to build up, it’s a big responsibility. ‘He needs to achieve confidence, achieve more matches and more experience to take the confidence to do that. ‘He can play as a defensive midfielder but we need a defensive midfielder [to be] offensive because the build up for us is very important.

Ah yes got it...the build up...like Xaha does :rubchin:

Seems a decent guy but really he is on £5million a year for doing this!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

So. Basically Emery is Completely Feckin' Tonto!. :?

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Redarmy wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:37 am

Asked why Torreira hadn’t been featuring as a conventional defensive midfielder ahead of Saturday’s must-win match against Southampton, Emery said: ‘But what is a defensive midfielder?

‘We need that position for the capacity to build up, it’s a big responsibility. ‘He needs to achieve confidence, achieve more matches and more experience to take the confidence to do that. ‘He can play as a defensive midfielder but we need a defensive midfielder [to be] offensive because the build up for us is very important.

Fuck I thought that was a post from a certain poster on here.. :rubchin: I was tempted to scroll past it then I realised it wasn't him :oops: Emery is a fucking anus :| hence the new moniker "El Reenghole" the man is just a spanish version of le bumhole :oops:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

falkirk goon wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:35 am
Redarmy wrote:

Fuck I thought that was a post from a certain poster on here.. :rubchin: I was tempted to scroll past it then I realised it wasn't him :oops: Emery is a fucking anus :| hence the new moniker "El Reenghole" the man is just a spanish version of le bumhole :oops:

Who's the certain poster, I've 2 in mind :rubchin:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:17 pm
falkirk goon wrote:
Redarmy wrote:

His name begins with the last letter in the alphabet :D

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

falkirk goon wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:48 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
falkirk goon wrote:
Redarmy wrote:

OK, he was 1 of the 2 I had in mind. :lol:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:57 pm
falkirk goon wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:
falkirk goon wrote:
Redarmy wrote:

:lol: who was the other :rubchin:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

falkirk goon wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:01 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:57 pm
falkirk goon wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:
falkirk goon wrote:

:lol: who was the other :rubchin:

PMed you

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

falkirk goon wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:
falkirk goon wrote:
Redarmy wrote:

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Is this him?

He looks very mysterious!

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

falkirk goon wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:
falkirk goon wrote:
Redarmy wrote:

Damn I was gonna say the first letter :roll: :lol:

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

''Sanllehi and Edu just walked through the mixed zone, clearly having been in the changing room, with faces like thunder.'' - Charles Watts (@charles_watts)