Unai Emery

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Eboue-Why?

Re: Unai Emery

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Step wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 9:25 pm
Welcome Dick Emerates.

Hopefully you're not awful and we'll like ya.
‘Dad, Dad...I fink I got it wrong again’

(Step and I are obviously both approaching retirement)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Slightly worrying that he is a big Wenger fan and calls Wenger "inspiring". The 5-4 comment sets my nerves a jangling too.... :worried:

But in fairness even if he is a fan and a believer in the "Wenger style" then who's to say he won't actually coach it correctly and we start to consistently play the fantastic attacking football we have only seen glimpses of over the last few years? Fingers crossed.

Still a part of me cannot quite believe the dreadful latter Wenger years are finally over.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 6:03 am
Slightly worrying that he is a big Wenger fan and calls Wenger "inspiring". The 5-4 comment sets my nerves a jangling too.... :worried:

But in fairness even if he is a fan and a believer in the "Wenger style" then who's to say he won't actually coach it correctly and we start to consistently play the fantastic attacking football we have only seen glimpses of over the last few years? Fingers crossed.

Still a part of me cannot quite believe the dreadful latter Wenger years are finally over.
To be honest I fully expected him to pay respects to Wenger, Gazidis probably told him to do so also. That is a token thing to do and I wouldn't see it as anything more.
In his relatively poor English and in a few minutes he showed more passion and understanding of the game , rather than the product, than Wenger has in ten or so years.
If he doesn't work out then he can be moved on The Wenger strangulation years at Arsenal are over. The club should no longer be ruled in such a manner. There is an air of liberation about Arsenal....pity about the shirts though.

The Arsenal Way

Post by The Arsenal Way »

I wonder who he will appoint club captain? :hmmthink:
Honestly don't know who has the cajonas for it.
Or who is gobby enough.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Comedy Iwobi...say hello to my little friend -

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

This is going to be a busy time in the transfer market as I cannot see one player that mirrors the new manager, Sanchez maybe, but Wenger got rid of that passion and did not fit in with the lazy bastards!
He must know they are lazy caaants, Ozils days could be numbered with his constant sabbaticals...
The only saving grace is that the manager and assistants will be employing one big fucking broom to get rid of Wengers dynasty and get his own in...
That fucker left us in a right state, he should have been shot :cussing:

brucers

Re: Welcome Unai Emery (Dick)

Post by brucers »

1989 wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 12:53 pm
brucers wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 11:38 am
'Unai to the Arsenal' as a song might go.

Good appointment given our limited funds offering. Hear he improves players.....plenty of scope there. Could have the effect of minimising need for new players. Many of our current squad under performed with Wenger and seemed good players at their previous clubs.

I like that he is the same age as Potty at Spurs but with more trophies to his name!

He will improve us if his record continues...a definite step forward.

Hardly a feat is it..."Potty's" career trophy haul is exactly the total sum of fuck all.
A lighthearted comment and of course the Spursys I chat with won't like it.

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Can’t believe this thread. Has Wenger really gone??!! :D :barscarf:

JimmyAFC

Post by JimmyAFC »

Eboue-Why? wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 8:17 am
Can’t believe this thread. Has Wenger really gone??!! :D :barscarf:
Unfortunately...yes.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post by 1989 »

The Arsenal Way wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 6:48 am
I wonder who he will appoint club captain? :hmmthink:
Honestly don't know who has the cajonas for it.
Or who is gobby enough.

:D

LeftfootlegendGooner

Re: Welcome Unai Emery (Dick)

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 12:34 pm
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 8:33 am
Confirmed on ssn :barscarf:
Already a thread EwokTard. Merged. :censored:
Don't worry me ol hobbit, you only have time on the tube to look at this site as you have only mentioned a thousand times :roll: Meanwhile :barscarf: :wink: :lol:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Bradywasking wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 6:37 am
If he doesn't work out then he can be moved on The Wenger strangulation years at Arsenal are over. The club should no longer be ruled in such a manner.
spot on mate. I hope he works out, but if he doesn't then we get someone else in, but the slow death spiral we were in with boring football, losses to poor teams and constant excuses, is over.

we are about to see how most of these players can do with a bit of coaching and its an exciting time - the dire predictability of it all is gone.

the old Arsenal used to come flying out of the gate the first game. I hope to see that again - all the players energized and focused, fit but rested.

I'm literally excited - checking the news every few hours to see if there are any new comments from him, more appoitnments etc

:barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I guess my point is I'm hoping he is a roaring success and we don't have to go into that mode of a different failure of a manager every year like the scum have done up until poxychinos.... it would also be great to shut the fucking AKB cultists up. Christ some of hhe moronic shite they are spouting on the interwebs is embarrassing beyond belief..... :oops:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

if/when Emery does well, the AKB's will give credit to the ex-manager :banghead:

I would like 5th this season.

next year top four.

and above spurs in both cases :lol:

and no more hammerings from city, united, mickeys and chavs. 0-0 or 1-1 will suit me just fine.

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

Wenger has already been slippery about any new managers success, saying we are only 2 or 3 players away as if he's laid the foundations, we were 37 points away from the title, that's how far away we are not just 2 or 3 players.

Emery is going to have to get those players to forget Wengers ways and methods to have any chance of success It's not just 2 or 3 players.