Unai Emery

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mcdowell42

Re: Unai Emery

Post by mcdowell42 »

Highlights from David Ornstein’s Q&A on The Athletic:
• Emery is on a 3yr deal, not a 2+1yr deal, as per multiple sources
• this season’s outcome is massive for Emery’s future
• If CL qualification is not achieved, other factors (team trajectory, etc) will be considered. #AFC https://t.co/L2CY8suglM

Midz

Post by Midz »

I don't mind Mr Emery but let's think about if we don't qualify for CL next year then who are we really gonna replace him with?

augie

Post by augie »

My man

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... r-backing/

Of all the former players of our's that are managers these days, Paddy is the one I would really like to see being manager of The Arsenal in the future :barscarf:

Blim

Post by Blim »

Midz wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:06 pm
I don't mind Mr Emery but let's think about if we don't qualify for CL next year then who are we really gonna replace him with?
Freddy ?

augie

Post by augie »

Blim wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:25 am
Midz wrote:
Freddy ?

Again another man with ZERO managerial experience

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Blim wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:25 am
Midz wrote:
Freddy ?
That's the cheap option box ticked so he's in with a chance.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

So there is no "break clause" hmmm, that means KSE will have to sack him if he's to leave next summer, well if he doesn't get top 4 they better do it, I wouldn't put money on it though..

:roll:

Blim

Post by Blim »

Read somewhere Pat would be interested at some point.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

I was thinking that maybe Freddy would be the "next George Graham". Apart from having a brilliant rapport with the young English players, who would have thought that Stroller would turn out to the manager he became? Freddie has similar credentials to Graham. Maybe, he should take over at Millwall for the rest of the season to get some experience.
Although, a Vieira, Freddie, DB10 and TH14 coaching staff would be bloody amazing as they truly did carry on The Arsenal torch passed on to them by Adams, Keown, Wrighty, Parlour and of course Pat Rice. I 'd throw in Dave Seaman as GK coach as he learnt from Bob Wilson another Arsenal stalwart and pioneering GK coach.

Although the team is heading for a top 4 finish. We should've finished there last season and we are a much stronger team this season. Regardless of Emery's coaching skills the squads quality and depth is only behind Man City and Liverpool.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Give Freddie the job till end of season, can't take anymore of this clown.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

^^^this 1,000% ^^^

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Emery's new car

oaodan

Post by oaodan »

Given way club is run, after Leicester finish 6 points ahead of us, we will pay off Emery and pay compensation to Leicester for Rogers. We were shopping in tier 2 managers,thought at the time Rogers was best bet.He'd be far better than this shit.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

The only thing different about late-Wenger era Arsenal and Emery's Arsenal is that the latter has added the evidenty calamitous element of playing it out from the back.

fatbloater78

Post by fatbloater78 »

I would always prefer to give a manager some time but I can't see any changes happening within the team or club.
I can't say I was over the moon in the first place with Emery's appointment I feel he was given the job because he can be controlled by the board and will basically do what they want with regards to transfers ect, but the biggest thing for me is just over a year on I honestly don't feel we have progressed at all our defence is still abysmal and now we lack any creativity in midfield our DM's can't defend and I honestly don't have a clue what Emery's tactics and we lack shape.