Unai Emery

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Gunner Rob

Re: Unai Emery

Post by Gunner Rob »

SPARKSY wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:35 am
We have a nightmare of games in December.

Norwich A
West Ham A
Man City H
Everton A
Bournemouth A
United H
Chelsea H

Does anyone seriously see many points out of that run of games, as it stands.
If Emery is not gone before, then he will be afterwards
Norwich A win
West Ham A win
Man City H narrow defeat
Everton A draw
Bournemouth A draw
United H win
Chelsea H draw

augie

Post by augie »

SPARKSY wrote:

Norwich A
West Ham A
Man City H
Everton A
Bournemouth A
United H
Chelsea H

In December the chavs have city, everton, the scum and us all away from home - the only top 4 contenders they have played so far has been the victims and Leicester at home (got 1pt) and manure away (beaten), but yet some are in w.ank-a-thon mode over their fat manager and "brilliant young players" :roll:

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

From The Atheletic:

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Emery looks like he's seen the eternal footman holding his coat and snickering.

clummo123

Post by clummo123 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:44 am
SPARKSY wrote:

Norwich A
West Ham A
Man City H
Everton A
Bournemouth A
United H
Chelsea H

Norwich A win
West Ham A win
Man City H narrow defeat
Everton A draw
Bournemouth A draw
United H win
Chelsea H draw
You really are an optimist Rob. Good luck with that lot mate but I wouldn't be visiting a bookie with those predictions. :lol:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

clummo123 wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:34 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
SPARKSY wrote:

Norwich A
West Ham A
Man City H
Everton A
Bournemouth A
United H
Chelsea H

Norwich A win
West Ham A win
Man City H narrow defeat
Everton A draw
Bournemouth A draw
United H win
Chelsea H draw
You really are an optimist Rob. Good luck with that lot mate but I wouldn't be visiting a bookie with those predictions. :lol:

:lol: :lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

He has to go hopelessly out of his depth, defence hasn't improved, baffling substitutions, baffling team selection, will give him credit for moving on some of the dross we had.

Now the 64 m question is who do we get to replace him, everyone has their own ideas, some of us will agree with each other some won't, but we can't in the latter part of wenger reign lambast the AKBS for the who else is out there reasoning while using the same reasoning for not getting rid of emery.

As some have mentioned on here earlier in the thread why not the manager of wolves, he speaks fluent English, he knows the PL, got wolves into Europe (think he got them promoted too, but not 100% sure) playing decent football, some of the players he brought into wolves are decent.

clummo123

Post by clummo123 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:26 pm
He has to go hopelessly out of his depth, defence hasn't improved, baffling substitutions, baffling team selection, will give him credit for moving on some of the dross we had.

Now the 64 m question is who do we get to replace him, everyone has their own ideas, some of us will agree with each other some won't, but we can't in the latter part of wenger reign lambast the AKBS for the who else is out there reasoning while using the same reasoning for not getting rid of emery.

As some have mentioned on here earlier in the thread why not the manager of wolves, he speaks fluent English, he knows the PL, got wolves into Europe (think he got them promoted too, but not 100% sure) playing decent football, some of the players he brought into wolves are decent.
I like Espirito Santo, think he's a very decent manager/coach. Not sure I'd want us to take a punt on him at this stage though tbh. My opinion is we need an Ancelloti, Hiddink type on a short contract to sort this mess out and then go from there.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:52 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:39 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:17 pm
I never want shit like Rodgers managing Arsenal. Yeah he probably could do better than Dick has done. But my dead granny could fucking do better than Dick has done. Just being slightly less shit and inept than Dick is not good enough.

We are The Arsenal and despite some of the pathetic self flagelation that often goes on in this forum we are one of the true giants of world football and we should be breaking our balls and the fucking bank to get a top world class manager.

And I don't want to hear "but no top manager would come to us because we have no player budget" and then in the next breath fuckers excusing the wig molesting cùnt that misowns us.
Yeah that's right :barscarf: :barscarf:

We are one of the true giants of football........we just happen to be on a break right now cos we have a dodgy squad and no player budget :lol:

We could write another letter to the owners :roll:

Judean People's Front moment :lol:

At the moment we are the equivalent of some has been B lister giving it the old do you know who I am routine. Sad but true.
Don't you mean the Peoples Front Of Judea !??? :D
:lol:

Right time for a meeting :lol:

Clash

Post by Clash »

clummo123 wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:35 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:

I like Espirito Santo, think he's a very decent manager/coach. Not sure I'd want us to take a punt on him at this stage though tbh. My opinion is we need an Ancelloti, Hiddink type on a short contract to sort this mess out and then go from there.
Agreed Clummo. Its time as a club we tried something more conventional. Just getting the basics right again will be a step in the right direction and although no manager guarantees success, the likes of Ancelotti are the more conventional type and they have proved themselves over a long period of time.

I just long for a manager who is sensible. Someone who picks the best players available, plays them in their best positions and then chooses the best formation to go with that.

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:

Without wishing to sound like the senile old French cock, there isn't a level playing field there - it isn't financial doping as such, but one of the main shareholders is the portugese agent (mendes I think), and he has been able to get in his own portugese players (neves for example) for an absolute song knowing that he can build up their value through the premier league. It has meant that wolves (and their manager) has had better players to work with than any previous wolves manager - I get that he still has to utilise those players (something emery hasn't done), but the notion that wolves and Leicester are plucky little clubs over-performing is mis-placed imo

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

augie wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:39 am
augie wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:06 pm
Maybe Ancelotti could be prised away from Napoli if there is tension with their president :rubchin:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... -salzburg/

The papers this morning are suggesting that Ancelotti could be sacked or resign over his unwillingness to force the players to return to that "training camp" :rubchin:

Despite what some think, I still dont believe that allegri is gettable (although we should absolutely go after him with a full court press), but having a back up option of ancelotti would be ok
Ancelotti is the guy that I wanted at Arsenal before he went to Chelsea and then after they stupidly got shot of him. Absolutely proven ability and a nice guy as well, reserved and quiet, not an egotistical tosser like so many of them.

I’d take him in a flash, given the mess we’re in, although I do wonder whether he’s a dog that has had his day. After years of success, it didn’t work out at Bayern, where everything is in place and clockwork and there’s trouble at Napoli. So, question marks perhaps, but I’d definitely get him in to try to steady our ship.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:00 pm
clummo123 wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:34 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
SPARKSY wrote:

Norwich A
West Ham A
Man City H
Everton A
Bournemouth A
United H
Chelsea H

Norwich A win
West Ham A win
Man City H narrow defeat
Everton A draw
Bournemouth A draw
United H win
Chelsea H draw

:lol: :lol:
Hello!!

Not naming any names but Nut Flush :lol: turned round and said that our next four league games were winnable before the Sheffield game which once upon a time would have been a fair statement but given our current performance levels shows that there are people still thinking with their hearts and not their minds. I said at the time that he was taking an overly optimistic view and he pointed to our squad being better than the four teams below which may be the case but at the moment they are not exactly proving the point.

Sheffield - Lost
Palace - Drew
Wolves - Drew
Leicester -??

After the Palace game I had a look at December's fixtures and they are fu.cking scarey based on our current level of performance. I don't see us picking up 12 points out of 21 for those fixtures as I would expect more of them to end up as draws not wins. I think the only chance we have of seeing Dick leave the club before the end of the season is if we capitulate during the December fixtures which is a reasonable bet at the moment. Then of course we have the problem of who the next manager will be. Anyone started the new thread yet :lol:

Midz

Post by Midz »

At least we won't have to wait for 22 years before they sack the manager this time.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Midz wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:23 pm
At least we won't have to wait for 22 years before they sack the manager this time.

:shock: Fate, please don’t be tempted !! Don’t listen to Midz, just DON’T listen to him....he doesn’t know what he’s saying !!!