Unai Emery

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
John F

Re: Unai Emery

Post by John F »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 10:28 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 10:11 am
Fuck me. It's getting to the stage on here that debate is becoming pointless. The twisting of words, the deliberate pretending to miss the point. :lol:

If anyone is going to reply to my posts please have the courtesy to actually read them first. :lol: :fryingpan: :yawn:

What you talking' bout Willis??? :D
I think it was something about fence posts. :rubchin:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

John F wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 7:00 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fuck me. It's getting to the stage on here that debate is becoming pointless. The twisting of words, the deliberate pretending to miss the point. :lol:

If anyone is going to reply to my posts please have the courtesy to actually read them first. :lol: :fryingpan: :yawn:

Either that or Postmen!? :?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 9:08 am
John F wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 7:00 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Either that or Postmen!? :?
:lol:

Cùnts. Pair of. :D :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Three of a *word censored*(ash) Pair! :lol:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 9:14 am
Nos89 wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 12:36 am
:cussing: up
SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 6:18 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 10:56 am
Pleased for Emery, redemption for what he wasn't able to achieve for us. It just shows what he can do with a group of players who don't have huge egos, wages and act like prima dona's. This is why he was the wrong coach for Arsenal. He could not deal with the egos of the players. Villarreal, and Seville were a group of journeyman players not good enough for the biggest clubs.
That is his level of club, level of players and he was bringing us down to that level. Players knew it, most fans (apart from SteveO) know it. It's not an indictment on his capabilities it is just his level. That's why some big club managers fail at lesser clubs (Mourinho at Spurs, Adams at Wycombe).
Well done the yellow submarines, wonder what song will be sang at OT the most by the away fans next season..."You got beat by the Yellow Submarines..."
He has won more European trophies than our club has in its entire history! And we say that's his level eh?

As Augie says, I'd be fascinated to hear what 'level' his successor is at!

Anyway, you all got your wish - he got the boot! If you were daft enough to trust this board to appoint someone better than him then more fool you......you'll be waiting a long time for Josh and Wiggy and whoever their latest CEO is to appoint a good manager. They don't know any, and they won't pay for one. If Arteta gets the boot, I fully expect Roberto Martinez to seduce them with slick presentations and supposed insight
Which player would you sign from Villarreal? The Arsenal reject, the Spurs reject, the Liverpool reject, the city reject or the chelski reject?
Emery galvanised an average group of players to win their first major trophy. We on the other hand have a talented, high ego squad who gave up playing for a manager for reasons we don't know.
As for Arteta, he's not established his level yet, or what he's capable of doing cos he's only been a manager for one season. Clearly, at the wrong club.
I wouldn't sign anyone from Villareal which surely illustrates the point about what a great achievement it is. I wouldn't sign anyone apart from Declan Rice from West Ham either but they find themselves in Europe and we don't

As for this bullshit about the players stopped playing for him.....the players who didn't fit in stopped playing for him. Martinelli didn't, Saka didn't, Leno didn't, Auba didn't

The useless overpaid c.unts signed by Wenger that have now thrown three managers under the bus stopped playing for him and as has been proved since, it was an amazing achievement to get those c.unts to finish 5th and reach a EL final. We gave someone 15 months to try and correct the failings of a decade or more. Not enough time by far

So its not bullshit then...that players stopped playing for him. By your own statement on;y four out of 25 players did their jobs properly. Fortunately, most of whom will be have either left or be leaving by this summer.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Nos89 wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:12 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 10:56 am
Pleased for Emery, redemption for what he wasn't able to achieve for us. It just shows what he can do with a group of players who don't have huge egos, wages and act like prima dona's. This is why he was the wrong coach for Arsenal. He could not deal with the egos of the players. Villarreal, and Seville were a group of journeyman players not good enough for the biggest clubs.
That is his level of club, level of players and he was bringing us down to that level. Players knew it, most fans (apart from SteveO) know it. It's not an indictment on his capabilities it is just his level. That's why some big club managers fail at lesser clubs (Mourinho at Spurs, Adams at Wycombe).
Well done the yellow submarines, wonder what song will be sang at OT the most by the away fans next season..."You got beat by the Yellow Submarines..."
He has won more European trophies than our club has in its entire history! And we say that's his level eh?

Anyway, you all got your wish - he got the boot! If you were daft enough to trust this board to appoint someone better than him then more fool you......you'll be waiting a long time for Josh and Wiggy and whoever their latest CEO is to appoint a good manager. They don't know any, and they won't pay for one. If Arteta gets the boot, I fully expect Roberto Martinez to seduce them with slick presentations and supposed insight
Which player would you sign from Villarreal? The Arsenal reject, the Spurs reject, the Liverpool reject, the city reject or the chelski reject?
Emery galvanised an average group of players to win their first major trophy. We on the other hand have a talented, high ego squad who gave up playing for a manager for reasons we don't know.
As for Arteta, he's not established his level yet, or what he's capable of doing cos he's only been a manager for one season. Clearly, at the wrong club.
I wouldn't sign anyone from Villareal which surely illustrates the point about what a great achievement it is. I wouldn't sign anyone apart from Declan Rice from West Ham either but they find themselves in Europe and we don't

As for this bullshit about the players stopped playing for him.....the players who didn't fit in stopped playing for him. Martinelli didn't, Saka didn't, Leno didn't, Auba didn't

The useless overpaid c.unts signed by Wenger that have now thrown three managers under the bus stopped playing for him and as has been proved since, it was an amazing achievement to get those c.unts to finish 5th and reach a EL final. We gave someone 15 months to try and correct the failings of a decade or more. Not enough time by far

So its not bullshit then...that players stopped playing for him. By your own statement on;y four out of 25 players did their jobs properly. Fortunately, most of whom will be have either left or be leaving by this summer.
Yeah that's dead right mate - because I only listed the top four, by default all the others stopped playing for him and have been amazing ever since under Arteta. If you're incapable of constructing a basic argument, I'll leave you in your bedroom to believe you're right and won the argument. Well done you.....back to the homework now. Unai was clueless, Arteta is a god-like king of motivation who has unified all the players and taken them to amazing new heights of performance. You win, I lose.....if only I'd seen the light earlier :roll: :roll:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:09 pm
Nos89 wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

Yeah that's dead right mate - because I only listed the top four, by default all the others stopped playing for him and have been amazing ever since under Arteta. If you're incapable of constructing a basic argument, I'll leave you in your bedroom to believe you're right and won the argument. Well done you.....back to the homework now. Unai was clueless, Arteta is a god-like king of motivation who has unified all the players and taken them to amazing new heights of performance. You win, I lose.....if only I'd seen the light earlier :roll: :roll:

Blimey, no need to throw your dummy out the pram...Emery wasn't good enough for the premier league, Arteta certainly isn't. Emery is a good coach, struggled in English football, but without doubt knows how to set up a team in european competition. That's why we got to the final, but failed against an English side. Lucky for villareal, he learnt from that mistake and set up better to beat utd, on penalties.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Nos89 wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:30 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
Nos89 wrote:

Blimey, no need to throw your dummy out the pram...Emery wasn't good enough for the premier league, Arteta certainly isn't. Emery is a good coach, struggled in English football, but without doubt knows how to set up a team in european competition. That's why we got to the final, but failed against an English side. Lucky for villareal, he learnt from that mistake and set up better to beat utd, on penalties.
I've never quite looked at it that way before and I think you may well be making an excellent point there.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Clummo99 wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:06 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:30 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

I've never quite looked at it that way before and I think you may well be making an excellent point there.

Well it's gonna take take something really special to outpoint Clive he's the fuckin' Master. :D

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

These quote towers are insane. What’s the point if you’re responding to the post immediately above? :cussing:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

g88ner wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:24 am
These quote towers are insane. What’s the point if you’re responding to the post immediately above? :cussing:

Well said ,no need for it,getting harder to try read posts having to go through these stupid quote towers

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:44 am
g88ner wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:24 am

Well said ,no need for it,getting harder to try read posts having to go through these stupid quote towers
Quote towers rule, you bald ginger bastards! :box: :barscarf:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:02 am

Quote towers rule, you bald ginger bastards! :box: :barscarf:

There’s many legitimate insults you can throw at me but bald and ginger aren’t included :lol:

Those quote towers are insane though. You people must be retarded…. If you were all in a pub and kept re-capping every single word of the conversation before stating your opinion, you’d all deserve to be glassed in the face! :lol:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

If someone is bald how would you know they are ginger?

#justasking

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Clummo99 wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:59 am
If someone is bald how would you know they are ginger?

#justasking

Eyebrows. The eyebrows never fucking lie, man. :lol: