Unai Emery

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Post Reply
User avatar
augie
Posts: 27252
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: Unai Emery

Post by augie »

goonersid wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:19 pm
augie wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:14 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:13 pm
augie wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:52 pm
He wasnt popular cos of his brand of football - has anyone watched the shite we are throwing up under pep's cone boy ??
What's your point? Because Arteta is shit suddenly Dick wasn't? :lol:

I think it's pretty safe to say we are all aware of how shit we are under Gibb-Lite buddy.

Dick was the wrong man for the job. End of. Arteta is also the wrong man for the job. Very wrong. But we all said that from day one - well except for Sid..... :lol: :wink:


My point my umpa lumpa friend, is that in the article one of the things they said was that the shit football style under emery was one of the reasons that he got sacked, and my point is that the football under this fool is way worse and yet he seems untouchable :shock: :shock:
Ya pair of freestate rednecks!
First ya Dub! Arteta was never my first choice, yet after the end of last season pandemic farce, winning the fa cup and some very encouraging performances, I did think we may have struck gold!
I have been however, been as quick to recognise I was wrong, just as I was with my reserved early enthusiasm for Emery!
Augie?? Sacked because of his style of football??
Are you fucking mental?
He was sacked because we couldnt buy a win!

We were in freefall!
Yes Arteta is arguably worse and should be sacked, but for fuck sake, I'd have Wenger back ahead of the idiot Emery!
And happy new year, ya pair of knackers :box:



Sid my good man, I didnt say that emery was sacked cos of the style of football, I merely repeated that it was said in that article and how hypocritical the article was

User avatar
goonersid
Posts: 8285
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:40 am
Location: DERRY CITY

Re: Unai Emery

Post by goonersid »

augie wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:46 pm
goonersid wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:19 pm
augie wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:14 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:13 pm
augie wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:52 pm
He wasnt popular cos of his brand of football - has anyone watched the shite we are throwing up under pep's cone boy ??
What's your point? Because Arteta is shit suddenly Dick wasn't? :lol:

I think it's pretty safe to say we are all aware of how shit we are under Gibb-Lite buddy.

Dick was the wrong man for the job. End of. Arteta is also the wrong man for the job. Very wrong. But we all said that from day one - well except for Sid..... :lol: :wink:


My point my umpa lumpa friend, is that in the article one of the things they said was that the shit football style under emery was one of the reasons that he got sacked, and my point is that the football under this fool is way worse and yet he seems untouchable :shock: :shock:
Ya pair of freestate rednecks!
First ya Dub! Arteta was never my first choice, yet after the end of last season pandemic farce, winning the fa cup and some very encouraging performances, I did think we may have struck gold!
I have been however, been as quick to recognise I was wrong, just as I was with my reserved early enthusiasm for Emery!
Augie?? Sacked because of his style of football??
Are you fucking mental?
He was sacked because we couldnt buy a win!

We were in freefall!
Yes Arteta is arguably worse and should be sacked, but for fuck sake, I'd have Wenger back ahead of the idiot Emery!
And happy new year, ya pair of knackers :box:



Sid my good man, I didnt say that emery was sacked cos of the style of football, I merely repeated that it was said in that article and how hypocritical the article was
Augie, you still suggested some kind of injustice against Emery!
As the Dub said, :wink: both were shit, which was worse?
I dont give a fuck lad!

User avatar
DB10GOONER
Posts: 51011
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:06 pm
Location: Dublin, Ireland.
Contact:

Re: Unai Emery

Post by DB10GOONER »

goonersid wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:29 pm
augie wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:46 pm
goonersid wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:19 pm
augie wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:14 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:13 pm


What's your point? Because Arteta is shit suddenly Dick wasn't? :lol:

I think it's pretty safe to say we are all aware of how shit we are under Gibb-Lite buddy.

Dick was the wrong man for the job. End of. Arteta is also the wrong man for the job. Very wrong. But we all said that from day one - well except for Sid..... :lol: :wink:


My point my umpa lumpa friend, is that in the article one of the things they said was that the shit football style under emery was one of the reasons that he got sacked, and my point is that the football under this fool is way worse and yet he seems untouchable :shock: :shock:
Ya pair of freestate rednecks!
First ya Dub! Arteta was never my first choice, yet after the end of last season pandemic farce, winning the fa cup and some very encouraging performances, I did think we may have struck gold!
I have been however, been as quick to recognise I was wrong, just as I was with my reserved early enthusiasm for Emery!
Augie?? Sacked because of his style of football??
Are you fucking mental?
He was sacked because we couldnt buy a win!

We were in freefall!
Yes Arteta is arguably worse and should be sacked, but for fuck sake, I'd have Wenger back ahead of the idiot Emery!
And happy new year, ya pair of knackers :box:



Sid my good man, I didnt say that emery was sacked cos of the style of football, I merely repeated that it was said in that article and how hypocritical the article was
Augie, you still suggested some kind of injustice against Emery!
As the Dub said, :wink: both were shit, which was worse?
I dont give a fuck lad!
My my you British lads can be very aggressive. :shock:

:wink:

User avatar
SteveO 35
Posts: 18919
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 7:01 pm
Location: Abou's fan club

Re: Unai Emery

Post by SteveO 35 »

Go and win it now Unai and send a picture to all those sad act c.unts on AFTV, and our board and owner

User avatar
DB10GOONER
Posts: 51011
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:06 pm
Location: Dublin, Ireland.
Contact:

Re: Unai Emery

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 9:02 pm
Go and win it now Unai and send a picture to all those sad act c.unts on AFTV, and our board and owner
He's not winning it mate. Manure will destroy them 5 nil. I'd love to see him win it not because of our owners or any of that shit - as they were right to sack him - but just because he's a good bloke. A true gentleman with a bit of class.

Fingers crossed for him.

User avatar
rodders999
Posts: 14690
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:59 pm
Location: Diamond Club

Re: Unai Emery

Post by rodders999 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 9:02 pm
Go and win it now Unai and send a picture to all those sad act c.unts on AFTV, and our board and owner
Not having Thomas Partey to set up all their best chances will be a massive loss in the final :wink:

User avatar
Nos89
Posts: 3775
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:44 am

Re: Unai Emery

Post by Nos89 »

Don't go round saying we should not have sacked Emery. Look at Villarreal's league position?
He achieved exactly the same with The Arsenal. Drawn as many games as won, will finish 7th/ 8th and got to the Europa League final. That is fine for a club like Villarreal, but not for a club as big as ours.

User avatar
Nos89
Posts: 3775
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:44 am

Re: Unai Emery

Post by Nos89 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 9:08 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 9:02 pm
Go and win it now Unai and send a picture to all those sad act c.unts on AFTV, and our board and owner
He's not winning it mate. Manure will destroy them 5 nil. I'd love to see him win it not because of our owners or any of that shit - as they were right to sack him - but just because he's a good bloke. A true gentleman with a bit of class.

Fingers crossed for him.
Absolutely agree with this.
The way ours players totally let him down in the last 5 games of that 2018 season, he deserves better this time round.

User avatar
SteveO 35
Posts: 18919
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 7:01 pm
Location: Abou's fan club

Re: Unai Emery

Post by SteveO 35 »

Nos89 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 10:17 pm
Don't go round saying we should not have sacked Emery. Look at Villarreal's league position?
He achieved exactly the same with The Arsenal. Drawn as many games as won, will finish 7th/ 8th and got to the Europa League final. That is fine for a club like Villarreal, but not for a club as big as ours.
Yeah..
Much rather finish 9th or 10th and have no European football of any kind under this helmet

User avatar
goonersid
Posts: 8285
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:40 am
Location: DERRY CITY

Re: Unai Emery

Post by goonersid »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 10:20 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 10:17 pm
Don't go round saying we should not have sacked Emery. Look at Villarreal's league position?
He achieved exactly the same with The Arsenal. Drawn as many games as won, will finish 7th/ 8th and got to the Europa League final. That is fine for a club like Villarreal, but not for a club as big as ours.
Yeah..
Much rather finish 9th or 10th and have no European football of any kind under this helmet
FFS Stevo, both are shite, with hindsight Arteta is the worse of the two, but that doesnt make Emery any less pathetic and shite,
Neither were good enough, simple as that.

User avatar
SteveO 35
Posts: 18919
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 7:01 pm
Location: Abou's fan club

Re: Unai Emery

Post by SteveO 35 »

goonersid wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 6:19 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 10:20 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 10:17 pm
Don't go round saying we should not have sacked Emery. Look at Villarreal's league position?
He achieved exactly the same with The Arsenal. Drawn as many games as won, will finish 7th/ 8th and got to the Europa League final. That is fine for a club like Villarreal, but not for a club as big as ours.
Yeah..
Much rather finish 9th or 10th and have no European football of any kind under this helmet
FFS Stevo, both are shite, with hindsight Arteta is the worse of the two, but that doesnt make Emery any less pathetic and shite,
Neither were good enough, simple as that.
No hindsight from my perspective. One has a proven track record of winning trophies and turning midtable teams into top 4 clubs in Spain. The other says a few nice things, looks the part, put Pep's cones out and duped the c.unts who run our club......and has NO track record. Not even close for me who I'd prefer out of the two.

In a head to head battle over two legs it was perfectly clear to anyone with half a brain who the better coach was - and it wasn't the one with the bigger wage bill, transfer budget or squad. It was the one managing the 7th best club in Spain

Not holding him up to be some modern day managerial great, but he is superior to Arteta in every way and so it has proved

Anyway, the key now is getting someone better than the pair of them, but I'll be fucked if I trust our board to do that mate. We're stuck with this c.unt next season, trust me on that, until our PL status looks under threat and then there might be a change

User avatar
DB10GOONER
Posts: 51011
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:06 pm
Location: Dublin, Ireland.
Contact:

Re: Unai Emery

Post by DB10GOONER »

Everyone sees games differently. I honestly don't think Dick out-managed Martinez-Lite. He didn't need to for a start.

I thought Dick's team were poor and any half decent team would have destroyed them over two legs. I believe manure will destroy them unfortunately.

Our problem was our genius "manager" decided to play the first leg without a striker and then failed miserably to pick the right team for the second leg, failed somehow to motivate a team with a shot at a trophy, and then when we desperately needed a winner late on, somehow fucking thought it clever to take a striker off and bring on Huff n Puff, the most useless, slow, inept fucking donkey that is only third to Clive and Partey in shitness, and contributes literally nothing to attack or defence. :roll:

Last night and the first leg had nothing to do with Emery but everything to do with Martinez-Lite.

User avatar
SteveO 35
Posts: 18919
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 7:01 pm
Location: Abou's fan club

Re: Unai Emery

Post by SteveO 35 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 7:44 am
Everyone sees games differently. I honestly don't think Dick out-managed Martinez-Lite. He didn't need to for a start.

I thought Dick's team were poor and any half decent team would have destroyed them over two legs. I believe manure will destroy them unfortunately.

Our problem was our genius "manager" decided to play the first leg without a striker and then failed miserably to pick the right team for the second leg, failed somehow to motivate a team with a shot at a trophy, and then when we desperately needed a winner late on, somehow fucking thought it clever to take a striker off and bring on Huff n Puff, the most useless, slow, inept fucking donkey that is only third to Clive and Partey in shitness, and contributes literally nothing to attack or defence. :roll:

Last night and the first leg had nothing to do with Emery but everything to do with Martinez-Lite.
Yeah I can't disagree with any of the things you've said about Captain Black there mate. I would say in both ties I did see evidence of Emery's high press working - in the first half yesterday and for a 20 minute spell in the second half. They did more of that than the Portuguese Burnley and Greek Rochdale had managed in earlier rounds and our lazy, slack ass c.unts like Partey couldn't cope with it.

As for Huff and Puff what's left to say that we haven't said a dozen times before. The Spanish David Brent is so desperate to be proved right and be liked by his new men that him, Odegaard and Partey are allowed to do whatever they want, when they want and suffer no consequence for their shitness. Odegaard only needed one match against West Ham where admittedly he was outstanding, and that was all the confirmation shit for brains needed that he'd be nailed on for the rest of the season

User avatar
DB10GOONER
Posts: 51011
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:06 pm
Location: Dublin, Ireland.
Contact:

Re: Unai Emery

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 7:55 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 7:44 am
Everyone sees games differently. I honestly don't think Dick out-managed Martinez-Lite. He didn't need to for a start.

I thought Dick's team were poor and any half decent team would have destroyed them over two legs. I believe manure will destroy them unfortunately.

Our problem was our genius "manager" decided to play the first leg without a striker and then failed miserably to pick the right team for the second leg, failed somehow to motivate a team with a shot at a trophy, and then when we desperately needed a winner late on, somehow fucking thought it clever to take a striker off and bring on Huff n Puff, the most useless, slow, inept fucking donkey that is only third to Clive and Partey in shitness, and contributes literally nothing to attack or defence. :roll:

Last night and the first leg had nothing to do with Emery but everything to do with Martinez-Lite.
Yeah I can't disagree with any of the things you've said about Captain Black there mate. I would say in both ties I did see evidence of Emery's high press working - in the first half yesterday and for a 20 minute spell in the second half. They did more of that than the Portuguese Burnley and Greek Rochdale had managed in earlier rounds and our lazy, slack ass c.unts like Partey couldn't cope with it.

As for Huff and Puff what's left to say that we haven't said a dozen times before. The Spanish David Brent is so desperate to be proved right and be liked by his new men that him, Odegaard and Partey are allowed to do whatever they want, when they want and suffer no consequence for their shitness. Odegaard only needed one match against West Ham where admittedly he was outstanding, and that was all the confirmation shit for brains needed that he'd be nailed on for the rest of the season
Good point about the press. I know Dick got slated for trying the press when he was with us but I always felt the main failing there was not his, but more the players not being capable. Although I do still blame Dick for not being pragmatic and completely dropping the idea once it became obvious that our weak snowflake players were not up to playing that style of football.

But agreed spells in both games did show what a well organised press can do.

User avatar
Clummo99
Posts: 893
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:09 pm

Re: Unai Emery

Post by Clummo99 »

Steve for the love of God please stop going on about Emery! :lol:

The two legs against Villarreal showed no such thing that Dick is a far better coach. They are an average team, with average players, playing average football. Nothing more.

What it did show, glaringly, is just how inept Arteta is and the disgraceful attitude of most of our players.

As individuals and as a collective if you can't bust a gut and leave everything on the pitch at the end of a Euro semi final then that speaks more to me than the manager.

With 10 minutes left they were still playing at walking pace. If I was Holding I'd be saying fuck this, would throw myself up front and demand the ball be hit long and high to me. I'd have the argument later that I disobeyed tactics. Fuck it, I'd even tell Pablo Mari to come and join me and go full on route one. :lol:

Post Reply