2018/19 Away Kit

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Jock Gooner

Re: 2018/19 Away Kit

Post by Jock Gooner »

What chance a return to the bruised banana kit with Adidas 8)

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:03 pm
You joke but that would absolutely fly off the shelves. It’s the sort of ugly retro hipster thing people would buy. Would be the only modern kit I’d think about buying!

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

northbank123 wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:47 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
You joke but that would absolutely fly off the shelves. It’s the sort of ugly retro hipster thing people would buy. Would be the only modern kit I’d think about buying!

I'm not joking and you are right, it would sell :barscarf:

I think we are ready for another run at that artistic masterpiece - bring it on :lol: :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

I'd say adidas are already salivating at the prospect of releasing the new bruised banana kit. I cant say about other clubs, but there certainly hasn't been a kit in our recent history that has grown in popularity as much. Personally I liked it at the time they wore it away to Southampton even though they wore it with yellow shorts that day

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

If Adidas come in and start releasing those originals reissues from the 80's and 90's they may as well just have direct access to my bank account and be done with it.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

KERRR Fuckin' CHINNNNGGG! :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

northbank123 wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:47 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
The squashed wasp jersey was not hipster you utter cùnt. :evil: :censored:

:wink:

One of my favourite jerseys of all time. Wore it to training, to games, metal concerts and raves. An era defining jersey - toot toot Charlie's up chaps! :D 8)

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

If you want to know if the bruised banana kit will be reissued then you need look no further than the god awful Nigeria WC kit that has sold a gazillion shirts so far. Fucking terrible but the hipster kids and rappers love it. There’s money to be made for Adidas.

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

If Adidas or the club access this site and they want to sell shirts..................give us our away kit of YELLOW AND BLUE. It's simple!!!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bought myself one of the new training tops and fuck me the quality is terrible. They are so light and thin they are almost see through. Must cost all of 20 cents each to manufacture. Puma are a pack of cùnts. :censored: They are just taking the piss now. Roll on the return of Adidas. 8)

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:07 am
Bought myself one of the new training tops and fuck me the quality is terrible. They are so light and thin they are almost see through. Must cost all of 20 cents each to manufacture. Puma are a pack of cùnts. :censored: They are just taking the piss now. Roll on the return of Adidas. 8)
The jersey is just the same.

I was in sports direct the other day and it looked so cheap

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I suppose they'll give Puma a few months in the spotlight to market and sell as much of this crap as possible so I'd expect the official Adidas announcement sometime in December or January.

Have to admit to being a complete Adidas fan boy so simply cannot wait for this....

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:59 am
I suppose they'll give Puma a few months in the spotlight to market and sell as much of this crap as possible so I'd expect the official Adidas announcement sometime in December or January.

Have to admit to being a complete Adidas fan boy so simply cannot wait for this....

Same as that rodders - I used to love the home shirt with the red stripes down the sleeves 8) :barscarf: :barscarf:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

augie wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:45 am
rodders999 wrote:

Same as that rodders - I used to love the home shirt with the red stripes down the sleeves 8) :barscarf: :barscarf:
This was my first ever shirt, would have been about 6 or 7 at the time, wore it to death but I still have it and it's in pretty good shape apart from a bit of the letter J on the JVC starting to peel off. Will try to get it fixed up at some stage and pass it on to rodders junior as a right of passage when he comes of age.

However, when it comes to thinking of my youth and The Arsenal this is the shirt that comes to mind. I absolutely loved this jersey and the team that played in it. It was during these years that the club became the centre of my universe, the absolute be all and end all. I was in absolute awe of George, the players, the stadium - everything. I also still have this beauty tucked away and it too shall be donned by rodders junior one day. Think I'll unashamedly shed a tear seeing him in it to boot.

I can even remember the exact day I got this jersey, the only negative thing I associate with it, as it was the day we lost away to Chelsea - the only defeat of that 91 season.

What an absolute beauty -

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:02 am
augie wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:45 am
rodders999 wrote:

This was my first ever shirt, would have been about 6 or 7 at the time, wore it to death but I still have it and it's in pretty good shape apart from a bit of the letter J on the JVC starting to peel off. Will try to get it fixed up at some stage and pass it on to rodders junior as a right of passage when he comes of age.

However, when it comes to thinking of my youth and The Arsenal this is the shirt that comes to mind. I absolutely loved this jersey and the team that played in it. It was during these years that the club became the centre of my universe, the absolute be all and end all. I was in absolute awe of George, the players, the stadium - everything. I also still have this beauty tucked away and it too shall be donned by rodders junior one day. Think I'll unashamedly shed a tear seeing him in it to boot.

I can even remember the exact day I got this jersey, the only negative thing I associate with it, as it was the day we lost away to Chelsea - the only defeat of that 91 season.

What an absolute beauty -

That 91 jersey is one of my favourites of all time. Love the little blue detail and the AFC on the neck. A thing of beauty worn by warriors managed by a king. 8)

I too am an Adidas fanboy. Still wear the Adidas Preds playing footy and the Pred astros for indoor off season footy too. 8)