Jack Wilshere merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Jack Wilshere merged thread

Post by OneBardGooner »

I still feel sorry for him.

He has skills and a natural talent as a player very few ever have - he still has that ability to be able to turn a game in his teams favour by the use of those skills..... injuries aside I like him as a player and wish he was going to the W.Cup.

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

Think we have upped our wage offer. I see a long term injury next season or just another season of average performances.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Clash wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 9:54 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 5:31 am
So Wilshere left out of the England squad. The likes of Henderson can’t carry the ball or do anything but pass the ball backwards. Given ox is injured, this is a huge mistake by Southgate and this isn’t coming from an Arsenal angle.

Wilshere offers a multitude of options for England.

So we go out on pens and some deluded prick in honour of the great man himself Southgate, steps up and hoofs it over the bar. Raheem Sterling anyone?
What like running into a crowd of players, falling over and then looking to the ref for a free kick? That's mainly what he seems to do these days.

To be honest, with the dearth of midfield talent England have I agree with you. Wilshere should be in the squad.

But England are not going beyond the QF with or without Wilshere so it doesn't really matter.
Disagree, Wilshere was our best player in the home leg vs Athletico. As soon as Wenger took him off in the second leg, the team became rudderless.

Wilshere has had issues with his attitude/temperament in the past but this season he knuckled down. He is one of only 2 or 3 players that could genuinely say he gave it his all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRTzz2NqsjQ

Amazing what you can find on youtube, against one of the meanest defences in the prem his drop of the shoulder and run through the heart of Burnley's defence to set up a goal was sublime.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 11:02 am
Clash wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 9:54 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 5:31 am
So Wilshere left out of the England squad. The likes of Henderson can’t carry the ball or do anything but pass the ball backwards. Given ox is injured, this is a huge mistake by Southgate and this isn’t coming from an Arsenal angle.

Wilshere offers a multitude of options for England.

So we go out on pens and some deluded prick in honour of the great man himself Southgate, steps up and hoofs it over the bar. Raheem Sterling anyone?
What like running into a crowd of players, falling over and then looking to the ref for a free kick? That's mainly what he seems to do these days.

To be honest, with the dearth of midfield talent England have I agree with you. Wilshere should be in the squad.

But England are not going beyond the QF with or without Wilshere so it doesn't really matter.
Disagree, Wilshere was our best player in the home leg vs Athletico. As soon as Wenger took him off in the second leg, the team became rudderless.

Wilshere has had issues with his attitude/temperament in the past but this season he knuckled down. He is one of only 2 or 3 players that could genuinely say he gave it his all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRTzz2NqsjQ

Amazing what you can find on youtube, against one of the meanest defences in the prem his drop of the shoulder and run through the heart of Burnley's defence to set up a goal was sublime.
Verrily T'was a thing of Beauty!

dave e

Post by dave e »

According to the Times this morning, not picked because not fit enough for Southgates style of play. Have wondered for a while about the general fitness levels of several of our players. Another thing thing to "merci Arsene" for ??

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

I like Wilshere as a player and he can definitely change a game and goes past players for fun on his day.

Anyhow that's not what I am posting about, having just watched the cringe worthy FA video of kids singing the players names (why the fuck do we do these sort of things) and a little bit about them i.e. harry kane " best strike in the world" "one of our own" or whatever but when the came to Welbeck they just say exactly that :lol:
Not Welbeck "he puts the effort in" even :lol:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

dave e wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 2:22 pm
According to the Times this morning, not picked because not fit enough for Southgates style of play. Have wondered for a while about the general fitness levels of several of our players. Another thing thing to "merci Arsene" for ??
I agree we don't seem to have the energy levels of other teams.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

If Wilshire isn't fit enough how can Welbeck be?? Leaving aside the fitness issues, what did Southgate see in Welbeck this season anyway....because whatever it was I missed it :? :? :?

augie

Post by augie »

xisstential wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 3:12 pm
If Wilshire isn't fit enough how can Welbeck be?? Leaving aside the fitness issues, what did Southgate see in Welbeck this season anyway....because whatever it was I missed it :? :? :?

If wilshere wasnt fit enough, then how do you explain the inclusion of rose ?? :?

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Wilshire is too slow on the ball, slow to release it - that's why he's always injured.

he is also a bit of a tit.

I hope a year of proper coaching and fitness training can teach it out of him.

its a sorry state that only one player from The Arsenal made it to Russia. :banghead:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Have to admit I feel sorry for Jack. What has the poor sod got to do to get in the squad - he has played plenty of games these last 2 seasons and has shown plenty of his old form. You can almost hear the pundits already as we are drawing 0-0 with bleeding Tunisia......."if only we had someone that could play the ball through / pick a pass / unlock the defence".
Then some genius on the panel will point out that Jack is capable of doing that and the usual bullshit begins.

augie

Post by augie »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 3:42 pm
Have to admit I feel sorry for Jack. What has the poor sod got to do to get in the squad - he has played plenty of games these last 2 seasons and has shown plenty of his old form. You can almost hear the pundits already as we are drawing 0-0 with bleeding Tunisia......."if only we had someone that could play the ball through / pick a pass / unlock the defence".
Then some genius on the panel will point out that Jack is capable of doing that and the usual bullshit begins.

Some clown on ssn has said (when talking about henderson) that england will be looking for him to set the tempo and how he will be the man to pick the passes - I literally pissed myself laughing at that :coffeespit: :coffeespit: Even the victims fans slate him for going backwards all the time :lol:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

augie wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 3:51 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 3:42 pm

Some clown on ssn has said (when talking about henderson) that england will be looking for him to set the tempo and how he will be the man to pick the passes - I literally pissed myself laughing at that :coffeespit: :coffeespit: Even the victims fans slate him for going backwards all the time :lol:

That just about sums it up doesn't it :banghead: Have to give Henderson's PR team credit though they have played a blinder this last while convincing the media that he is something special. He is a solid no thrills kind of player but no more than that. Some old duffer on the FA has decided that as said above Jack can be a bit of a tit at times and therefore let's just ditch him. The FA have got their puppet in Southgate and he is obviously under strict instructions.

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

Henderson, Delph in the squad and Lewis Cook and Jake Livermore on standby. Just send the trophy to London now.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

I'm in two minds about his exclusion from the England squad.

On one hand, as an Englishman, I take a look at that crock of shit midfield that Boring Gareth has picked with robots like Delph, Dier and Henderson in it and wonder how the fuck he can't even be on standby

On the other hand, all that happens when he plays for England, is that he gets slated for not being fully fit while those other c.unts get a free pass so go let them embarrass themselves in Russia before the next "root and branch review of English football" takes place. Blame some other c.unt for a change preferably Dele Eyebrows who will see how quickly you can go from being media darling to public enemy number 1 on the back of shit World Cup. The English way is to hammer our best players - Beckham, Gerrard, Lampard, Rooney to name but a few, and old Eyebrows is the only flair player in that robotic midfield.....so he will soon follow