Jack Wilshere merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
wibble

Re: CESC FOR JACK?

Post by wibble »

Given jack is out of contract it would be a very good deal!

Step

Post by Step »

I still feel that Chelski do not appreciate what a great player they have in Cesc.
He stays fit and doesn't get himself in the papers for the wrong reasons. He wanted to come back to Arsenal but there was some old French Duffer in charge at the time who couldn't swallow his pride and bring him back.

Wilshere has suffered injury after injury and his style of play will ensure that this will continue.

If Chelsea don't want Cesc a relatively small fee could secure him (Cultured Class) especially if they got Wilshere (Chav) on a free.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

An interesting question to which my gut reaction was why would the Chavs want Jack? I just googled Wilshere and Chelsea and the only real link that was coming up was that little rat faced fucker wise who said a while back that he would buy Wilshere. I fully agree with you that the Chavs have never twigged the quality that Cesc possesses and I would have him back but he would essentially be a squad player.

A more interesting reaction to the Wilshere question came from Stewart Robson who as we know was a big fan of TOF :lol:

“The reason he hasn’t produced the sort of form he should have done over the years is because he’s had no guidance.

“He’s a wonderful footballer but he still doesn’t seem to understand the game and he lacks discipline.

“Until someone gets hold of him and teaches him that discipline, he’ll always be a player with potential rather than the world class midfielder he could be.”

A fair shout methinks.

Midz

Post by Midz »

augie wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:12 am
richie powling wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:08 am
neither, jack wont be in emerys plans and if any arsenal fan can be honest with themselves then jack isnt good enough for the arsenal and should move on.

That argument would be a lot more valid if we hadnt just awarded a long-term contract to the swiss midfield donkey :roll:
:D

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

What a fucking pointless thread! Wileshite is shite and craic is a cross eyed chav *word censored* !!

augie

Post by augie »

goonersid wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:00 pm
What a fucking pointless thread! Wileshite is shite and craic is a cross eyed chav *word censored* !!

On the sauce today sid ? :? :wink: :lol: :lol:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

augie wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:08 pm
goonersid wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:00 pm

On the sauce today sid ? :? :wink: :lol: :lol:
Ha ha predictive text and on the sauce! I never stood a chance Augie :D

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Should have signed him back from Barca but the bloke has lost all of his speed and is a shadow of the player he was for us as a youngster.

Step

Post by Step »

He was never about pace, more about defence splitting passes.

Perry Groves had pace for God's Sake.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Step wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:15 pm

And won a league cup winners medal ,and two league championship medals ,how shit was that eh !
Perry Groves may not have been the best but he got stuck in EVERY GAME and scored some crucial goals ,on top of that he was Arsenal through and through !
His slaughtering of Graham Roberts was sweet revenge ,and he done Julian Dicks in his time too !
Mans A fucking legend ,don't EVER diss the Perry ! :barscarf: :barscarf:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

We all live'.......................

If the deal is right Cesc could still do a job for us. As we go through the transition from Wengerism back to football His comments about Dein and personalities are interesting.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

would love cesc back, personally I feel he still loves Arsenal, more than some of our current crop and got what it meant to put on the shirt, ignore the tabloids b*llocks about the way he left and his "strike".

as for jack, never really took to him in the first place. showed glimpses of promise but seems to be a bit of a dullard, not to mention his propensity to support other english clubs in europe and coming out with cringey stuff on twitter

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Herd wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:24 am
Step wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:15 pm

And won a league cup winners medal ,and two league championship medals ,how shit was that eh !
Perry Groves may not have been the best but he got stuck in EVERY GAME and scored some crucial goals ,on top of that he was Arsenal through and through !
His slaughtering of Graham Roberts was sweet revenge ,and he done Julian Dicks in his time too !
Mans A fucking legend ,don't EVER diss the Perry ! :barscarf: :barscarf:
My esteemed colleague Herd is correct. Perry is a Legend. And was a better player than he gets credit for.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Was a quality player but now Fabregas is a chav rat to me. Fuck him.

"If you ever see me in a chelsea jersey you can strangle me...." :oops: :censored:

Who knows how Jack might kick on now with a better manager? Let's see. But tbh I'd give him one or two seasons at most to impress and stay fit and if he doesn't then I'd get rid.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:43 pm
Was a quality player but now Fabregas is a chav rat to me. Fuck him.

"If you ever see me in a chelsea jersey you can strangle me...." :oops: :censored:

Who knows how Jack might kick on now with a better manager? Let's see. But tbh I'd give him one or two seasons at most to impress and stay fit and if he doesn't then I'd get rid.
He’s Shite