Jack Wilshere merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
jmp442

Jack Wilshere merged thread

Post by jmp442 »

Funny how at the beginning of pre-season the story around Jack was that he wanted to leave and Wenger kept quite tight lipped and said he needed to get back from injury and then he might have a chance of playing. To this weekend there being stories on how Jack now wants to stay and then Wenger almost admitting that he's free to go and isn't wanted.

Anyone see a future for him with us?

g88ner

Re: Jack Wilshere

Post by g88ner »

It's a strange one. Wilshere doesn't appear to talk about Arsenal at all these days and Wenger seemed open to letting him go in a recent interview.

I'd love to see him succeed as there's a quality player in there.... and he's a local lad.

That said, who would take him? his wages are vast for a player who can't stay fit. He'll leave on a free with half the squad next summer. What a royal balls up!

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

For Jack Wilshere see Stewart Robson.
I would love to see him captain us to a league title as he's a leader in the pitch we need.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Surplus to requirements like about six or seven others in the squad, don't let the fact he has been at Arsenal since he was nine cloud your judgement, he might be useful if fit this season though as a back up but no way in hell should we give him a new contract.

I have a feeling he might go late on though or possibly in January, if he's not injured.. AGAIN.

markyp

Post by markyp »

I cant help thinking that a fit JW could walk straight back into our current midfield,i don't see any other player with his attributes who is prepared to go forward with the ball and prepared to ride a challenge,Xhaka for me is our new John Jensen,elneny plain average,Rambo well Rambo is Rambo,santi is more fucked than Jack,id love to see him get a few games and force his way back but his injuries willalways be a problem,its a tough call

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Just sell him. He's injury prone, over-rated and lacks the intelligence to succeed in the role he wants to play. He's on wages that suggest a top-class player but he wouldn't get anywhere near a top 4-5 club in the top five European leagues. He's the poster-boy for the abject failure of Wanker's last decade.

Sally Cinnamon

Post by Sally Cinnamon »

I'd like him to stay. I don't think he's good enough for our 1st team but a big problem for us has been strength in depth and replacing injured players. I'd rather we had Wilshere available to bring off the bench than Coquelin.

General

Post by General »

The Bournemouth loan move was meant to get his career back on track but he was average for the most part. He's already missed a big chunk of pre season and this season would likely be another write off. Sentiments aside, he needs to move on. The midfield has been imbalanced for sometime and is lacking a truly mobile aggressive ball winner not a Wilshere. The fraud has yet again failed to address this glaring issue. Against Chelsea, you could see how easily they were able to manoeuvre the ball centrally and bypass our midfield. Elneny did an adequate job but he should be backup at best. Every single one of our midfielders is flawed and this is why the fraud is still experimenting to find best pairing.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Sadly for JW it is all about "What Might Have Been" - He was once a young Very Talented Injury prone Player - Youth is no longer on his side and so IF he truly wants to play football regardless of what wage he might get elsewhere he needs to go, but being on £80k a week to sit back and do the most basic form of Body Conditioning - without actually kicking a ball is where he's at...and shall remain so - because CuntslopWenger doesn't have a CLUE!.

Sean

Post by Sean »

As I have said on the other Wilshere threads, he is a crushing disappointment and his attitude and off-field chav antics have been a disgrace to the shirt.

I had wanted him to succeed, as the only pure Arsenal youth product since Cashley (and only yes-man Iwobi has come through our pubber academy since, everyone else of note has been poached from elsewhere), but I cannot admire such a nasty piece of work and an overpaid crock on £90K+ a week, who only seems to care about playing for England in recent years. I guess they call that Michael Owen syndrome.

His Bournemouth stint was no great shakes, so he will go down as a one season wonder and the white Diaby. We also have to question The Old Fraud for relying on him so much in that season, which led to his constant injuries and Wilshere's own bone-headed style of play, of running into tackles, for someone so physically small for the Premier League. Naturally, TOF was totally unable to keep him on the straight and narrow, or instil any discipline in him. Sadly he is another harbinger of post-2008 Arsenal, along with the likes of Walcott.

I think a lot of Gooners have come around to the fact he is not really needed anymore and should move on.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

For me Wilshere will always be the one that got away.... should have been a top player, had all the technical basics.... except the brain. Most of his injuries seem to stem from taking that last late touch on the ball and inviting the tackles that injured him - no coincidence 90% of his knocks were all lower leg injuries. His off-pitch chav antics are not the worst thing in the world, but are symptomatic of being a bit thick and not being better influenced and led or getting the kind of direction and advice that can keep young players away from that silly shit.

Like the Ox I can't help but wonder what he might have achieved with a better coach and man manager than Wenger. But now we need to unload that huge salary he is not earning. A shame really, but that's the truth. :|

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

I think he's brillant and an integral part of our squad. Only a massive bid will prise him away from Wenger's cold, undead hands.

:rubchin: :barscarf:

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

Sean wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:39 pm
As I have said on the other Wilshere threads, he is a crushing disappointment and his attitude and off-field chav antics have been a disgrace to the shirt.

I had wanted him to succeed, as the only pure Arsenal youth product since Cashley (and only yes-man Iwobi has come through our pubber academy since, everyone else of note has been poached from elsewhere), but I cannot admire such a nasty piece of work and an overpaid crock on £90K+ a week, who only seems to care about playing for England in recent years. I guess they call that Michael Owen syndrome.

His Bournemouth stint was no great shakes, so he will go down as a one season wonder and the white Diaby. We also have to question The Old Fraud for relying on him so much in that season, which led to his constant injuries and Wilshere's own bone-headed style of play, of running into tackles, for someone so physically small for the Premier League. Naturally, TOF was totally unable to keep him on the straight and narrow, or instil any discipline in him. Sadly he is another harbinger of post-2008 Arsenal, along with the likes of Walcott.

I think a lot of Gooners have come around to the fact he is not really needed anymore and should move on.
I'm said to say it, but I completely agree.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

He's shite

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

One season wonder. I like him, but a) he's injury prone and b) he's not good anymore.

Would still take him over Ramsey though.