Jack Wilshere merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
GranadaJoe

Re: Jack Wilshere merged thread

Post by GranadaJoe »

I'm sad he's leaving because he loves the club and he clearly had enormous talent, but injuries, stupidity and bad management meant he never properly realised it.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Unfortunately he was not going anywhere with Arsenal, I admire the managers honesty with him and his integrity in sorting out this huge fucking mess the club has been left in by "Mr I have been screwing you for 22 years"...
If those Wenger Remainers had any fucking decency they would hang their heads in shame for supporting that fucking village idiot for what he has done to this club for the past decade or so....

augie

Post by augie »

Bradywasking wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:09 am
In ways I'm sorry to see him go, he had something that most of the Wenger boys hadn't in recent years...But like most of the Wenger boys of recent years Jack isn't at a level he should be.

I am really gutted that he is leaving, but totally understand why he is doing so. He could have been a legend at the club if he had a proper manager to guide him, and it is beyond sad that he is leaving whilst we are left with elneny, xhaka and iwobi :cry: :cry: :cry:

Best wishes Jack 8)

GTG

Post by GTG »

augie wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:39 am
Bradywasking wrote:
In ways I'm sorry to see him go, he had something that most of the Wenger boys hadn't in recent years...But like most of the Wenger boys of recent years Jack isn't at a level he should be.

I am really gutted that he is leaving, but totally understand why he is doing so. He could have been a legend at the club if he had a proper manager to guide him, and it is beyond sad that he is leaving whilst we are left with elneny, xhaka and iwobi :cry: :cry: :cry:

Best wishes Jack 8)
Was preparing to write my post whilst reading the others since the news broke but you've written it for me. If the new manager wants to be ruthless why are we still left with Elneny, Xhaka and Iwobi then? Even given Xhaka a new contract based on what? Jack is and always will be a lot more talented than all of those players and he actually fucking cares.

If we had cleared out all the names mentioned above and then Jack as well fair enough you could say we really are being ruthless and ridding ourselves of the shite but to me we're actually getting rid of the best one (even though that might not be saying a great deal).

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

slightly easier to get rid of someone who's contract is up than those who arnt, so maybe elneny and iwobi will be sold.

also none are as injury prone as jack, so 100k a week for someone who averages 9 league games a season seems bonkers.

augie

Post by augie »

the playing mantis wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:55 am
slightly easier to get rid of someone who's contract is up than those who arnt, so maybe elneny and iwobi will be sold.

also none are as injury prone as jack, so 100k a week for someone who averages 9 league games a season seems bonkers.

But last season his injury record was vastly improved - some fans were "here we go again" when he withdrew from two england friendlies (in march I think ?), but he was back available for the next AFC games and that is all that should matter. Personally IF (and I know that it is a big if) he is over his injury problems, then I think we are making a mistake letting him go, but time will tell I guess

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

GTG wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:14 am
augie wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:

Best wishes Jack 8)
Was preparing to write my post whilst reading the others since the news broke but you've written it for me. If the new manager wants to be ruthless why are we still left with Elneny, Xhaka and Iwobi then? Even given Xhaka a new contract based on what? Jack is and always will be a lot more talented than all of those players and he actually fucking cares.

If we had cleared out all the names mentioned above and then Jack as well fair enough you could say we really are being ruthless and ridding ourselves of the shite but to me we're actually getting rid of the best one (even though that might not be saying a great deal).
:high5:

He has that something 'special' about him as a player, it cannot be learnt or acquired, it is something certain players are born with - natural ability - apart from being plagued by injuries, as many have already pointed out - With a manager who knew what he was doin - Jack could have avoided many on the pitch injuries - How to stand off and not go into the tackle so early, and how to release the ball earlier and not not get clobbered etc

I was so relieved when wenger went - But I am only now beginning to realise just how much of an UTTER FUCKIN@ MESS He has left the club in - in all sorts of ways from bottom to top.

He deserves every bit of criticism that comes his way the cuntslop.

I wish Jack the best and hope he can enjoy what is left of his career. Post Wenger FuckUp

Herd

Post by Herd »

Heart said stay but my head says go.
At the end of the day you cannot make plans around injury prone players ,which was one of Wengers biggest flaws .
I wish him no harm and hope he can have a good career elsewhere !

Post by 1989 »

GTG wrote:
augie wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:

Best wishes Jack 8)

To be fair, Jack wants to start every game and that's something Emery told him he can't guarantee him as he doesn't see him as a key player. Blokes like Elneny are happy to be squad players. That's why Jack is gone and Elneny is still here.

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

Whilst I am sad, I'm also annoyed with Jack, because he didn't help himself.
Being caught smoking twice showed a disregard for his luck in being a professional athlete and for the fans and club. Also, his open refusal to change his style of play (i.e. dribbling passed a player then letting the player chop him down) despite his injury record was stupid. But overall I have that Wenger-induced 'what could've been' feeling. I know I'll hate seeing him in another club's kit.

markyp

Post by markyp »

GTG wrote:
augie wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:

Best wishes Jack 8)

who says eleneny and iwobi are staying?? its early days and jack is out of contract so of course he is first out of the door,when the squad returns after the WC im sure there will be plenty more shown the door,but yes the new contract for xhaka is baffling

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

GTG wrote:
augie wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:

Best wishes Jack 8)

Sad to see Jack leave as he is one of us, bit like Charlie George, real Arsenal fan who got to play for the club.
Unfortunately, if the manager is to play a high pressing game with intensity, then i don't think that is going to suit Jack due to his previous injury problems.

Jock Gooner

Re: CESC FOR JACK?

Post by Jock Gooner »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:59 pm
It's a good move to let him go. He's not going to be a long term option , doesn't deserve the type of deal he thinks he does and this club has needed this type of decision making for years. It's a sign that the shit, wasteful sentimental contract extensions of that old *word censored*' s time are over. Emery has taken out the poster boy of the waste years in his first six weeks in the job. It's a message to the others that past actions and potential aren't going to fucking cut it any more. It's a good decision by the boss.

This is spot on and as you rightly say bodes well for the future.

I am hoping to remember Jack as the last Arsenal player for a long time who was allowed to run his contract down. That shit stops now.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Herd wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:47 am
Heart said stay but my head says go.
At the end of the day you cannot make plans around injury prone players ,which was one of Wengers biggest flaws .
I wish him no harm and hope he can have a good career elsewhere !
Yeah, Herd exactly what I think. He's a Gooner. Who doesn't want our team to be full of players that understand what its like to play for the club they love, rather than it just being a big fat payday.

Sadly, he made some mistakes along the way that when you combine it with his injury record makes it hard for Emery/Arsenal to offer him a decent contract and the promise he will be a starter every game if he's fit. If he turns up in a West Ham shirt next season, I won't hold it against him and give him a respectful round of applause.

I am concerned at Xhaka being offered a new contract though, he hasn't really done anything to deserve it so far and no doubt it involves a significant pay rise.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:19 am
Bradywasking wrote:
Wish him well, wonder where he will end up ?
He'll want to stay in Laaahndaahhn you slaaaag I'd imagine so my money is on west sham.

If he went somewhere like Newcastle he'd struggle to learn the language as he isn't the brightest. :lol: :wink:
Whyyy ayyyye munn alsooo the Lasses .. :rubchin: or is it Lassies ... hey what's the difference they're all dog butfuck uggo's

anyhooo they only do it against walls so with his dodgy knee he'd struggle with the weeemunn oop there whyyy ayyyye. :D