other matches this weekend - Sean Dyche appreciation thread!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Jock Gooner

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by Jock Gooner »

If the FA cup is going to be worth a shit then it needs to get back to Saturday 3pm kick offs with the exception of say 2 or 3 televised games. Going back to holding the semi finals at neutral grounds would be a good move too. Not difficult really.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Just like to take this opportunity to laugh at media darlings Leicester Shitty, Jamie the diving Chav Vardy and that smug, jug-eared scum *word censored* Lineker.

CloakedGooner

Post by CloakedGooner »

Great result for Barnet yesterday, beating Sheffield United away :)

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:57 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:28 am
How on earth Germany could leave out a player of Sane's quality is beyond me - pace, power and certainly an end product.

Have some of that you Mickey c.unts !!

You drinking this morning steve ?? :shock: :shock: :shock: Sane was so far beyond shit, then he couldnt even see back to where shit was :oops: I am still stunned that pep left him on all game, and am even more stunned that you felt he played well.

DB10, I watched citeeh play the victims a few times last season, and every single time a scouse player went near sterling he literally pissed himself. Last night he wanted the ball, he didnt shy away from the physical challenges, and as has been said already, he set up the winner and should have had a penalty as well. I constantly slate the guy cos he is vastly over-rated imo, but last night I will give credit where it is due and say that I thought that he excellent
Sane or Iwobi? :D :D :D

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

northbank123 wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:33 pm
Ziegler1988 wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:14 pm
northbank123 wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:15 pm
Why are there 8 games today and 5 early kicks off and 5 late kick offs yesterday?

They move enough games for television, why are they moving so many which aren’t televised?
It's for international broadcasting :banghead:
https://www.express.co.uk/sport/footbal ... FA-Wembley

Ruins the 3pm Saturday slot even more
Complete and utter disgrace. It’s like the FA have just given up on any thoughts of reviving the FA cup as a top competition and are just treating it as a cash cow to milk.

6+ televised games is bad enough, especially when the top 6 are nearly always televised no matter who they play. But another brilliant part of the FA Cup earlier rounds is having the results flying in and late goals everywhere is a massive part of the drama.

I don’t see how international broadcasting is aided by playing 5 games at lunchtime on Saturday. Put on 3 games or 10 games, makes no difference because nobody outside of the UK is going to be watching Burnley v Barnsley or West Brom v Wigan over Man United playing at the same time.

It’s just a massive inconvenience to fans who are going to these games and is making the competition feel even more like a friendly/exhibition tournament with games spread out evenly over a few days.
couldn't agree more.
basically the excitement of 3rd Round day is a bit of a myth.
most of the matches are actually not that interesting - the interest always used to come when all matches kicked off at the same time, and then there were 1 or 2 giant killing matches that emerged.

Ok yesterday wasn't too bad in terms of the shocks, but to be honest I had lost all interest in the FA Cup weekend by then.
3rd round matches should be on the Saturday - End of.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Bye bye Liverpool

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

That's 2 trophies bottled by Stupid Teeth. Two to go...

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Draw incoming....

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

United at home :barscarf:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

I wonder who we'll get in the 5th round? Palace away probably

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

Damn United at home it is! I am excited for the tie but lowkey nervous. If we win this there’s a good chance to go all the way.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:52 pm
United at home :barscarf:
Big. Yes drawing a shit side at home to coast through would have been tempting, but fuck it these are the sort of games which we want to see. A proper fucking cup tie. Business. Just

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

Well let’s see how their new ‘messiah’ does over the next few tougher games and bring it on! Gonna be tough, but a great game to look forward to. Just hope we’ve found a bit of form by then!

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

goonertux wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:14 pm
Well let’s see how their new ‘messiah’ does over the next few tougher games and bring it on! Gonna be tough, but a great game to look forward to. Just hope we’ve found a bit of form by then!
Just noticed they’ve only got the Spuds away then Brighton at home before this tie. So still hard to judge if they’ve really turned the corner.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

I'm always in the "easiest tie possible" camp so this draw can fuck off. I'll be in the Caribbean for the cricket when this is on but would still be nice to come home to our season still being alive on two fronts (FA Cup and Europe)