other matches this weekend

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by DB10GOONER »

xisstential wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:14 pm
Keeper is a complete arsehole....
Absolute wànker.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Fucking Sterling did his best to miss that ffs. :lol: Terrible penno.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

that's Sarri sacked. Chelsea played well but Kepa has put the final nail in the coffin by totally disrespecting the manager.

dreadful behaviour. deserves to rot in the reserves but I doubt he'll have to if Sarri goes.

Sarri shouldn't have backed down. Weird.

oh well :lol:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

TBH I barely watched the game...kinda on and off, barely interested in who won. But after seeing that classless display from the keeper and the players backing him, it reminded me what an awful club Chelsea are. Glad they lost.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Good to see Sterling score the winning penalty after the chavs racially abused him the other week. Scum will always be the proper joke club of English football but the chavs are now pushing them close.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Next time I get asked to do something at work I might refuse and have a stand off with my boss, see how that goes down. I'm not a pampered arsehole modern footballer though so it probably won't go well. I'll almost certainly end up with a P45 rather than my manager. Not the case in the fucked up world of modern football though.
Last edited by Leyton Gooner on Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

xisstential wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:21 pm
TBH I barely watched the game...kinda on and off, barely interested in who won. But after seeing that classless display from the keeper and the players backing him, it reminded me what an awful club Chelsea are. Glad they lost.
Same tbh although would always have preferred City to win and keep up the momentum in chasing down the Dippers.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

That’s disgraceful and hilarious in equal measure.

Sarri was a goner anyway - they’d have sacked him already if it wasn’t for this game on the horizon - but fucking hell that has really forced their hand.

This keeper is young but an absolute no-mark at the moment - currently he is just the most overpriced keeper on the planet and I’m not convinced he gets into the top 5 keepers in the league.

That a youngster would even contemplate that show of defiance sums up the balance of power there. Back in the day John Terry would have ripped somebody’s throat out for doing that to Mourinho, and they’d be sold as soon as possible. Fast forward and Sarri will get the boot tomorrow whilst Chelsea’s players will just sack the next manager if they don’t like him.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

northbank123 wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:29 pm

Sarri was a goner anyway - they’d have sacked him already if it wasn’t for this game on the horizon - but fucking hell that has really forced their hand.

This keeper is young but an absolute no-mark at the moment - currently he is just the most overpriced keeper on the planet and I’m not convinced he gets into the top 5 keepers in the league.

That a youngster would even contemplate that show of defiance sums up the balance of power there. Back in the day John Terry would have ripped somebody’s throat out for doing that to Mourinho, and they’d be sold as soon as possible. Fast forward and Sarri will get the boot tomorrow whilst Chelsea’s players will just sack the next manager if they don’t like him.
He carries himself like a complete arsehole, a cocky, mouthy little prick who thinks he is much better than he actually is. If he wasn't so busy trying to put Aguero off, he would/should have saved his pen. I bet if Sarri has a go at him in the dressing room now or tomorrow, the players will tell him to back off and leave the kid alone. Ghastly club.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

northbank123 wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:29 pm

To be fair, John Terry would have slept with his bird behind his back and was behind the sacking of a few chavs managers over the years. There is no bigger *word censored* in football than Terry.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Sarri is backing down, says it was a misunderstanding. Player Power is rife in a rotten club.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Bradywasking wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:03 pm
Sarri is backing down, says it was a misunderstanding. Player Power is rife in a rotten club.
He backed down at the time and he’s done it again now. To be fair it was completely fucking disgraceful and an unbelievable position to be put in, but he should have stuck to his guns. Obviously wanted Caballero on for the pens, just looks silly to suggest otherwise now.

Azpilicueta claiming not to have seen it - embarrassment. Club captain should have walked across and sorted Kepa out. Kepa’s wink summed it up.

The whole club is completely rotten. Frankly it’s a joke that they are neck and neck with us, and taking hidings left right and centre. Their back 5 cost about £200m, and going forwards they have arguably the best player in the league in Hazard. Kante is a top drawer DM and they have plenty of good attacking players in Willian, Pedro, Kovacic and Higuain. At least three or four other midfielders capable of playing regularly at this Rory of level.

I’m not entirely sold on Sarri - another trophyless wonder - but the club is a joke and this will keep happening unless they just appoint a manager who will wield power (like a John Terry).

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Fuck em. 8)

Sam.Harrison

Post by Sam.Harrison »

northbank123 wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:16 pm
Bradywasking wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:03 pm
He backed down at the time and he’s done it again now. To be fair it was completely fucking disgraceful and an unbelievable position to be put in, but he should have stuck to his guns. Obviously wanted Caballero on for the pens, just looks silly to suggest otherwise now.

Azpilicueta claiming not to have seen it - embarrassment. Club captain should have walked across and sorted Kepa out. Kepa’s wink summed it up.

The whole club is completely rotten. Frankly it’s a joke that they are neck and neck with us, and taking hidings left right and centre. Their back 5 cost about £200m, and going forwards they have arguably the best player in the league in Hazard. Kante is a top drawer DM and they have plenty of good attacking players in Willian, Pedro, Kovacic and Higuain. At least three or four other midfielders capable of playing regularly at this Rory of level.

I’m not entirely sold on Sarri - another trophyless wonder - but the club is a joke and this will keep happening unless they just appoint a manager who will wield power (like a John Terry).
Not the only thing John Terry will be wielding :wink:

Midz

Post by Midz »

Reckon their advisers have told them to say it was a misunderstanding.

Kepa just needed to walk over to the bench and explain that he was ok to carry on, but his behaviour clearly showed what a *word censored* he was.