other matches this weekend - Sean Dyche appreciation thread!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by augie »

Bradywasking wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:24 pm
Liverpool destroyed Leicester City tonight but at 1-0 Leicester City were getting a bit of a lift and had threatened to threaten Liverpool a few times.Then Liverpool get a penalty that frankly would not be given against Liverpool. They are the best team by a mile and will win the title but you would get sick of decision after decision going their way.

Tbf it was a nailed on penalty though

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

augie wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:34 am
Bradywasking wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:24 pm
Liverpool destroyed Leicester City tonight but at 1-0 Leicester City were getting a bit of a lift and had threatened to threaten Liverpool a few times.Then Liverpool get a penalty that frankly would not be given against Liverpool. They are the best team by a mile and will win the title but you would get sick of decision after decision going their way.
[/quote

Tbf it was a nailed on penalty though
Did you think so?, regardless of the rights or wrongs of it I am fairly certain it wouldn't be given against Liverpool at Anfield.

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

Traore of Wolves is a powerfully-built and supremely skillful player who is probably three times as effective as any of our current crop of wide midfielders. He reminds me of peak Rocky.

augie

Post by augie »

Bob Bayliss wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:33 pm
Traore of Wolves is a powerfully-built and supremely skillful player who is probably three times as effective as any of our current crop of wide midfielders. He reminds me of peak Rocky.

Skillful ?? :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit:

He is a strong powerful fast athlete, but skillful ? No fcuking chance :lol: :lol:

Clash

Post by Clash »

So wolves come from 2-0 down to beat 10 Man City.

Good side wolves... and their next game is away at Liverpool. ... but only 48 hours to prepare for it :roll: Everything is going the bin dippers way.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Clash wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:48 pm
So wolves come from 2-0 down to beat 10 Man City.

Good side wolves... and their next game is away at Liverpool. ... but only 48 hours to prepare for it :roll: Everything is going the bin dippers way.
Everything ....

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

The fucking victims will have it mathematically won by the end of January at this rate. Scant consolation but at least we won’t have a massive spunk fest where they march towards the title in the last few games of the season winning it at the end.

It will still be horrific but they’ll have it won so far in advance of the season’s end it will almost be a case of so fucking what by the time they get their hands on the trophy.

Still though..... :banghead:

Clash

Post by Clash »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:51 pm
The fucking victims will have it mathematically won by the end of January at this rate. Scant consolation but at least we won’t have a massive spunk fest where they march towards the title in the last few games of the season winning it at the end.

It will still be horrific but they’ll have it won so far in advance of the season’s end it will almost be a case of so fucking what by the time they get their hands on the trophy.

Yeah I said a while ago that I’m now resigned to them winning the title this year so I’m just hoping it’s as much of an anti-climax as possible when it happens.

And maybe as far as them not going unbeaten is concerned, the earlier they win it the better because then they’ll have a lot of meaningless games to play and they might even field weakened teams in some of them.

Real pity to see this after the massive relief of them not winning it last year though :banghead:

Clash

Post by Clash »

Clash wrote:
So wolves come from 2-0 down to beat 10 Man City. **

** 10 man Man City

Fucking auto-correct does my head in :banghead: :banghead:

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

Clash wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:09 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:51 pm

Yeah I said a while ago that I’m now resigned to them winning the title this year so I’m just hoping it’s as much of an anti-climax as possible when it happens.

And maybe as far as them not going unbeaten is concerned, the earlier they win it the better because then they’ll have a lot of meaningless games to play and they might even field weakened teams in some of them.

Real pity to see this after the massive relief of them not winning it last year though :banghead:
Exactly. No chance they go unbeaten.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

I said in the summer, they’d be 12 clear bu xmas!
Citeh are soft as shite and this has been arguably one of the most pathetic title defences i’ve ever witnessed! Given they are managed by a managerial genius!
Did I say genius? Sorry ! I meant to say “fraudulent spineless c u n t”
Wouldn’t surprise me if they didn’t make top 4!
On mousers going unbeaten?
I wouldn’t bet against it! But as others have pointed out, their final 10 plge games being irrelevant might be the decisive factor!

The Arsenal Way

Post by The Arsenal Way »

Clash wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:11 pm
Clash wrote:

** 10 man Man City

:D
But 10 man City does scan better. :D

Clash

Post by Clash »

The Arsenal Way wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:33 am
Clash wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:11 pm
Clash wrote:

** 10 man Man City

:D
But 10 man City does scan better. :D
yes it does :D and that is what I originally typed but auto-correct decided to change it to a capital M and then it makes no sense. And I am sure it also changed to W of Wolves to a small w, making me look even more of a dunce! :roll: :banghead:

Clash

Post by Clash »

I see Brighton have closed the gap on us to a point .... but they did beat Bournemouth which done us a favour.

Its much more exciting down at the bottom, I dont know what everyones moaning about!

:barscarf:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Clash wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:43 pm
I see Brighton have closed the gap on us to a point .... but they did beat Bournemouth which done us a favour.

Its much more exciting down at the bottom, I dont know what everyones moaning about!

:barscarf:
Put that sherry bottle back in the cupboard mate :lol: