other matches this weekend - Sean Dyche appreciation thread!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
falkirk goon

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by falkirk goon »

Clash wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:30 pm
2001/02 Arsenal unbeaten away and scored in every game :barscarf:

2003/04 Arsenal unbeaten home and away :barscarf:

2019/20 - none of those things can happen. I think Liverpool went on some run of some sort in the weakest league in living memory but I've forgotten it already!
W anking material
W anking material
W anking material
:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Let no one ever ever belittle that fantastic achievement. This is the shittest PL season for many a year and still it couldn't be done. Not that this Scouse scum side are anything special and The Invincibles would tear them a new arsehole.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

I’ll be honest, I don’t really like the 49 song being sung at every away game. It’s a bit much at times.

But fuck me has that brought me some fucking joy.

Fucking walloped.

herbert

Post by herbert »

Clash wrote:

2019/20 - none of those things can happen. I think Liverpool went on some run of some sort in the weakest league in living memory but I've forgotten it already!

:lol:

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

JCB

Post by JCB »

Love it!! :barscarf:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:29 pm
I bet Rodders is having a Barry White Night! :lol: :lol: :lol:
For weeks now all I’ve wanted is for this cluster fuck of a season to be over ASAP and those c.unts to lose a game.

Thank fuck for that :barscarf:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

northbank123 wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:34 pm
I’ll be honest, I don’t really like the 49 song being sung at every away game. It’s a bit much at times.

Fucking walloped.
Expect it to get a fucking serious rendition at Pompey Monday night......multiple times :barscarf:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

I thought it would happen at City or perhaps at Everton and a big part of me wanted us to end their run but fucking hell, they might well be winning it but there'll always be that little bit of disappointment in them when they see that table and it has a 1 or whatever in that L column. They're being billed as some sort of super team but right now, they are on a par with our 1990-91 side and the Chavs from 2005.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Them losing a game, the FA Cup and the Europa League (cheers Mikel) were all that were keeping me going for weeks

Roll on Monday night !

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Clash wrote:

Brilliant clash

I took a screenshot of it and shared it to my mates

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

In this shower of shit of a season, I feel as though a great weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

Looking forward to singing 49 undefeated vs the scousers at the end of the season, no matter what happens now.

John F

Post by John F »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:39 pm
I thought it would happen at City or perhaps at Everton and a big part of me wanted us to end their run but fucking hell, they might well be winning it but there'll always be that little bit of disappointment in them when they see that table and it has a 1 or whatever in that L column. They're being billed as some sort of super team but right now, they are on a par with our 1990-91 side and the Chavs from 2005.
That little bit of disappointment is right.I was at that Chelsea game 1991 standing by the Sheds t bar and it still pisses me off that we lost that game.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:38 pm
northbank123 wrote:

Fucking walloped.
Expect it to get a fucking serious rendition at Pompey Monday night......multiple times :barscarf:
And so it should.

Ironically I remember going to Fratton Park in the Invincibles season to see us fucking wallop them in the cup, we were unbelievable - great game. I think it was also game 36 I think of the Invincibles season, we got outplayed and Lehmann was amazing as we stole a draw.

And that is fucking poetic justice David Pleat.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:38 pm
northbank123 wrote:

Fucking walloped.
That and

It's Up For Grabs Nowww! :barscarf:

It's Up For Grabs Nowww! :barscarf:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

John F wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:46 pm
Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:39 pm
That little bit of disappointment is right.I was at that Chelsea game 1991 standing by the Sheds t bar and it still pisses me off that we lost that game.
I don't think we ever had the credit we deserved for that season. We were incredible, lost just one game all season, when the top flight was like a battle field every week, had two points deducted for something which had happened a million times before and a million times since and only conceded 18 goals all season. We were fucking immense.