other matches this weekend

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by OneBardGooner »

falkirk goon wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:33 pm
Clash wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:30 pm
2001/02 Arsenal unbeaten away and scored in every game :barscarf:

2003/04 Arsenal unbeaten home and away :barscarf:

2019/20 - none of those things can happen. I think Liverpool went on some run of some sort in the weakest league in living memory but I've forgotten it already!
W anking material
W anking material
W anking material
:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

:rubchin: :rubchin: :rubchin:

Uhmmmm...

Okay:

:wink:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

northbank123 wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:34 pm
I’ll be honest, I don’t really like the 49 song being sung at every away game. It’s a bit much at times.

But fuck me has that brought me some fucking joy.

Fucking walloped.
It's just about as symbolic a song as you can get to sum up the golden years. Simple but class to sing en masse.

I remember the FA cup in 2015 vs Villa, the 49 Undefeated chant started in the upper tier at Wembley behind the goal and the whole end was singing it for a good minute. Amazing atmosphere.

John F

Post by John F »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:18 pm
John F wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:46 pm
Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:39 pm
I thought it would happen at City or perhaps at Everton and a big part of me wanted us to end their run but fucking hell, they might well be winning it but there'll always be that little bit of disappointment in them when they see that table and it has a 1 or whatever in that L column. They're being billed as some sort of super team but right now, they are on a par with our 1990-91 side and the Chavs from 2005.
That little bit of disappointment is right.I was at that Chelsea game 1991 standing by the Sheds t bar and it still pisses me off that we lost that game.
I don't think we ever had the credit we deserved for that season. We were incredible, lost just one game all season, when the top flight was like a battle field every week, had two points deducted for something which had happened a million times before and a million times since and only conceded 18 goals all season. We were fucking immense.
Spot on Perry I loved the way George used that 2pts deducted and Tony Adams doing time incident as motivation for the team.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:34 pm
northbank123 wrote:
I’ll be honest, I don’t really like the 49 song being sung at every away game. It’s a bit much at times.

Fucking walloped.
It's just about as symbolic a song as you can get to sum up the golden years. Simple but class to sing en masse.

I remember the FA cup in 2015 vs Villa, the 49 Undefeated chant started in the upper tier at Wembley behind the goal and the whole end was singing it for a good minute. Amazing atmosphere.
I don’t mind the song mate, much like the other songs about winning titles and the doubles etc. Could just do without it being sung every single game as if it’s the only achievement in our (recent) history.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

northbank123 wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:34 pm
northbank123 wrote:

Fucking walloped.

I don’t mind the song mate, much like the other songs about winning titles and the doubles etc. Could just do without it being sung every single game as if it’s the only achievement in our (recent) history.
Always liked the idea of having a song about being record FA cup winners. Not creative enough to think of one myself though

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

That shipman vagrantKlopp still managed to make it about him, apparently when the whistle went he went around smiling and 'hugging' all the Watford players... just like that sneakyslimeballCUNT stevie me .. the Vagrant made sure it was all about him..CUUNT. :cussing:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:01 pm
That shipman vagrantKlopp still managed to make it about him, apparently when the whistle went he went around smiling and 'hugging' all the Watford players... just like that sneakyslimeballCUNT stevie me .. the Vagrant made sure it was all about him..CUUNT. :cussing:
Everyday in every way I find myself hating that man more and more..Mourinho and Ferguson actually have more class and grace than Klopp..

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Ok so immediate disclosure roddaz is fucking pissed. Went out on the final whistle when them c.unts lost and went full steam.

Thing is the invincible tag is ours and will forever be fucking ours.

I knew at the time that it was the greatest ever Arsenal team I’d ever see and I know it now. There will never be a better team than that. They were an absolute fucking privilege and honour to behold. I’ve loved this club since the day I cried my eyes out to the Stein brothers and Luton fucking Town.

Arsenal Football Club is in my blood, every single day it’s in my mind and I basically live from game to game. Rodders has a beautiful wife and two beautiful kids. The Rodder-ette and Roddaz Jnr. But without AFC I’m nothing.

I love this club and I love all you c.unts on this forum (except Augie :roll: :wink:)

I’m backing the manager because I always have from George to Mikel.

Don’t tell her indoors (because I do love her) but nothing will ever match the love I have for this club.

Remember the disclosure earlier? Yeah me too but fuck it we’re all the same on here. Hopeless fucking romantics with a sprinkling of fucking idiots.

I love this club. I hate this club. But my life will forever revolve around this club.

I am Arsenal and Arsenal is me.

Night birth brothers and sisters.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:12 am
Ok so immediate disclosure roddaz is fucking pissed. Went out on the final whistle when them c.unts lost and went full steam.

I knew at the time that it was the greatest ever Arsenal team I’d ever see and I know it now. There will never be a better team than that. They were an absolute fucking privilege and honour to behold. I’ve loved this club since the day I cried my eyes out to the Stein brothers and Luton fucking Town.

Arsenal Football Club is in my blood, every single day it’s in my mind and I basically live from game to game. Rodders has a beautiful wife and two beautiful kids. The Rodder-ette and Roddaz Jnr. But without AFC I’m nothing.

I love this club and I love all you c.unts on this forum (except Augie :roll: :wink:)

Don’t tell her indoors (because I do love her) but nothing will ever match the love I have for this club.

Remember the disclosure earlier? Yeah me too but fuck it we’re all the same on here. Hopeless fucking romantics with a sprinkling of fucking idiots.

I love this club. I hate this club. But my life will forever revolve around this club.

Beautiful....

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Bradywasking wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:57 am
rodders999 wrote:

Beautiful....
I concur wholeheartedly BWK 8) I had a little tear in my eye reading this :barscarf:

Clash

Post by Clash »

rodders999 wrote:

That my friend, is pure poetry 8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Clash wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:15 am
rodders999 wrote:

That my Brother, is pure poetry 8)
:wink:

FFS Rodders that brought a lump to my throat and I don't mean in the Big Bubba has got me on my knees when I did time kinda way... :shock: :oops: :oops: :wink:

Rodders! drunk or sober you are as Clash has rightly said a Fuckkin' "POET".. and trust me I know.

:barscarf: 49 49 Un-defeated!!! :barscarf:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Love how all the Scouse support I know are now saying the unbeaten record meant nothing too them.

24 hours ago they were gagging for it.

Yours will never be GOLD

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Come on City - our hopes of qualifying for the Europa League need you to win this. Villa win and we'll need to finish 6th or win the FA Cup

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Wolves had a nice win today :lol:

Results went our way this weekend, pretty much.