other matches this weekend

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by DB10GOONER »

Redarmy wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:44 am
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:51 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:50 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:18 pm
Watching Douzi in action for Hertha to pass the time before our kick off and holy fuck he’s having an absolute mare.

He came on as a sub, dived in his own box trying to con a free kick which he didn’t get which led to a goal then fell asleep on a cross and let his man have an unchallenged header which was buried to make it 3 nil.

Shocking performance.
Good job the genius at the helm recalled Elneny from loan, and signed Almeria/Getafe up for another year to really maximise the improvement in that position :D
The implication being that Dozi would be an improvement when he's been having a mare by all accounts at Hertha, called out bluntly twice in the press by the manager and on and off field run ins with his team mates..... yeah he'd have really improved an already shit midfield by the sounds of it :rubchin:
lets get it right...elneny, guendouzi, xaha and ceballos are all sub standard
Agreed.

Of them, the Dozer had the potential to be a top player, but his apparent attitude problem will in all likelihood prevent him from ever achieving that potential. The rest of them? All proven garbage.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
Watching Douzi in action for Hertha to pass the time before our kick off and holy fuck he’s having an absolute mare.

He came on as a sub, dived in his own box trying to con a free kick which he didn’t get which led to a goal then fell asleep on a cross and let his man have an unchallenged header which was buried to make it 3 nil.

Shocking performance.
Good job the genius at the helm recalled Elneny from loan, and signed Almeria/Getafe up for another year to really maximise the improvement in that position :D
The implication being that Dozi would be an improvement when he's been having a mare by all accounts at Hertha, called out bluntly twice in the press by the manager and on and off field run ins with his team mates..... yeah he'd have really improved an already shit midfield by the sounds of it :rubchin:
Or the implication instead perhaps could be that neither are good enough and buy/play someone who is? Just a thought.....

Jimmel

Post by Jimmel »

Any advice on which teams to bet on this weekend? On captaingambling.com I found just general sports betting tips.
Last edited by Jimmel on Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Jimmel wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:24 pm
Any advice on which teams to bet on this weekend?
Yeah, lump on Leicester :D

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:54 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

Shocking performance.
Or the implication instead perhaps could be that neither are good enough and buy/play someone who is? Just a thought.....
But my problem with this is that you seem to imply that Arteta can actually do something with Guendozi, he cant manage the other muppets how the hell can he manage a troublesome Guendozi if a much more experienced manager can't, Guendozi potentially could be a decent player, personally i'm not convinced, but the idea that Arteta could get that out of him is ridiculous as far as i am concerned.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:17 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:54 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

Shocking performance.
But my problem with this is that you seem to imply that Arteta can actually do something with Guendozi, he cant manage the other muppets how the hell can he manage a troublesome Guendozi if a much more experienced manager can't, Guendozi potentially could be a decent player, personally i'm not convinced, but the idea that Arteta could get that out of him is ridiculous as far as i am concerned.
I can't disagree with that, but I could say that about so many players.....especially Martinelli. Douzi ain't a world beater, and he's a moody little fucker too, but when I see Elneny, Xhaka and Ceballos stealing a living week after week you wonder if it would be possible for him to be any worse......even with El Beige in charge

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

As i said mate, if Arteta is struggling to manage some of the slipper wearing idiots we currently have then no way is he going to manage Guendozi, so i actually think having a potentially troublesome player in a squad which already lacks confidence and cohesion could actually make things worse.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Bild report that there has been a ‘player revolt’ against Schalke manager Christian Gross, with the report naming Sead Kolasinac, Shkodran Mustafi & Klass-Jan Huntelaar as the players involved. https://t.co/RrP2KTAkbx

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Obviously the money issue clouds any statement about how incredible city are (£350 million worth of talent on their bench alone today :shock: ) but watching them absolutely piss the league without a striker is still unreal.

All the great league winning teams have had strikers who’ve scored shit loads of goals throughout the season but they’re going to do it by relying completely on midfielders.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:27 pm
As i said mate, if Arteta is struggling to manage some of the slipper wearing idiots we currently have then no way is he going to manage Guendozi, so i actually think having a potentially troublesome player in a squad which already lacks confidence and cohesion could actually make things worse.
Add to that the fact he is utter shite!
There has been a myth created on this forum that he could play!
He was fucking useless, couldn't tackle, couldn't score goals, contributed fuck all, easily pushed off the ball, but ran around like fucking Bambi with a big mouth.
I honestly think he is worse than any of the shite we currently have!
As I've said before, Emery left Arteta with a bigger fucking mess than he inherited, at least Arteta has gone some way to sorting it out, I know there's still more to do, but seeing Ozil, Dopey and Mustafi out the door, may well be his legacy

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Welbeck misses a penalty for Brighton and AMN misses a gilt edged chance for WBA with just the keeper to beat. Boy how I miss the two of them.

On the plus side it was nice to see AMN on the pitch for somebody other than us, I had no idea he was even there...the true sign of great players, they get loaned out and you don't notice :? :?

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

goonersid wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:51 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
He was fucking useless, couldn't tackle, couldn't score goals, contributed fuck all, easily pushed off the ball, but ran around like fucking Bambi with a big mouth.
As I've said before, Emery left Arteta with a bigger fucking mess than he inherited, at least Arteta has gone some way to sorting it out, I know there's still more to do, but seeing Ozil, Dopey and Mustafi out the door, may well be his legacy
He's no world beater but I'd say he's done more in his short career with us that than the Swiss turdbag has done in 100+ games

Arteta inherited a MUCH better situation than Emery did - two decent keepers (one of which he let go and replaced with the Icelandic no mark), Martinelli and Saka

I tell you what Emery inherited - the geriatric helmet headed cock in goal, Elneny, Koscielny at 35 years old, Mkhitaryan, Ozil, Ospina, Iwobi, Monreal aged 34, Mustafi, Chambers, Welbeck, Jenkinson, Kolasinac, Xhaka, Cazorla retiring/moving on, Mertesacker retiring, Wilshere fucked, Lucas fucking Perez, Joel Campbell........and a team that almost went the calendar year without winning a single away game and finished a distant 6th.

Arsene Wenger had cluttered the squad with c.unts above that gave us the 4th highest wage bill and who had no resale value, and squandered just about every saleable asset we had going for us..........leaving Dick with £40m to rebuild that entire fucked squad above. No young talents being brought through by Wenger......just a load of no mark and has been c.unts (as listed above).

I know you didn't like Emery mate, but to suggest he inherited something better than Arteta did is just insane. Wenger left us absolutely fucked and with a decade of a losing mentality behind us. I'll still maintain that finishing 5th with that crock of shit, just a point off the CL was a fantastic achievement. I bet we don't get that close under this manager, or any manager that this board appoints in the next few years (unless they somehow amaze us and get a proper manager like Allegri, rather than a novice or 'nice guy')

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:05 pm
goonersid wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:51 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
He's no world beater but I'd say he's done more in his short career with us that than the Swiss turdbag has done in 100+ games

Arteta inherited a MUCH better situation than Emery did - two decent keepers (one of which he let go and replaced with the Icelandic no mark), Martinelli and Saka

I tell you what Emery inherited - the geriatric helmet headed cock in goal, Elneny, Koscielny at 35 years old, Mkhitaryan, Ozil, Ospina, Iwobi, Monreal aged 34, Mustafi, Chambers, Welbeck, Jenkinson, Kolasinac, Xhaka, Cazorla retiring/moving on, Mertesacker retiring, Wilshere fucked, Lucas fucking Perez, Joel Campbell........and a team that almost went the calendar year without winning a single away game and finished a distant 6th.

Arsene Wenger had cluttered the squad with c.unts above that gave us the 4th highest wage bill and who had no resale value, and squandered just about every saleable asset we had going for us..........leaving Dick with £40m to rebuild that entire fucked squad above. No young talents being brought through by Wenger......just a load of no mark and has been c.unts (as listed above).

I know you didn't like Emery mate, but to suggest he inherited something better than Arteta did is just insane. Wenger left us absolutely fucked and with a decade of a losing mentality behind us. I'll still maintain that finishing 5th with that crock of shit, just a point off the CL was a fantastic achievement. I bet we don't get that close under this manager, or any manager that this board appoints in the next few years (unless they somehow amaze us and get a proper manager like Allegri, rather than a novice or 'nice guy')
I remember Wenger's last game at Hull, the only away game we won that entire season, we flew that plane over in the middle of the love fest, saying "Kroenke, you're next". Sky refused to film the plane but The Evening Standard contacted me afterward to ask what our (the protesting fans) plans were now. My exact words were "If the club employ a no mark like Arteta there is going to be trouble"

And guess what, here we are......... In trouble, and heading for plenty more........

Maybe 2 seasons of our supine fans murmering in the stands will eventually get rid of him??

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

So after shipping 4 last weekend Schalke went one better and conceded 5 today leaving them rooted to the bottom of the table.

Who’d have thought that signing two complete fucking skid marks in Mustafi and Kolasinac while in the middle of a relegation dogfight would lead to such disastrous consequences :lol: