other matches this weekend

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
TeeCee

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by TeeCee »

Rodders- that’s EXACTLY what I was thinking today! I wanted City to lose so they head into the CarBuyers cup feeling like they need to win a trophy rather than feeling like it’s the least important match they play between now and the end of the season. They’ll be fired up more for it now and if fat tongue is injured then I can see City stuffing them! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:31 pm
goonersid wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:24 pm
Citeh!
Always there for the taking, if you get tactics right, bit like our best wenker teams.
They wont win clge, lets just hope mourinho doesnt outfox pep, he's done it before!
City made 8 changes today so I wouldn’t read too much into that result. They were to total shit today so hopefully that puts a rocket up their hole and gives them massive motivation to destroy the scum.

Also that cup keeper they play is absolute shit, hope they play Ederson next Sunday.
So carabo cup, ahead of fa cup?

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Sid I reckon the reason they made so many changes today was because they were really put though the ringer midweek by Dortmund and with another league game Wednesday (away to Villa) and the final next Sunday Pep felt he couldn’t play the first 11 in every game.

Thank fuck the league cup final wasn’t this weekend or he may have thrown out the same team.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

TeeCee wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:36 pm
Rodders- that’s EXACTLY what I was thinking today! I wanted City to lose so they head into the CarBuyers cup feeling like they need to win a trophy rather than feeling like it’s the least important match they play between now and the end of the season. They’ll be fired up more for it now and if fat tongue is injured then I can see City stuffing them! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Yeah TeeCee there should definitely be no complacency next Sunday now after that poor showing today.

I was worried that if they were still in all 4 competitions they might take their eye off the ball in the Carabao but they will want to make a serious statement and win the thing comprehensively after being stung today.

The perfect result I reckon.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
goonersid wrote:
Citeh!
Always there for the taking, if you get tactics right, bit like our best wenker teams.
They wont win clge, lets just hope mourinho doesnt outfox pep, he's done it before!
City made 8 changes today so I wouldn’t read too much into that result. They were to total shit today so hopefully that puts a rocket up their hole and gives them massive motivation to destroy the scum.

Also that cup keeper they play is absolute shit, hope they play Ederson next Sunday.
Don't waste your time roddaz. Sids a nordy. They don't know anything about football. Or personal hygiene. :lol: :wink:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:59 pm
rodders999 wrote:
goonersid wrote:
Citeh!

Don't waste your time roddaz. Sids a nordy. They don't know anything about football. Or personal hygiene. :lol: :wink:
Don't you mean "soccer" DB? :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

goonersid wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:40 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:59 pm
rodders999 wrote:
goonersid wrote:
Citeh!

Don't you mean "soccer" DB? :wink:
:lol: :lol:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Have we ever had one of those finger nail offsides go in our favour, can’t remember one?

I see it took all of 13 seconds for united to get the benefit of one today :roll:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:08 pm
Have we ever had one of those finger nail offsides go in our favour, can’t remember one?

I see it took all of 13 seconds for united to get the benefit of one today :roll:
ex-ref Keith Hackett made a good point about the Saka offside. If you need to draw a line, it’s not clear and obvious.

Apparently in the MLS they don’t draw lines.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

g88ner wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:08 am
rodders999 wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:08 pm

ex-ref Keith Hackett made a good point about the Saka offside. If you need to draw a line, it’s not clear and obvious.

Apparently in the MLS they don’t draw lines.
I'd say that's bleedin obvious really. Particularly when it's so tight that one line partially overlays the other as it did in this case.

It's being studied to the Nth degree so they make the correct decision which is not why VAR was brought in.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

This may cheer some of you up a little, reports from Shalke that the players including former Arsenal 'Stars' were egged after they were relegated yesterday, now I'm not one to condone violence but those two muppets were deserving of more than a few eggs playing for us :lol:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Good old VAR :lol:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:59 pm
This may cheer some of you up a little, reports from Shalke that the players including former Arsenal 'Stars' were egged after they were relegated yesterday, now I'm not one to condone violence but those two muppets were deserving of more than a few eggs playing for us :lol:
I saw that today too - they hadn’t been relegated for years and years and even were runners up in 2018 !, which I didn’t have a scooby about

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56830666

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:34 pm
Good old VAR :lol:
No bloody hate it again :banghead:

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

VAR cheating again...clear and obvious my arse

its is corrupt. no doubt about certain teams are favored.