other matches this weekend

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by OneBardGooner »

Sadly - Truly SADLY. It makes me wonder how many of us will be giving a toss by the end of next season, because as each of the last 4 seasons have passed; with the exception of the 3 FA Cup wins in 4 years - My passion and interest in how we do or are - has been gradually fading.. I just don't know anymore - There is nothing I recognise as actually being Arsenal FC. you know THE Arsenal.

We are a ghost or pale imitation of what I remember, the Team I supported for more than 40 years, even including some of the the lean years in the 60's when regardless we were still THE Arsenal, now the cannon faces the wrong way. The "Spirit" of the club is almost non-existent in in the so-called modern business like climate.

And you know we are in BIG Trouble when the Majority of past legends/players are openly criticising Everything about the owners of the club, the manager and the players; even those who don't usually put their head above the parapet because they still want to appear & seen as still supporting the club.

The "Process' hasn't worked, it will NOT work because we have a Manager who is not experienced enough, wise enough, nor clever & clinically professional enough in how he conducts himself, how he manages the players and how he interacts with the fans.

We all want to and wish we could be "Positive" but I just don't see Anything improving to the point where we are Once more THE Arsenal.

WRONG Owners
WRONG Manager
WRONG Scouting / Recruitment Staff Team
WRONG Agents/Transfer People
WRONG Squad (10 years ago some of the current players wouldn't even get through the turnstiles never mind get on the pitch) :twisted:

WRONG EVERYTHING. :cry:

It breaks yer fuckinn' Heart.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

sorry wrong thread, but I'll leave it here anyway - :? :cry: :banghead:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 10:35 pm
Surely that should be WRONG thread ?

Bard, it’s heartbreaking that our club is one we hardly recognise - even in our days our having shit teams, we retained our class as a club.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

StuartL wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 9:01 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 10:35 pm
Surely that should be WRONG thread ?

Bard, it’s heartbreaking that our club is one we hardly recognise - even in our days our having shit teams, we retained our class as a club.
I know mate. As you say even during the wilderness / poor years when we had shitt teams - One of the reasons players did come to the club was because Arsenal FC was the by-word for "Class" - Denis Bergkamp cites that as one of his reasons for signing for us.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I clearly have no idea about football.
Can someone please explain why Jesse Lingard is playing in a Euro 2021 warm up game, but yet has been left out of the squad :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:37 pm
Can someone please explain why Jesse Lingard is playing in a Euro 2021 warm up game, but yet has been left out of the squad :D
:lol:

His little rapist face has made Gareth Waistcoat Features decide to cùnt him off. :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:52 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
:lol:

His little rapist face has made Gareth Waistcoat Features decide to cùnt him off. :D
That AND Because he is a C.U.N.T. :D

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Saka scores his 1st goal for England

John F

Post by John F »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Because Gormless Gareth is in charge. He is just the sort of overrated manager Arsenal will go for after Arteta.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

John F wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:25 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Because Gormless Gareth is in charge. He is just the sort of overrated manager Arsenal will go for after Arteta.

The choice of inadequate, shyte managers will continue as long as wiggyCUNT & CUNTY Jnr are the owners.

bommel

Post by bommel »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:33 am
John F wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:25 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Because Gormless Gareth is in charge. He is just the sort of overrated manager Arsenal will go for after Arteta. Even the Canadian bookmakers on playersbest.com now increased the odds for Arsenal.

The choice of inadequate, shyte managers will continue as long as wiggyCUNT & CUNTY Jnr are the owners.
I bet England will have a hard time in the Euro 2021 with Croatia and Czechia in their group. Gareth Southgate dismissed 7 players so let's see what kind of random performance we'll witness.
Last edited by bommel on Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

International football. Who gives a fùck!

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Clummo99 wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:55 am
charming!!!

although i fully agree with the sentiment, so long as england dont go long in a major tournament then my interests peaks to supporting whoever they play...despite being english, i couldn't stand to see all the scum, manc, chav players winning a trophy and the hysteria, legendary status it would bestow even more then 66 winners, despite it being my country. if full of arse players i would just be indifferent and not actively against.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Clummo99 wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:55 am
Yep. Fucking waste of time.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

The last international game I watched was Arsenal vs France. :lol:

Leave it all to the supporters of small clubs who look for glory by proxy.

I just cannot see how someone can cheer on players that at all other times they despise.

Just my opinion. 8)