other matches this weekend

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
GoonerMuzz

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by GoonerMuzz »

We can but hope for the sake of his family, friends and teammates he recovers. Very distressing for all those witnessing it.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

My God, honestly my God. I hope the poor bloke comes through this. What a terrible moment for him, his family, the players and those watching in the ground. Rivalries and results don't matter when a player's life is on the line so I hope to whatever God or whatever there is that the bloke gets through this.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I couldn't agree more Perry, no matter what past affiliations he is a human being with family and friends and what has happened is utterly shocking and really makes you think :rubchin:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

He’s awake and transferred to hospital.

Right. Drop ball and play on…. :shock:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:22 pm
My God, honestly my God. I hope the poor bloke comes through this. What a terrible moment for him, his family, the players and those watching in the ground. Rivalries and results don't matter when a player's life is on the line so I hope to whatever God or whatever there is that the bloke gets through this.
I was at the old Den when Rocky collapsed and went off on a stretcher, after apparently “swallowing his tounge”
He promptly re-appeared for the 2nd half :shock:

I didn’t watch the Denmark game, but the coverage was roundly condemned as being intrusive and disrespectful.
Glad to hear that he is awake, talking and should make a full recovery, fingers crossed.

Best wishes to him, family and team mates affected from the horrible experience

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Denmark’s team doctor Morten Boesen has confirmed Christian Eriksen suffered cardiac arrest and that ”he was gone” before he was resuscitated. Boesen says ”we got him back after one defib. That’s quite fast. ... How close were we? I don't know.” - @MattiasKaren

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:28 pm
Denmark’s team doctor Morten Boesen has confirmed Christian Eriksen suffered cardiac arrest and that ”he was gone” before he was resuscitated. Boesen says ”we got him back after one defib. That’s quite fast. ... How close were we? I don't know.” - @MattiasKaren
He was lucky they defribbed him so quickly. As a first aider I can tell you less than 6% of people survive from CPR. A defrib if used within about 5 minutes jumps that rate up to about 70% survival.

John F

Post by John F »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:18 pm
He was lucky they defribbed him so quickly. As a first aider I can tell you less than 6% of people survive from CPR. A defrib if used within about 5 minutes jumps that rate up to about 70% survival.
I was listening to a Doctor saying exactly the same.With a heart defect It was going to happen at some time and in a way he was very lucky to have it happen in a place where they had one and now he can be monitored.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Have you ever Defibbed someone by mistake mate? :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:31 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Just my own cock. :shock:

Don't ask. :lol: :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:28 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:31 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Just my own cock. :shock:

Don't ask. :lol: :wink:

:coffeespit:

:lol:

I dunno the lengths some people will go too to try and make their willies bigger! :lol: :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Before lockdown when we were all working from the office there used to be this last watt (a scouser say no more) he was always falling asleep at
his desk especailly when he was meant to be covering the emergency phones...

a few of us were tempted to Zap The cunnt and claim we thought he was having a heart attack or something... :D

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

No Tierney tonight for Scotland. Shame, just lost all interest :roll: :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

I really dont know how he can come out and say that - what happened to patient confidentiality ? I know all the world is keen to know what happened, but surely the doctor's priority is to the patient and his family ? Is it a case of a c.unt wanting his 5 mins of fame ?? :roll:

Speaking of a c.unt wanting his 5 mins of fame, what about the cardiologist who came out yesterday saying that eriksson may never play football again - have you seen his medical records and his test results buddy, cos if not just shut the fcuk up cos it aint nothing to do with you :evil:

Am I the only one that wondered if vertonghon was on the phone to eriksson's wife saturday wondering if she needed some support/consoling/cheap wild sex ? :rubchin: Ok it was just me then :oops: :oops:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:41 pm

Am I the only one that wondered if vertonghon was on the phone to eriksson's wife saturday wondering if she needed some support/consoling/cheap wild sex ? :rubchin: Ok it was just me then :oops: :oops:
:coffeespit:

No. Not just you. :lol: :wink: