other matches this weekend

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
John F

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by John F »

I don't mind watching the Euros especially from a betting perspective.What really annoys me is people who know nothing about football suddenly becoming passionate football fans.There is nothing more painful then having conversations with people(my inlaws) who through some media inspired false patriotism suddenly become really interested and think they are experts on the game :banghead: Thank fuck they haven't taken an interest in the cricket.
My outside tip to do well is Italy .

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

I'll be having a few bets, won't watch many games.
My tip of the week, Ingerland not to make it out of the group stage 16/1!
I think this is the weakest team they've had in a tournament in years!
I'll be in Swindon next Fri when they play Scotchland visiting some old Ingerlish mates from my days working there in the 80s! So I will need to be on my best behaviour :wink:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

John F wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:57 am
I don't mind watching the Euros especially from a betting perspective.What really annoys me is people who know nothing about football suddenly becoming passionate football fans.There is nothing more painful then having conversations with people(my inlaws) who through some media inspired false patriotism suddenly become really interested and think they are experts on the game :banghead: Thank fuck they haven't taken an interest in the cricket.
Yeah annoys me too that people who know nothing come across as knowledgable ……

Put your money on Brazil mate, they are a sure fire thing. :barscarf:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

goonersid wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:02 pm
I'll be in Swindon next Fri when they play Scotchland visiting some old Ingerlish mates from my days working there in the 80s! So I will need to be on my best behaviour :wink:
I'd be inclined to agree. Much as though there are undoubtedly good youngsters like Foden, when Jordan Pickford is your number 1 and you've got a ragbag collection of centre halves I can't see them doing anything much

I think the 3rd place spot coming into play probably means England will get through the group, but Croatia will be a good value bet to beat them and Scotland will play their hearts out and make it a very tough game.

Midz

Post by Midz »

StuartL wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:27 pm
John F wrote:

:D :D

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

goonersid wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:02 pm
You honestly think that is a good bet??
To get through you need 1 win, and England are playing all their games at home!

England will do well, not because they have a good team but because none of the other teams are that good either.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Watching Italy v Turkey reminded me of watching us at home to the Mickeys in that 0-3 reverse, that could have been 0-10

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:18 am
Watching Italy v Turkey reminded me of watching us at home to the Mickeys in that 0-3 reverse, that could have been 0-10
Oh come on the Turks weren't THAT bad :wink:

StuartL

Post by StuartL »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:18 am
I’m watched it too - mainly as I was “babysitting”

Not having watched any international football for years I was intrigued to see that Italy didn’t fuck about with it at the back or play unnecessary back passes to their goalkeeper (1st back pass was in 23rd minute) to put themselves under pressure.
They didn’t overplay it, with slow, tepid, sideways football, they often played a few passes then played a 30 / 40 yard pass to runners up top, bypassing midfield if required to….which worked very well..

I don’t watch much football, I have to force myself to watch our games, but are we the only team that plays the possession is everything way ?

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Midz wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:50 pm
StuartL wrote:
John F wrote:

With the Copa America on at the same time, it's easy to get confused between the two competitions :D

John F

Post by John F »

Nos89 wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:23 am
Midz wrote:
StuartL wrote:
John F wrote:

With the Copa America on at the same time, it's easy to get confused between the two competitions :D
I am backing France to win that. :D

StuartL

Post by StuartL »

John F wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:44 am
Nos89 wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:23 am
Midz wrote:
StuartL wrote:
John F wrote:

I am backing France to win that. :D
:lol:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Erikson? Currently being given CPR on the pitch, it does not look good

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Jesus, I fear the worst, went out like a light with eyes wide open. Trying to resuscitate for over 5 mins. Shocking, heart goes out to his family….also his teammates.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

They’ve been using a defibrillator on him, after 10 mins or so it’s really not good….