other matches this weekend

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Ernie71

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by Ernie71 »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 8:19 pm
If we assume that Everton drop points at City on the last day then two wins catches them.

Spurs and West Ham left to catch for 7th. Won’t happen but if West Ham don’t win either of their last two games then we catch them with two wins. I say it comes down to that last minute point they nicked last night. That will get them over the line. Without that they would have needed 4 points.

Forgetting the circa dozen or so points we have pissed away this season - Burnley home, PEA OG cost us a point. Burnley away Xhaka brain fart. Two points. (Plus no pen for blatant handball). Point at home to Everton when Leno threw one in. Leicester at home at least one point for disallowed goal and then getting mugged. Wolves away disgraceful sending off and then implosion cost us 3 points. Villa away dreadful OG early doors. I could go on.

Stop beating yourself up. We are where we are. Any team that has a midfield of Xhaka Partey Ceballos and Elneny doesnt deserve to be in the Johnstones Paint trophy

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Ernie71 wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 8:28 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
If we assume that Everton drop points at City on the last day then two wins catches them.

Spurs and West Ham left to catch for 7th. Won’t happen but if West Ham don’t win either of their last two games then we catch them with two wins. I say it comes down to that last minute point they nicked last night. That will get them over the line. Without that they would have needed 4 points.

Forgetting the circa dozen or so points we have pissed away this season - Burnley home, PEA OG cost us a point. Burnley away Xhaka brain fart. Two points. (Plus no pen for blatant handball). Point at home to Everton when Leno threw one in. Leicester at home at least one point for disallowed goal and then getting mugged. Wolves away disgraceful sending off and then implosion cost us 3 points. Villa away dreadful OG early doors. I could go on.

Stop beating yourself up. We are where we are. Any team that has a midfield of Xhaka Partey Ceballos and Elneny doesnt deserve to be in the Johnstones Paint trophy
Don’t you want to sup lager for 20p a pint in rural Macedonia? :barscarf:

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 12:47 pm
gooner265 wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 3:38 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 5:53 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 12:43 pm
Sometimes it's not just about the player but the team system and tactics. Maybe his game suits the way Newcastle play more than us?
Agreed. Pillock has been total garbage for us every single game. A quick run of form means nothing. Also, some players settle in better with less pressure at the smaller clubs.
Harsh on a 21 year old kid IMO, we've also decided Partey and Gabriel aren't good enough as well after good starts for us , maybe look at the coaching rather than the players?
Age has nothing to do with it. People said the same thing to me when I wrote off JET, Comedy Iwobi, Frimpong etc etc.

The top players even when young and inconsistent still have something in their game that stands out and you can see it. Pillock has played what, 80 games, for us? He's looked garbage in all of them. I think I'm safe enough in saying he won't be a top player.
You are probably right ,my point was out midfield is so bad he may have done a job off the bench grabbing a goal or two, anyway if it raises his value to get some money on , job done. We should have made Nelson go on loan too.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

gooner265 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 6:59 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
gooner265 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Clummo99 wrote:
Sometimes it's not just about the player but the team system and tactics. Maybe his game suits the way Newcastle play more than us?
Agreed. Pillock has been total garbage for us every single game. A quick run of form means nothing. Also, some players settle in better with less pressure at the smaller clubs.
Harsh on a 21 year old kid IMO, we've also decided Partey and Gabriel aren't good enough as well after good starts for us , maybe look at the coaching rather than the players?
Age has nothing to do with it. People said the same thing to me when I wrote off JET, Comedy Iwobi, Frimpong etc etc.

The top players even when young and inconsistent still have something in their game that stands out and you can see it. Pillock has played what, 80 games, for us? He's looked garbage in all of them. I think I'm safe enough in saying he won't be a top player.
You are probably right ,my point was out midfield is so bad he may have done a job off the bench grabbing a goal or two, anyway if it raises his value to get some money on , job done. We should have made Nelson go on loan too.
There's also the question of judging him just on the goals he's scoring. How else has he been performing? Unless you're watching all Newcastle matches you can't really know.

His penalty was terrible btw and lucky the ball fell straight back to him. :lol:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I championed Ancelotti for the Arsenal job when we sacked Wenger but watching the shite Everton produce most weeks I have to admit I was wrong.

The football is absolutely fucking dire and now the results are matching it. They’ve been massively lucky that Calvert Lewin produced the season of his life from nowhere (nobody could see that coming) or otherwise they would be in serious shit.

Most home defeats ever in a season this year too, they’re as shit as us :barscarf:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Harry Kane has told spurs he wants to leave.

SSN

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 6:15 pm

SSN
That’s them fucked now. Once you take away his goals (and to a lesser extent Son’s) they are absolute toilet.

You’d have to imagine he will go to City to replace Augero, I know all the talk is about united but I can’t see it.

The Spanish clubs are fucked so nothing doing that direction either.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

According to sky,City, utd and Chelsea have been in contact with his representatives

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

gooner265 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 6:59 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
gooner265 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Clummo99 wrote:

You are right mate. I don't rate AMN, Willock or Nelson but all three are ten times the player that Clive is or ever will be. I'd play any of them ahead of him.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 6:22 pm
According to sky,City, utd and Chelsea have been in contact with his representatives
Probably best that they’re dealing directly with his representatives because they wouldn’t understand a fucking word that dribble chinned c.unt was saying.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

mcdowell42 wrote:

SSN
If they ask him to put it in writing he will be buggered won’t he.

Will take him the next 2 seasons to complete it, in crayon, half munched, and as for licking the envelope ...... :shock:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

mcdowell42 wrote:

SSN
Bong!! The death knell for tottingham's golden era of haha I can't even finish that sentence! :lol: :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Ernie71 wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 8:28 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:

We couldn't win it anyway. :?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 7:12 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:

SSN
Bong!! The death knell for tottingham's golden era of haha I can't even finish that sentence! :lol: :lol:
That is Sooooo SPURZY isn't it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 7:55 am
I championed Ancelotti for the Arsenal job when we sacked Wenger but watching the shite Everton produce most weeks I have to admit I was wrong.

The football is absolutely fucking dire and now the results are matching it. They’ve been massively lucky that Calvert Lewin produced the season of his life from nowhere (nobody could see that coming) or otherwise they would be in serious shit.

Most home defeats ever in a season this year too, they’re as shit as us :barscarf:
Yep , same for me , busted flush by the looks of it.