other matches this weekend - Sean Dyche appreciation thread!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Clummo99

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by Clummo99 »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:30 pm
I almost feel sorry for klopp.

In the same period a year ago they lost 4 games in a year, now in the same period they have lost 16 i think the commentator said.

I wish we had got ancelotti, proper manager, we would be top 4 with him.

Did Iwobi touch the ball, he does seem to run around a lot more :lol:
Ancelotti was my choice before Emery and then again before Arteta. As you say, a proper manager that's won everything and supremely experienced.

Imagine where we'd be now if we had him in place after Wenger.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

BAD CHAMPIONS :barscarf:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:34 pm
BAD CHAMPIONS :barscarf:
Novelty champions. Much like Blackburn.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

They've now lost more games in 2021 than they did in 2019 and 2020 combined apparently. :lol:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

xisstential wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:24 pm
I still don't understand how Arnold wasn't sent off?? He wasn't even booked....Lee Dixon, fair play to him, seemed bemused as well. Compare that to the sending off of Luiz??
When you look at it like that then yes,our sending off seems even more of a joke but then I go back to xhaka getting sent off for a soft tackle that the ref deemed he made no attempt to win the ball yet seen it hundreds of times since and no red cards at all.

Then I go back to that fuckin cuntin ref that sent off van judas for that shot literally a second after the whistle blew, and at that point we were going through.

Had Luiz not got sent off then I am sure we would have beaten wolves and with that confidence maybe the next game and we could be right up there but that see.s to be the decisions we get.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Michael Owen and Leon Osman agree on the penalty.

Both question lack of red card.

Dermott Gallagher surprisingly disagreeing with the ref and also saying should have been a red. :shock:
Last edited by Clummo99 on Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Last man, no attempt to play the ball, no card :coffeespit:

Get fucked :roll: :roll:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

xisstential wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:33 pm
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:30 pm
I almost feel sorry for klopp.

In the same period a year ago they lost 4 games in a year, now in the same period they have lost 16 i think the commentator said.

I wish we had got ancelotti, proper manager, we would be top 4 with him.

Did Iwobi touch the ball, he does seem to run around a lot more :lol:
Yeah, me too :lol: :barscarf: :D 8) :lol: :barscarf: :D
:lol:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Clummo99 wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:39 pm

Dermott Gallagher surprisingly disagreeing with the ref and also saying should have been a red. :shock:
Well, I suppose it's not worst thing a bindipper has done at a football match and not been brought to justice for.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:31 pm
Ohhhhhhh Trampyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Shippppppmaannnnnnnnnnnnnnn, we want you to STAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D
:barscarf: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:51 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:39 pm

Well, I suppose it's not worst thing a bindipper has done at a football match and not been brought to justice for.
:shock:

ZING!! :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Tbh I don't think it was even a penno. Looks like the toffee lad ran into the back of his head and fell over. I honestly thought VAR would take it off them and when the ref went over I thought he'd deffo take the penno away. Was thrilled when he didn't. :lol:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:09 pm
Tbh I don't think it was even a penno. Looks like the toffee lad ran into the back of his head and fell over. I honestly thought VAR would take it off them and when the ref went over I thought he'd deffo take the penno away. Was thrilled when he didn't. :lol:
I did too when I first saw it but if you watch it again Alexander Arnold definitely lifts his leg up so he can bring down Calvert Lewin.

Stonewall penalty, last man, no attempt to play the ball but as it’s not an Arsenal player no sending off :roll:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Yep let's be honest it's not a penalty let alone a red card. Those that write the laws dictate that it is though.

The modern game really is shit isn't it.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:23 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
I did too when I first saw it but if you watch it again Alexander Arnold definitely lifts his leg up so he can bring down Calvert Lewin.

Stonewall penalty, last man, no attempt to play the ball but as it’s not an Arsenal player no sending off :roll:
Looked to me from the side angle that his knee hits the back of the victim's* head and as he's falling the victim* then lifts the leg. As thrilled as I am the ref gave it there's no way I think it was a penno. But I agree fully there is no consistency with the decisions. And wasn't the VAR abortion brought into provide that....?