other matches this weekend

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by DB10GOONER »

Clummo99 wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:34 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:09 pm
Tbh I don't think it was even a penno. Looks like the toffee lad ran into the back of his head and fell over. I honestly thought VAR would take it off them and when the ref went over I thought he'd deffo take the penno away. Was thrilled when he didn't. :lol:
Yep let's be honest it's not a penalty let alone a red card. Those that write the laws dictate that it is though.

The modern game really is shit isn't it.
Yep. The game is dying.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:23 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:09 pm
Tbh I don't think it was even a penno. Looks like the toffee lad ran into the back of his head and fell over. I honestly thought VAR would take it off them and when the ref went over I thought he'd deffo take the penno away. Was thrilled when he didn't. :lol:
I did too when I first saw it but if you watch it again Alexander Arnold definitely lifts his leg up so he can bring down Calvert Lewin.

Stonewall penalty, last man, no attempt to play the ball but as it’s not an Arsenal player no sending off :roll:
I thought after reading this thread that I was the only one who saw that, he definitely lifts his leg to bring him down, what is most telling at any football level is that as soon as the ref gives the pen Lewin just drops his head as if he he knows it was a pen.

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

Could we win a few on the bounce please, for fucks sake?

After the season we've had, it would be comedy gold to finish above the dippers and Shitcunts

LeftfootlegendGooner

Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:31 pm
Could we win a few on the bounce please, for fucks sake?

After the season we've had, it would be comedy gold to finish above the dippers and Shitcunts
:lol: :barscarf:

Yes please make it so

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

The granny murdering oily going full-on mumbling cûnt Dalglish and 'walking away' by July. Mr. Bindip himself, Stampy Slippy DJ Hitting Chav Wannabee signing, fewer league-titles-than Pascal Cygan, intimidated by Brenda Rodgers, Iliterate Gerrard in by July, in another Graeme Souness not winning anything and everything collapsing total mess. The rest of the world laughs for another 30 years or more. JFT39

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

JFT39

:high5:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

To be honest there should be some way for the club to call for an investigation into the Luiz incident, there have been at least 3 similar incidents in various matches since where the red card wasnt given and yet there is no recourse to call the officials and the rule to account.

It will never happen and it may be a case of sour grapes but that red card was game defining for us and it is a really good excuse to call the PGMO and VAR to account, the lack of consistency not only with VAR but the officials themselves is ruining our sport. I despise the PGMO and the FAs lack of calling them to account more and more every season. Those fuckers earn up to £80k a season and I'm not sure many other jobs would allow them to get it so wrong so often.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Just watching motd, how the fuck did kante not get sent off yesterday, he didn't even get a yellow after review, you can guarantee had that been one of our players they'd be seeing red, kante is a sly dirty cunnt.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Spuds 1 down already. :lol:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Clummo99 wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:11 pm
Spuds 1 down already. :lol:
Fucikin hell how did that ref let kane have that shot after a massive clash of heads, claret every fuckin where, refs really are cunnts

John F

Post by John F »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:03 pm
To be honest there should be some way for the club to call for an investigation into the Luiz incident, there have been at least 3 similar incidents in various matches since where the red card wasnt given and yet there is no recourse to call the officials and the rule to account.

It will never happen and it may be a case of sour grapes but that red card was game defining for us and it is a really good excuse to call the PGMO and VAR to account, the lack of consistency not only with VAR but the officials themselves is ruining our sport. I despise the PGMO and the FAs lack of calling them to account more and more every season. Those fuckers earn up to £80k a season and I'm not sure many other jobs would allow them to get it so wrong so often.
I agree You have only got to look at the non penalty at the Sheff Utd Fulham game yesterday to see how incompetent var is. A much more blatant red card and penalty then the sideshow incident yet var ignored it.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:07 pm
Just watching motd, how the fuck did kante not get sent off yesterday, he didn't even get a yellow after review, you can guarantee had that been one of our players they'd be seeing red, kante is a sly dirty cunnt.
Was watching the game live and couldn’t believe he got away with it, stamps right down on the Southampton players leg and not even a yellow.

It brought back memories of Auba’s red at Palace for me where he got sent off for just hanging out a leg to try and block the ball.

I have absolutely no doubt if that was Xhaka yesterday he was 100% getting sent off for that. It’s total bollocks.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

HAAA HAAA! See the look on Maureen's face !

Bale the top bun comes on and they still go behind..

FUCKOFF YOU FILTH :box: :box: :box:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Maureen doesn't look happy. :lol: :barscarf:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Even though we will be on the receiving end of it later it’s such a pity that the league cup final isn’t on next weekend as originally scheduled considering the form city are in and looking at the absolute fucking shambles the scum are under Maureen :lol: