other matches this weekend

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by rodders999 »

Atletico player pulled back when going through, nothing given and no VAR check :roll:

John F

Post by John F »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:15 pm
John F wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:23 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:17 pm
The scum and united are strolling, Leicester drawing.
I wasn't worried about the tiny totts winning the league but I am about th is competition.I need a dose of DB reality and a good slapping down before I start losing sleep.
Don't worry John, they won't. Uncle Old Dirty Bastard DB knows. 8)
Thank you :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Thinking ahead to Europe next season......

So there are 2 teams qualifying for the normal Europa League - 5th place and the FA Cup winners. With Man City already in the semis, likely Chelsea, either Man Ure or Leicester......then only Southampton winning it at their expense would prevent it going to 6th

The League Cup winners take the place in this new UEFA Conference League - so providing City stick it to the vermin scum, that will mean 7th goes into that thing.

How does everyone feel about that? Personally I'd like to still see us in Europe in any shape or form as it is a really good way for the kids to get a dozen games or so.......next season the likes of Azeez could really establish themselves in that.I think it did wonders for players like Martinelli and Saka in the past, and even allowed Tierney some more exposure when he was coming back from injury. Without it, i wonder what happens to these kids.....they'll like get punted out on loan to clubs like Huddersfield.

So.....even though I suspect the majority on here would rather not enter, I find myself hoping the Chavs knock out Sheffield United and that one of the big guns wins the FA Cup

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Very third rate like the Intertoto Cup. A club like ours should never be seen in a competition like that.

Not for me unless we treated it solely as an under 23 competition and players coming back from injury.

Would be extremely Spursy to celebrate winning a competition like that with our full first team.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Clummo99 wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:57 pm
Very third rate like the Intertoto Cup. A club like ours should never be seen in a competition like that.

Not for me unless we treated it solely as an under 23 competition and players coming back from injury.

Would be extremely Spursy to celebrate winning a competition like that with our full first team.
Yep, its not a badge of honour winning that, but a dozen European games for the academy lads plus a couple of League Cup outings will do wonders for them. Probably not quite as Spursy as the Audi Cup but know what you mean :D

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

The Norwegian PE teacher is taking a fisting so at least there’s that :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:44 pm
Hopefully they'll give him another 150m or so to blow on another load of shite this summer !

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:46 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:44 pm
Hopefully they'll give him another 150m or so to blow on another load of shite this summer !

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
Amen brother, fuck em :lol:

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Timm....I mean Harry Kane initiating contact, being a total pussy, and winning the scum a penalty. Pretend to be surprised.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

What a crayon munching, dribble chinned, cheating piece of shit he is :twisted:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Dean couldn’t give it quick enough. Was Kane actually on the pitch when he went over or the ball for that matter.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

If we manage to fluke our way to winning the Europa League and the vermin scum finished 4th......would we relegate them from the CL to the EL?

Just asking for a friend :D

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:51 am
If we manage to fluke our way to winning the Europa League and the vermin scum finished 4th......would we relegate them from the CL to the EL?

I get the feeling a rule change to ensure they were in CL might be paid for.... Oops I meant a perfectly normal rule change might happen :rubchin:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:16 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:51 am

I get the feeling a rule change to ensure they were in CL might be paid for.... Oops I meant a perfectly normal rule change might happen :rubchin:
More than likely.....

I just answered my own question by getting off my lazy arse......

https://www.premierleague.com/european- ... -explained

A maximum of five Premier League teams are eligible for UEFA Champions League qualification.

In the event that a Premier League club win the UEFA Champions League and another win the UEFA Europa League and neither of these clubs finish in the top four of the Premier League, the club lying fourth in the table will drop into the UEFA Europa League group stage.

It would be brilliantly Spursy for them to finish 4th above Liverpool and ourselves and the Mickeys to win the CL and us to win the EL

:D

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Republic of Oireland 0 Luxembourg 1

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fuck me, now THAT is embarrassing!! How can you lose to a Sunday league side?? Manager has to go surely!?