other matches this weekend

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Perryashburtongroves

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Thank God for those Love Arsenal hate Usmanov matches, eh?

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

You can certainly see where Arteta gets his bizarre tactical decisions from. Pep trying to be too clever by half!

Cancelo not selected (injured?) and no centre forward. I’ve never liked the false 9 bollocks.

Horrible season. The Euros better be good!

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 9:02 pm
Two nothing sides bought by Billionaires. All that is wrong with football. Total *word censored*.
We were bought by a billionaire.....and we are less than a nothing side.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I actually thought not having a striker would cost City the league this season but it turned out the standard was so shit they won it at a canter anyway.

It cost them dearly tonight though :roll:

250 million for Mbappe or Haaland should do it :banghead:

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

Since we last won the league Chelsea have won five Premier League titles and two Champions Leagues. Abysmal.
Meanwhile Man City have also won five Premier Leagues. Like we've entered some nightmare parallel universe!

Perryashburtongroves

rodders999 wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 9:11 pm
I actually thought not having a striker would cost City the league this season but it turned out the standard was so shit they won it at a canter anyway.

It cost them dearly tonight though :roll:

250 million for Mbappe or Haaland should do it :banghead:
Yep, they'll spend a 125 million on Haaland and about 300 million on wages over two years for an aging and now irrelevant since the drug cheating stopped, Messi and still manage to not win the chumps league.

Perryashburtongroves

Now I think of it, do we qualify under one of Wanker's pathetic rules for a special prize for beating the champions league winners twice in a season? I remember we were owed something according to him for beating the ferocious Leicester twice in a season when they won the league.

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

The only good thing you can say about that final is there was a little bit of nice counter attacking and we were spared the ridiculous play acting we had to put up with from when the Spanish/Italian teams were dominating Europe. Other than that a soulless wankfest that most people over 30 who remember when football wasnt run by oligarchs will have turned off halfway through.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

It was said at the time. When Roman turned up football was finished. Money laundering through a football club. That’s what it is. And then we had City. Everton are the same. Except they could have been our owner in Usmanov. We are owned by a billionaire but the only one that doesn’t want to win anything but wants to rape us financially. My anger is aimed at the previous board. They sold their shares for fortunes and left us with a massive *word censored*. They are to blame. The whole fucking turncoat lot of them. :banghead:

Perryashburtongroves

As sad as it sounds, it's further confirmation that we've become totally second rate and have been for about 15 years. We've shown absolutely no inclination to compete, no interest in getting better and for about ten years hid behind some fucking pathetic lie about the new stadium helping to "compete with Europe's best" . No real definition of what that meant or how it would be held to account but just some pathetic platitude to justify it. Fucking hell, some clubs talk about the sale of a player changing the course of a club's history or the sacking of a manager. That's fucking nothing, we've had our fucking heart ripped out, our whole identity removed and about 25 years of progress just destroyed by horrific decision making, management, and recruitment. Letting that prick Wanker have free reign, all those cûnts that let him run this club into the ground, fucking hell. Fuck you, fucking fuck you. Fuck all those fucking pompous fucking pricks who sat there with their gammon fucking faces pontificating about "I'd rather play Squillacci every week than pay another million for Gary Cahill" or fucking defended that frog prick when things were getting fucking dreadful. It was clear to see for years. We only needed one or two players for about the years, we were close but no cûnt cared and all those fucking idiots who sat there and tried to justify not competing as some sort of moral crusade. Like that fucking lot of weirdos in Guyana who ended up all dead and getting scraped up off the floor while everyone else just shook their heads. It didn't fucking work, it was all a fucking con job, most of us knew it and it should have all ended in about 2008.This is where we are now. Desperate, irrelevant and completely directionless. Fucking so bad we've got some cùnts claiming finishing 8th is a sign of future success. My fucking God. Jesus fucking Christ and whoever else. Fuck me. Who needed Tuchal back in 2018? Who needed Klopp in 2015? Fucking hell.

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 9:46 pm
It was said at the time. When Roman turned up football was finished. Money laundering through a football club. That’s what it is. And then we had City. Everton are the same. Except they could have been our owner in Usmanov. We are owned by a billionaire but the only one that doesn’t want to win anything but wants to rape us financially. My anger is aimed at the previous board. They sold their shares for fortunes and left us with a massive *word censored*. They are to blame. The whole fucking turncoat lot of them. :banghead:
Yep totally get the frustration, it's the my Dad is richer than your Dad top level more than ever before.

Our 'custodians' sold us out to SKE billionaires, doubt they need to milk us mate TBH they saw us as a undervalued football club turning over massive profits moving into a new stadium CL football year on year, safe investment. Man Utd we all hate them they have been done as well owners looking at profit lines.

For SKE the club now doesn't make money they don't understand football they have taken the club backwards, awful owners.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 9:01 pm
In the grand scheme of things, it matters not one jot. We are miles off, fucking miles off.
This.

i felt very detached watching that tonight.
we are a complete irrelevance at the top level of football these days.

this is the era of Chelsea/City. we are a very small team in comparison.

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

StuartL wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 8:18 pm
Midz wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 4:05 pm
Congrats to Brentford.
Means there will be a Middlesex derby next season.
Both in the 2nd division back in 1948 from what I remember (not that I'm old enough) as Toilet Lids got promoted a few years later, they'd been down since 1934 or halfway through our treble League Championship run! :barscarf:

Some Statto can check Wikipedia see if I'm right! LOL!

markyp

Post by markyp »

How we are letting Chelsea eclipse us is an absolute disgrace.we used to the THE team in London by a country mile, now we are just also rans,no better on the pitch than West ham or Palace,I bet Brentford see us off next season as well.its an utter utter embarrassment how our club has been neglected for 15 years or so,we are so irrelevant now,what a sad state of affairs

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

cameron326 wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 9:12 pm
Since we last won the league Chelsea have won five Premier League titles and two Champions Leagues. Abysmal.
Meanwhile Man City have also won five Premier Leagues. Like we've entered some nightmare parallel universe!
I would personally be more worried about our decline rather than their dominance. If we had a David Dein type figure, we might just have someone who knows how to get a deal over the line.

City had a net spend of £1.2bn between 2008 and 2019. I defy any club not to win the league with that budget. It has to be an abject failure though, not to win the CL as well. That is turning to be the one black mark on Pep's CV these days.

As for Chelski, they always will be a small club with a rich owner. When we won the FA Cup in 2014 we put 250,000 fans onto the streets of Islington. A few years earlier they put 70,000 fans out for their CL parade. You can buy trophies but you can't buy a fanbase.