other matches this weekend

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
the playing mantis

Re: other matches this weekend - 10/8- 13/8

Post by the playing mantis »

g88ner wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:42 am
Just read that sp*rs will be playing home games at both Wembley and the new WHL this season.

For the integrity of the the Premier league I thought you had to play all home fixtures at the same stadium :? Seems mad that you can switch stadiums like that.

Being totally unbiased, I'd remove them from the competition and demote them to the championship for next season. :|
joe lewis up to his old tricks as ever.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

g88ner wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:42 am
Just read that sp*rs will be playing home games at both Wembley and the new WHL this season.

For the integrity of the the Premier league I thought you had to play all home fixtures at the same stadium :? Seems mad that you can switch stadiums like that.

Being totally unbiased, I'd remove them from the competition and demote them to the championship for next season. :|
Morally that would be the right thing to do. :D

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Was getting a slagging from a Liverpool fan about us losing Sunday,said to be him we were beaten by the best team in England, he replied that we didn't play liverpool,i said they are the champions, his reply but we are top of the table we scored 4goals ,that makes us the best team.

The most unbearable pricks ever.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:40 pm
Was getting a slagging from a Liverpool fan about us losing Sunday,said to be him we were beaten by the best team in England, he replied that we didn't play liverpool,i said they are the champions, his reply but we are top of the table we scored 4goals ,that makes us the best team.

Sadly they actually all believe that. The ones I know , and there are lots of them, believe all the hype about Liverpool and they buy into the words of wisdom from the likes of John Aldridge etc.. Oddly enough by Spring time when Liverpool are out of the title race their thoughts turn to rugby or GAA.
We had the unbearable arrogance of the new Manure fans in the 90s , the misty eyed sentimental rubbish from the Celtic fans over the years and the sense of entitlement from the Victims fans.. Amazingly in good old Oireland you can support Celtic and either of the other two.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:51 am
mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:40 pm

Sadly they actually all believe that. The ones I know , and there are lots of them, believe all the hype about Liverpool and they buy into the words of wisdom from the likes of John Aldridge etc.. Oddly enough by Spring time when Liverpool are out of the title race their thoughts turn to rugby or GAA.
We had the unbearable arrogance of the new Manure fans in the 90s , the misty eyed sentimental rubbish from the Celtic fans over the years and the sense of entitlement from the Victims fans.. Amazingly in good old Oireland you can support Celtic and either of the other two.
I've been in pubs where Celtic "fans" were singing IRA and anti British songs with gusto and then the same moronic cùnts will be in there a couple days later in their manure or mouser jerseys screeching like bitches for those clubs. Absolute arseholes. :censored: :oops:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

The latest from the 2 mouser tossers in work is that Klopp and the victims have shown why they are the best club in the PL. After one game. Against utter shit. Apparently citeh will be running scared this season. :oops: :lol:

I chipped in with "well it'll be nice for you to finally win a premier league after over a quarter of a century in the wilderness". :wink:

Post by 1989 »

With De Bruyne out for the majority of the season, I have to admit I'm starting to worry that it may actually finally be their year.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

1989 wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:19 am
With De Bruyne out for the majority of the season, I have to admit I'm starting to worry that it may actually finally be their year.
It won't be. Klopp is too like Wenger in his intractable idealist approach. The mousers are great going forward but always susceptible to the sucker punch defensively. Also citeh have depth and spending power. Can't see anything but citeh walking it again this season tbh which is probably the lesser of all evils.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:26 am
1989 wrote:
It won't be. Klopp is too like Wenger in his intractable idealist approach. The mousers are great going forward but always susceptible to the sucker punch defensively. Also citeh have depth and spending power. Can't see anything but citeh walking it again this season tbh which is probably the lesser of all evils.
Was actually thinking about all this when I woke up.

One game in and I'm already stressing about who's going to win the league, can't be good for me. While I too make City strong favourites there will always be that niggling doubt in my head that those murdering bastards might do it until they start to lose a few games. Would be delighted in they finished potless again.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

1989 wrote:
I think it will be. I like Klopp anyway. I would have been very happy to have hid four years ago at The Arsenal. delighted in fact.

it will be a small consolation that united fans will be more upset than we will :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:17 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:26 am
1989 wrote:
Was actually thinking about all this when I woke up.

One game in and I'm already stressing about who's going to win the league, can't be good for me. While I too make City strong favourites there will always be that niggling doubt in my head that those murdering bastards might do it until they start to lose a few games. Would be delighted in they finished potless again.
Don't worry rodders Klopp is a perennial failure. All show all mouth and histrionics but has no more true managerial quality than latter era Wenger - and without the 3 FA Cups. :lol:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Darren Bent on SSN saying Harry Kane is a better than Aguero. I would think a striker's worth is measured in part by his contribution to tangible success like titles and cups. Obviously club and nationality is equally or more important.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

That Richarlson looks a bargain.

Derby getting thumped again. Ha ha ha.

I said lampard would be gone by Xmas, it might be sooner.

They guy they sacked for him had them what - 4th ?

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Wally is playing well - scored one, made one.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Likewise Kieran Gibbs - made on , scored one.

Wiltshire playing poorly again . West Ham losing at home to Bournemouth.

QPR are such a fuck up. Too many bad managers, and mclaren is not going to save them either. I do feel sorry for their fans.