other matches this weekend

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Post Reply
arrgee
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:16 pm

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by arrgee »

Not this weekend but Brentford’s win means dirty Leeds can’t get promoted tomorrow. Good.

arrgee
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:16 pm

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by arrgee »

Sadly Bournemouth don’t look like they can catch the claret scum, but maybe Watford could beat them on Friday and take it to the last game.

User avatar
g88ner
Posts: 14101
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:17 pm

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by g88ner »

Spurs win again. We really do love giving teams a confidence boost :x

Wolves winning too. That’s another nail in our Europa league coffin.

John F
Posts: 534
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:41 pm

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by John F »

A lot of ifs in this.We could have a big say in the relegation battle.If Watford could beat West Ham who then likely to lose to Utd away Arsenal could set up a winner takes all match between West Ham and Villa by losing to Villa.If Watford lose to West Ham and City and we lose to Villa we could have a hand in sending Watford down on the final day.I never want us to lose but there are compensations to losing to Villa.Bournemouth have on the beach Southampton and Everton.

John F
Posts: 534
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:41 pm

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by John F »

Var helping Utd again

User avatar
Bradywasking
Posts: 6032
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:14 am

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by Bradywasking »

John F wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:38 pm
Var helping Utd again
I just don't understand it, looked a certain penalty for Palace but the ref didn't see it that way, or maybe didn't even see it at all, and VAR cannot intervene..Just like the penalty United got at Villa last week..Clear and obvious mistakes both but neither rectified..It doesn't make sense. Nkeitah was given.a yellow card by the referee, but VAR did intervene and eventually the referee upgraded it to red. But that didn't happen at West Ham the following day. Or at Brighton the following evening. It didn't happen last night at Arsenal either..Just what is this bar that is the benchmark for VAR intervening? And if there is a bar why do commentators say that VAR checks everything? Totally confused here.

Jock Gooner
Posts: 2788
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:53 am

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by Jock Gooner »

Bradywasking wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:25 pm
John F wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:38 pm
Var helping Utd again
I just don't understand it, looked a certain penalty for Palace but the ref didn't see it that way, or maybe didn't even see it at all, and VAR cannot intervene..Just like the penalty United got at Villa last week..Clear and obvious mistakes both but neither rectified..It doesn't make sense. Nkeitah was given.a yellow card by the referee, but VAR did intervene and eventually the referee upgraded it to red. But that didn't happen at West Ham the following day. Or at Brighton the following evening. It didn't happen last night at Arsenal either..Just what is this bar that is the benchmark for VAR intervening? And if there is a bar why do commentators say that VAR checks everything? Totally confused here.

Just watched the penalty incident and it's another shocker. To be honest nothing surprises me any more when it comes to referees and VAR, they are simply both useless. Only football could introduce technology and still manage to fu.ck things up.

User avatar
DB10GOONER
Posts: 49970
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:06 pm
Location: Dublin, Ireland.
Contact:

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by DB10GOONER »

I would dearly love to see the murdering wet sham filth get relegated. Fucking utter cùnts. :censored:

User avatar
Bradywasking
Posts: 6032
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:14 am

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by Bradywasking »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:03 am
I would dearly love to see the murdering wet sham filth get relegated. Fucking utter cùnts. :censored:
Yeah and Villa..Arsenal could relegate Villa on Tuesday, although it is possible they will be gone before then.
Would like to see Brentford come up. They have been there or thereabouts for a few years. Unfortunately I think automatic promotion is their best chance as the playoffs are a sick and cruel lottery. I think, open to correction, that if promoted Brentford would be the 50th team to play in the Premier League.

A11M11
Posts: 1465
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:07 am

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by A11M11 »

Only football could introduce technology and still manage to fu.ck things up.

It's been a deliberate ploy by Riley to get rid of something that could possibly hold him to account.

User avatar
DB10GOONER
Posts: 49970
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:06 pm
Location: Dublin, Ireland.
Contact:

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by DB10GOONER »

A11M11 wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:16 am
Only football could introduce technology and still manage to fu.ck things up.

It's been a deliberate ploy by Riley to get rid of something that could possibly hold him to account.
Tbh there is also a problem in that football is totally unlike any of the sports where VAR type technology works like cricket and rugby. Both are slow stop start sports whereas football is usually played at a hundred miles an hour and constantly flows around the pitch and that is one of the many things that makes it more entertaining and just better than other sports. Introducing technology that slows or stops the action is a huge mistake - especially when that technology is not 100% foolproof.

User avatar
the playing mantis
Posts: 2655
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:36 pm
Location: EX

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by the playing mantis »

Bradywasking wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:42 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:03 am
I would dearly love to see the murdering wet sham filth get relegated. Fucking utter cùnts. :censored:
Yeah and Villa..Arsenal could relegate Villa on Tuesday, although it is possible they will be gone before then.
Would like to see Brentford come up. They have been there or thereabouts for a few years. Unfortunately I think automatic promotion is their best chance as the playoffs are a sick and cruel lottery. I think, open to correction, that if promoted Brentford would be the 50th team to play in the Premier League.
id like to see them too. tbh dont mind leeds coming up either, and would also like forest to come up as it makes a change, instead of the others in the mix, west brom, fulham, cardiff, who just yo yo back and forth (cardiff less so) and are 'nothing' clubs in my eyes.

User avatar
IW8Goalmachine
Posts: 2947
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:15 am
Location: Galway

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

the playing mantis wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:56 am
Bradywasking wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:42 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:03 am
I would dearly love to see the murdering wet sham filth get relegated. Fucking utter cùnts. :censored:
Yeah and Villa..Arsenal could relegate Villa on Tuesday, although it is possible they will be gone before then.
Would like to see Brentford come up. They have been there or thereabouts for a few years. Unfortunately I think automatic promotion is their best chance as the playoffs are a sick and cruel lottery. I think, open to correction, that if promoted Brentford would be the 50th team to play in the Premier League.
id like to see them too. tbh dont mind leeds coming up either, and would also like forest to come up as it makes a change, instead of the others in the mix, west brom, fulham, cardiff, who just yo yo back and forth (cardiff less so) and are 'nothing' clubs in my eyes.
Will you stop. Fucking media will be camped right up Leeds' rectum.

User avatar
StuartL
Posts: 6773
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 8:22 pm
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day and I’m feeling good

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by StuartL »

Prolific Wally Walcot notched his 2nd league goal of the seasons we’d be moaning like hell if Pepe only had 2.

arrgee
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:16 pm

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by arrgee »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:03 am
I would dearly love to see the murdering wet sham filth get relegated. Fucking utter cùnts. :censored:
Still possible. Would be this season’s silver lining seeing the Claret Scum aka Stratford United relegated. Apart from the murdering ICF, they have the soft porn baron, the pimp and their madam running the show and the treacherous Rice as a captain. I hate them more than the spuds. Cmon Watford!!!

Post Reply